Red Deer College in collaboration with The University of Alberta, The Bachelor of Science Nursing Program; 2002-2006.
Association of Career Colleges, Cosmetology Schools of Canada; 1984. PROFESSIONAL HISTORY.
● Registered Nurse: April 2005-August 2019; Centennial Centre for Mental Health and Brain Injury: Units, Adult Psychiatry and Seniors Mental Health. Role: Charge nurse and staff nurse, caring for patients with complex multifactorial physical and mental health crisis.
● Resource Nurse: 2009-2019; For care of patients in the infirmary, infusion therapy and PICC lines.
● Registered Nurse Volunteer: 2018-present. Alberta Health Services, Palliative care, CCMHBI.
● Sessional Instructor: 2009-2019, Psychiatric Nursing Program, Faculty of Health and Community Studies, MacEwan University, David Russell Educational Complex, Centennial Centre for Mental Health and Brain Injury. Role: Clinical Instructor for first year students, PNRS-Sections PNO70 and PNO1-Foundations in Nursing.
● Laboratory Instructor: 2009-2019; PNRS 152, Nursing Practice Foundations. Role: Instruct, guide, and demonstrate all skills for clinical practice in the Foundations of Nursing. There are twelve labs from Principles of Infection control to Client Education/Teaching and Learning.
● Preceptor: December 2018, PNRS 355, Section PNO1, Clinical Preceptorship. Role: Resource Instructor, role model, teacher, facilitator, guide, evaluator, and guardian.
● Various preceptorships: Final practicums for both BScN students and Psychiatric students.
● Policy Development
● Developing clinical tools
● Involved in Curriculum
● Strong Interpersonal and communication skill
● Ability to work in a team environment and independently CERTIFICATES
● IT Your Move: Master Trainer
● CVC’s Advanced Clinical Trainer
● ASSIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills
● NCI: Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
● The Art of Accountability
● Pathways to Resolution
● Achieving a Facilitative Approach
● Documentation in Nursing
● Essentials in Mental Health Nursing
● Code of Ethics: CNA
● How to Deal with Difficult People
● Challenging Geriatric Behaviors
● Palliative Care Volunteer: Alberta Health Services
● Ponoka Food Bank: Board Member for major decisions about the business of a non profit organization. Positions held: Treasurer and Secretary. Position held from 2014-2019.
I thank you for this opportunity and it would be a pleasure to discuss possibilities with you. REFERENCE