JORDAN T. RICHARDSON, ESQ.
OATH LAW - MEMPHIS, TN
Estate Planning Attorney, March 2020- Present
- Drafted and executed estate planning documents, including trusts, wills, and other ancillary documents.
- Created Limited Liability Companies to maximize asset protection.
- Maintained client load of 15-30 new clients per month.
- Managed Memphis office and personnel.
- Conducted workshops within Memphis Metropolitan Area to educate the community about estate planning. THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS CECIL C. HUMPHREYS SCHOOL OF LAW - MEMPHIS, TN Graduate Research Assistant for Professor Kathryn Ramsey, Clinical Professor of Law May 2019- August 2019
- Worked alongside Tennessee Justice Center to resolve TennCare and Medicare needs for clients.
- Maintained casework for 20-30 clients that the MLP clinic is responsible for during the summer semester.
- Prepped for Individualized Education Plan [“IEP”] meetings at Shelby County Schools.
- Performed legal research to be used in published law review article. MEMPHIS CHiLD: METHODIST LEBONHEUR MEDICAL-LEGAL PARTNERSHIP - MEMPHIS, TN Extern for University of Memphis Medical-Legal Partnership Clinic May 2019- July 2019
- Conducted conservatorship hearing in Shelby County Probate Court before the Honorable Judge Gomes.
- Coordinated with doctors and staff at LeBonheur Children’s Hospital to attain necessary information for clients.
- Attended IEP meetings in Shelby County, Germantown, and Tipton County school systems.
- Prepared and researched for administrative law hearings regarding TennCare eligibility. MEMPHIS CHiLD: METHODIST LEBONHEUR MEDICAL-LEGAL PARTNERSHIP - MEMPHIS, TN Student attorney for University of Memphis Medical-Legal Partnership Clinic August 2018- December 2018
- Granted limited license to practice by the Supreme Court of the State of Tennessee.
- Conducted client interviews in cases involving healthcare and educational resources.
- Presented lecture on Education Law to incoming resident doctors at UTHSC orientation.
- Performed legal research regarding the current climate in education and health law.
- Drafted interoffice research memos for attorneys and resident doctors.
- Conducted rounds sessions with resident doctors concerning current issues in health and education law. LEXISNEXIS - MEMPHIS, TN
Campus Representative May 2017-May 2019
- Assisted students and faculty with legal research in individual and group learning settings.
- Helped to grow product use and acceptance amongst students and faculty.
- Worked with team ranked nationally among all law schools in student and faculty reach.
- Reached growth quotas for product use and preferability on campus during every semester. MEMPHIS AREA LEGAL SERVICES - MEMPHIS, TN
Legal extern with Partnership for Educational Advocacy and Parity May 2017-July 2017
- Drafted article about Free Appropriate Public Education presented to Special Education & Juvenile Justice Task Force in Nashville.
- Drafted demand letters, interoffice research memos, and requests for admissions.
- Performed legal research and prepared memos regarding property law, disaster relief, Shelby County Schools, IEP meetings, special education, insurance, personal injury, and debt collections.
- Conducted client interviews in special education cases involving IEP meetings, and consumer law cases. PEAK INSURANCE - JOHNSON CITY, TN
Insurance Consultant August 2014- May 2016
- Received Rookie of the Year for most outstanding new agent from Crestpoint Health Insurance in 2015.
- Ranked Third in New Business Production for Peak Insurance agency in the year 2015.
- Participated as member of local chapter of NAIFA (National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors).
- Grew and maintained a book of business that required communication with insurance companies, clients, and state agencies.
EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY - JOHNSON CITY, TN Front Desk Receptionist August 2010- May 2012
- Entered information into Excel spreadsheets, and performed basic office management tasks.
- Answered phone calls and delivered important messages to Scholarship office.
- Filed documents with personal and highly confidential information. THE FIREHOUSE RESTAURANT - JOHNSON CITY, TN
Server, Manager, Line Cook, Caterer, Hospitality January 2009- January 2015
- Managed catering events of over five hundred guests for corporate and social events.
- Conducted daily restaurant operations, including opening and closing of restaurant.
- Received Employee of the Month Award at The Firehouse Restaurant for excellent service and teamwork. YOUNG LIFE - JOHNSON CITY, TN
Volunteer Leader/ Student Staff May 2010- May 2016
- Assisted in securing donorship money and growing local involvement.
- Volunteered as a ministry leader at area High School (Science Hill High School).
- Led team of twelve college students and adults through year-long ministry efforts. EDUCATION
UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS CECIL C. HUMPHREY SCHOOL OF LAW- MEMPHIS, TN Juris Doctor, August 2019
- CALI Award for excellence in Medical Legal Partnership Clinic.
- President of Memphis student chapter of Christian Legal Society.
- Member of American Bar Association for Law Students. EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY- JOHNSON CITY, TN
Bachelor of Arts, History, August 2014
- Recipient of Academic Performance Scholarship.
- Recipient of Dean’s List honor.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
LICENSE TO PRACTICE LAW - TENNESSEE
TENNESSEE NOTARY PUBLIC