Sherman Wade Baker
Lost Creek, West Virginia 26385
Over 20 years successful Customer Service and Administrative Support experience. Dedicated to providing accurate and timely customer support. Reliable employee with excellent analytical, organizational and people skills. Strong personal ethics and integrity. Convey a professional image of honesty, compassion and concern for the needs of my Team Members and customers. Skilled in providing courteous service to customers from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. Good conflict-resolution skills. Work well under pressure and deadlines. Highly organized team-builder with strong leadership experience. Excellent communicator seeking a position utilizing current skills.
Employment Programs Associate
West Virginia Department of Personnel 10/2020- present
Providing technical and/or programmatic assistance to staff, participants, and other users entitled to component of a statewide program or major technical area specific to or characteristic of the Bureau of Employment Programs.
Helps assure compliance with laws and regulations governing the program or technical area.
Assists in establishing and maintaining operational procedures.
Uses independent judgment to determine approaches to operational problems.
Exercises latitude in varying methods and procedures within the parameters of program or technical area guidelines.
May assign and review the work of clerical staff.
Office Manager/ Dispatch 4/2020- 10/2020
Graham Simon Plumbing
Provide administrative support to all areas of the business.
Create and itemize bills and invoices for customers.
Create and submit purchase orders for vendors.
Receive customers’ payments
Schedule customer appointment
Arrange the daily schedule of plumbers and electricians in advance.
Pay roll and time keeping for all hourly employees.
Maintain company records and licenses.
Administer on boarding process for new employees including interview, background check, and drug screening.
Ensure the office is adequately stocked with supplies.
Clerk II 6/2019-11/2019
Choctaw Defense Service
Provide administrative support to U.S. Army recruitment offices.
Update all service records
Make travel arrangements for office personnel.
Inventory office for services and supplies
Manage calendars and arrange appointments
Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer
Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
Process and prepare documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports
Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail
Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and record and transcribe minutes
Invoice Processor / Dispatch 4/2018- 11/2020
Fedex Bridgeport, WV
Process all invoices for freight delivery and pickup.
Ensure all trucks and equipment has been documented as safe by the drivers and documentation is archived.
Provide telephone support and customer service.
Insurance Policy Inspector 2/2018 –present
National Insurance Inspection
Insurance Risk Services
Travel to designated address, document current condition of home or business.
Photograph all structures.
Notate all possible liabilities and risks and provide photographic support of each.
Generate a report for the underwriter for renewing or creating an insurance policy.
Executive Assistant 6/2018 – 11/2018
Job Squad, Bridgeport, WV
· Responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that Job Squad, Inc. services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
· In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, perform duties such as coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, and coordinating direct mailings.
· Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the main office,
· Answer phones, transfer, greet visitors and general office interaction and coordination with vendors and visitors. (Take messages or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.)
· General office work including but not limited to filing, printing, collating, faxing, shredding and completing various paperwork.
· Perform desktop publishing. Create and develop quarterly newsletter with direction from the Marketing Committee.
· Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. This can include coordinating direct mailings, scheduling job interviews, and maintaining the Crews for Shoes program and other projects as assigned.
· Responsible for HAPI organization, procurement, disbursement and documentation.
· Provide word processing and administrative support to Job Squad's Management Team
· Receive, sign, sort, deliver, and record mail.
· Attend board, committee and other meetings to record minutes.
Human Resources Assistant & Administrative Assistant 10/2013 – 10/2018
Manpower Staffing, Bridgeport, WV
· Interviewed prospective new employees.
· Collected data from drug tests and background checks
· Coordinated board and committee meetings, including schedules and information preparation.
· Prepared bank deposits and arranged pickup by Loomis.
· Assisted with event planning, including associated travel and logistical arrangements.
· Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
· Prepared weekly payroll.
· Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
· Screened applicant resumes and coordinated both phone and in-person interviews.
· Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
· Managed a wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve customer issues, quickly and efficiently.
Customer Service Representative 6/2005 - 4/2008
Aegis, Fairmont, WV
· Effectively managed a high-volume of inbound and outbound customer calls.
· Resolved service, pricing and technical problems for customers.
· Receive credit card and bank draft payments.
Code Enforcement Officer 5/1999 - 7/2003
M.T. Clausley, Homestead, FL
· Ensured that all new building projects within the County complied with code standards.
· Documented findings and created/updated reports.
· Worked with Law Enforcement when subject was non-compliant.
· Prepared evidence for court cases.
Loss Prevention Manager 7/1999 - 8/2002
K Mart, Marathon, FL
· Interviewed, hired, trained, coached, and managed up to 5 staff.
· Maintained low staff turnover through effective motivational management.
· Collected and maintained data from background checks and drug testing.
· Performed surveillance of customers and employees to prevent theft.
· Assisted with inventory control.
· Created and update files on suspects to provide evidence in court cases.
Associate Editor 4/1993 - 6/1999
Construction Data Corporation, Cary, NC
· Developed and followed-up on news articles relating to construction projects.
· Worked with contractors and architects to learn specifics of each project.
· Developed and maintained a working relationship with clients and provided customer service.
Education and Credentials
Pierpont technical college, Fairmont, West Virginia 2018 (associates degree)
Fairmont State University, Fairmont, West Virginia 2013 (BA psychology)
Valid WV Drivers License (Clean Record)
Computer skills include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Tele Time (Time Keeping).