Tammer Abdelmonem, MBA, ITIL
IT professional with strong technical background and management experience of large scale infrastructure projects. Excellent leader and consensus builder with the ability to manage and deliver results in a fast paced work environment under minimal supervision. Proven track record in providing quality customer support, meeting or exceeding client needs with capabilities to listen effectively, respond appropriately and maintain mutual comfort while relating to a diverse group of individuals.
• Managed an operations staff and provided strategy and direction for technical issues at regional sites across North America.
• Designed and developed a unique business process for dispatch tickets at remote sites resulting in 70% cost reduction from the previous model
• Analyzed business requirements and managed the risk of projects to ensure timely delivery.
• Deployed router and server equipment, and performed data migration for a financial services firm whereby resulting in a smooth transition and zero downtime for end users.
• Achieved zero SLA breaching for a period of 4 consecutive months.
Rutgers University, RUTGERS BUSINESS SCHOOL – Newark, NJ
MBA in Management, Global Business & Strategy Completion Date: December 2012
Managing Strategic Transformation
Financial Institutions and Markets
Global Management Strategy
Management of Innovation & Technology
Cross Cultural Management
Business, Ethics & Society
MODERN ACADEMY IN MAADI - Cairo, Egypt
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Management Technology Class of 2001
KPMG – Montvale, NJ 7/2010 – Present
Senior Associate, Network Operations Center 12/2015 - Present
Pioneered and helped establish a 24/7/365 NOC operations environment from initiation to maturity.
Managed outages, failures, and service degradation issues, which included incident management, problem management, root-cause analysis, performance monitoring/analysis, and detailed reporting.
Collaborated with business operations teams, KTech Leadership, engineering teams, third party vendors and various subject matter experts in order to identify and address critical errors, failures, or malfunctions, and verify service impact to internal users and external business partners. Implemented immediate corrective action(s) when necessary, as part of the troubleshooting/break-fix process.
24x7x365 proactive monitoring and surveillance, analysis, troubleshooting, and incident management of the data center environment, information security hardware/software, network infrastructure, I.T. platforms, software applications, and in-store hardware and software technology, through the utilization of various platforms including SolarWinds, Splunk, Uptrends and SCOM.
Kept system at maximum uptime through proactive oversight and scheduled maintenance.
Monitored batch operations for HR and Payroll using Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Final point of approval for all KTech Runbooks
Updated policy procedure and troubleshooting guidelines.
Worked closely with the Server Administration Group (SAG) to assist in resolving any outstanding incidents they may have.
Subject Matter Expert, Associate Technology 7/2010 – 11/2015
3rd level support on the service support desk, specifically to support eAudIT, a powerful audit management system that helps auditors increase the efficiency and productivity of the entire audit process, including: risk assessment, scheduling and planning of engagements. The application is used globally by over 15,000 auditors.
Documentation and analysis of incidents and errors that arise from use of the application.
Provide knowledgeable solutions and workarounds for complex problems that result from use of eAudIT.
Handle escalations and training of ITS teams.
Project coordination in rollout processes of new versions of the application. First line of defense when new companywide incidents appear.
Support countrywide eAudIT training sessions at various different locations across the US for up to 800 new hires in different locations across the US.
Serve as technical liaison, resource and primary point of contact for eAudIT users and staff and business entities. Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization.
Engagement database management using SQL Server Management Studio.
Implement SQL queries provided by Global Support.
Floor management to monitor Service Desk analyst performance while assisting internal and external users.
Heavily integrated in companywide datacenter initiative to transfer 4700 engagements from local computers to a centralized server. Directed engagement teams through year end and quarterly closeouts.
Served as an integral team member and took initiatives to improve team cohesiveness.
Team player with proven capabilities to work well under pressure against tight deadlines.
Advanced Technology Services / General Reinsurance - New York, NY 9/2007 - 8/2009
Field Service Representative/Project Lead - General Reinsurance Corporation
• Directed an operational staff across multiple regional and international sites.
• Trained operations staff on best practices for resolving various computer & network related issues.
• Project managed multiple initiatives which include but are not limited to software & hardware rollouts, software & antivirus updates, network printer installations.
• Analyzed user requirements to perform configuration, installation, moves & disposal of software products
• Dispatched technicians to remote sites using ATS helpdesk.
• Provided End User Technical Support: Lotus Notes email setup & issues, Imaging, permission modifications, network connectivity issues, VPN, Blackberry & PDA support.
• Promptly resolved Citrix challenges on-site whereby generating more productivity and minimizing downtime.
• Provided desktop end user support for hardware, software & network related issues.
• Performed software, hardware & OS installations.
• Managed daily tickets & performed technical documentation for multiple offices using COSIMA & Remedy ticketing systems.
3 Microsoft Certified Professional Certificates - MS WIndows 2000 Professional, MS WIndows 2000 Server, Managing a Windows 2000 Network Environment, ITIL V3
Hardware: Compaq Proliant Serviers, 3COM 3900/400 switches, NIC cards, ISDN, HP & Lexmark local & network printers, DELL/HP/Compaq/IBM/Sony/Toshiba laptops, IBM Netvista/300PL/300GL, Dell desktop computers, Cisco 7000 series router, Cisco switches
Software: MS Windows NT 4.0/9x/2000 Pro/2000 - 2012 Server/ XP, MS Office 97/2000/XP/2003/2007 suite, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes, Citrix, Norton Antivirus 2000-2004, Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, Mcafee Antivirus, DameWare NT utilities, Norton Ghost, Partition Magic, Adobe Acrobat, Remedy, COSIMA, Citrix, HEAT, HelpDesk Touchpaper Internet Edition, SCOM, SolarWinds, Uptrends, Splunk, Raritan, ServiceNow
Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP