email@example.com · https://www.linkedin.com/in/astha-singh-835a1a105/· Date of Birth: 16-10-1993
Experienced crisis response professional, knowledgeable about strategies for reintroducing calm to emotionally charged crisis situations. Skilled in reflective listening, relationship building, and collaborative problem solving. Adept at providing counseling services to sports persons. Enthusiastic and eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Motivated to learn, grow and excel.
APRIL – MAY, 2020
CRISIS COUNSELOR, DELHI COMMISSION OF PROTECTION OF CHILD RIGHTS
• Telephonic counseling of individual in distress (parents, children and adults) in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic situation all over the country.
• Used skills such as active listening and collaborative problem solving daily to connect with callers and address concerns.
• Provided comprehensive case management services, including creating treatment plans and connecting clients and families to appropriate resources. MAY – JUNE, 2020
CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY INTERN, DELHI PSYCHIATRY CENTRE
• Cosmos Institute of Mental and Behavioral Sciences (CIMBS).
• Collected case histories covering personal work and social details for permanent records.
• Shadowed experienced clinical psychologists to gain in depth knowledge of treatment, diagnosis and assessment techniques.
MAY – JUNE, 2017
TEACHING INTERN, ST. ANDREW SCOTTS SCHOOL, NEW DELHI
• Assisted classroom teachers with grading project, homework and assignments.
• Distributed and collected assignments and paper work from students.
• Served as mentors to students, answered questions, provided tutoring services and offered one on one lessons reviews.
OCTOBER, 2016 – APRIL, 2017
PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER, ALLENHOUSE PUBLIC SCHOOL, GHAZIABAD, UP
• Taught English, General Knowledge and Personality Development to students for classes 3, 4, 5 & 6.
• Supported teachers by mentoring on classroom management, lesson planning and activity organization.
• Kept students on task with proactive behavior modification and positive reinforcement strategies.
M.A. PSYCHOLOGY, BANASTHALI VIDYAPITH, RAJASTHAN – GPA: 8.64
• Head of Committee in the College Fest,’ Adhyaay ‘. Leadership of
• Committee Members, Volunteers and organization of the fest.
• Dissertation: ‘Role of Personalities in Pro-environmental behaviour, Nature Connectedness and Intention of College Students’
• Presented a Paper,’ Adolescents’ Behaviour, Internet and Media – bringing both the good and the bad at the table’, at the National Seminar on Adolescents’ Behaviour: Care vs. Concern, organized by Department of Psychology, Banasthali Vidyapith on 18 – 19 Aug, 2020.
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (B.ED.): GURU GOBIND SINGH INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY, NEW DELHI
BACHELOR OF ARTS (B.A) - HONS (PSYCHOLOGY): INDRAPRASTHA COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, UNIVERSITY OF DELHI, NEW DELHI
• Guided relaxation and imagery & Hypnosis
• Suicide Prevention & First Aid CPR
• Crisis Handling
• Statistical Analysis / SPSS
• Report Writing
• Individual Counseling
• Collaborated with a team of 80-100 counselors with supervisors in providing telephonic counseling and support to individuals during the Covid-19 pandemic regarding providing relief services to adults
- women, parents, child and parental counseling, ration, e-pass.
• Clinical Hypnotherapy Level 1: Master Hypnotist and Self-Hypnosis practitioner from California Hypnosis Institute (CHI), USA
• Conducted an independent research project ‘Role of Personalities in Pro-environmental Behaviour, Nature Connectedness and Intention of College Students’, as a part of M.A. Dissertation on about 100 college going students of Delhi in the age group of 18-25 years.
• Participated in seven-day training on statistical analysis using SPSS.
• Participated in the Workshop on Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. CERTIFICATIONS
• Counseling Children & Adolescents Accredited Certificate course fully accredited by the International Association of Therapists (IAOTH).
• Clinical Hypnotherapy Level 1: Master Hypnotist and Practitioner from California Hypnosis Institute
• Statistical Analysis using SPSS.
• Telephonic Psychological support in the context of COVID-19 from NIMHANS Psycare (April 2020).
• Online Orientation and Training for Crisis Counseling in the context of COVID-19 from COVID Response in collaboration with I Am Well-being, Mindpiper and DCPCR. (April 2020).
• Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health during COVID-19, issuing Authority University of Toronto, April 2020.
• QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Program from QPR Institute and Suicide Prevention India Foundation on 05/08/2020.
• Severe to Profound Intellectual Disabilities: Circles of Care and Education. Issued by the University of Cape Town, April 2020.
• Understanding Geriatric Mental Health, issued by COVID Response, 16th May, 2020.
• Understanding and working with grief and loss, issued by COVID Response, 9th May, 2020. AFFILIATIONS
California Hypnosis Institute (CHI), USA.
Languages known: English and Hindi
Hobbies: Reading, Travelling, Photography, Journaling and Public Speaking.