O P E R AT I O N A L M A N A G E M E N T G E N E R A L M A N A G E R C U S TOM E R S E R V I C E. S T R AT E G I S T F O O D A N D B E V E R A G E S P E C I A L I S T Proﬁle
I am a highly competent, ambitious, proactive and self-starter individual with a proven track record of working in a Managerial level. I have 10+ years of extensive experience and background in operational management, strategising, developing and leading teams in the hospitality Industry. I am always open to learning more, I enjoy overcoming challenges, and I have a genuine interest in Business Management and helping organizations to reach their full potential. Employment History
General Manager, Calisto's, Durban
DECEMBER 2 0 1 8 — DECEMBER 2 0 1 9
• Supervised and directed a team of 42 including 4 shift Managers to ensure smooth operation of the restaurant.
• Signi cantly reduced waste and maximized pro t by being involved in portion control and plating which directly gave the company a steady6GP of %25 from a W45 GP prior to my involvement.
• Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
• Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are led and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
• qork with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
• Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
• qorked with operational leaders to improve audit compliance scores from poor to excellent by doing daily, weekly and monthly audits such as food Huality, health and safety and 3ygiene.
• Ensure all customers have a great dining experience by identifying their needs, providing excellent customer service, preparing orders, and effectively dealing with suggestions, needs and complaints and most importantly to get customer to come back through being consistent with meals and ef cient service times.
• Positively transformed the store culture by hiring, coaching, and mentoring the employees to promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
• Prioritized the training and development of all staff members to ensure delivery of Huality service and uphold service standards.
• Maintained a steady payroll percentage of 205 by managing the process and identifying any misuse of the clock ins for hourly paid employees. General Manager / Function & Events, Moyo @ The Pier, Durban DECEMBER 2 0 1 W — OCTOBER 2 0 1 8
• Supervised and directed a team of %4 including % shift Managers to ensure smooth operation of both the Pier restaurant and Main venue. Details
42 Cresta Road, Boksburg,
GP, 1459, South Africa
DRIVING L I CENSE
DATE OF B I RT3
2% October 1984
Ability to qork Under Pressure
Flexibility and Adaptability
Ability to qork in a Team
Good organisational skills
Complex Problem Solving
3uman Resource Management
Micros Point Of Sale
Gaap Point Of Sale
Contact : 063-***-****
• Set operating goals and objectives.
• Responsible for 3R, recruitment, training and management of staff performance in accordance with established standards and procedures.
• Co-ordinate restaurant operations during each shift, monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards in kitchen and restaurant.
• Ensure compliance with restaurant security procedures and ensure alcohol regulations are adhered to.
• Interact with customers.
• Oversee preparation of food and beverage items, ensure adherence to set recipes and Huality of food and beverage presentation.
• Observe size of food portions and preparation Huantities to minimize waste by being involved in the kitchen at peak times.
• Interact with customers to ensure all inHuiries and complaints are handled promptly.
• Reconciliation of receipts with sales.
• Ensure cash management procedures are completed accurately.
• Analyze budget variances and take corrective actions
• Plan and monitor restaurant sales and revenue.
• Organize, plan, implement and supervise marketing and promotional activities.
• Prepare and analyze management and business reports.
• Check and order supplies of non-food items.
• Identify and estimate food and beverage supply reHuirements and place orders with suppliers.
• Negotiate purchase prices and develop preferred suppliers.
• Schedule food and beverage deliveries.
• Check Huality of deliveries and documentation.
• Arrange for maintenance and repairs of eHuipment and services.
• Negotiating sponsorship deals, handling logistics and Developing event feedback surveys.
• Obtaining permits.
• 3andling post-event reports.
Bar & Assistant F&B Manager, Blue Waters Hotel, Durban MARC3 2 0 1 W — DECEMBER 2 0 1 W
• Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liHuor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
• Responsible for 3R, 3iring, training creating effective schedule for staff to provide excellent service to customers
• Setting and enforcing Huality and safety controls.
• Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
• Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
• Managed all FKB and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
• Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
• Design exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements
• Identify customers needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
• Lead FKB team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
3ealth K Safety
• Establish targets, ’PI(s, schedules, policies and procedures
• Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
• Report on management regarding sales results and productivity Club & Restaurant Manager, Keys On Florida, Durban
&ANUARJ 2 0 1 4 — MARC3 2 0 1 W
• Recruiting, training, and scheduling staff
• Ensuring all health and safety standards are met
• Supervising cash )ow and handling bank-related duties
• Overseeing the day-to-day operation of6the nightclub
• Managing food and beverage inventory and sales
• Booking entertainment
• 3andling customer concerns and complaints
• Bookkeeping and managing payroll
Restaurant Manager, Mustang Grill, Welkom
F E BRUARJ 2 0 0 8 — OCTOBER 2 0 1 7
• Coordinate daily Front of the 3ouse and Back of the 3ouse restaurant operations to deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction.
• Respond ef ciently and accurately to customer complaints.
• Regularly review product Huality and research new vendors.
• Organize and supervise shifts.
• Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products.
• Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste.
• Responsible for weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses.
• Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events.
• Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations.
Guest House Assistant Manager, Hide Place Lodge, Bloemfontein MAJ 2 0 0 % — AUGUST 2 0 0 /
• Provide upscale guest service experiences for clients throughout their stay.
• Ensure clients are properly greeted upon their arrival.
• Monitor daily bookings and ensure assigned rooms are prepared prior to check-in.
• Oversee check-in and check-out procedures, including reservations and nancial transactions.
• Promptly address guests reHuests, actively listen to and resolve complaints.
• Ensure special guests, like disabled, elderly, children and VIPs, receive personalized services.
• Coordinate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up to ensure we resolve customer concerns.
• Inform clients of our services, including breakfast and dining options.
• Promote all Guest 3ouse amenities, conveniences and programs offered.
• Manage guest relations team Lincluding Receptionists and ConciergesM to ensure we comply with all standards and operating procedures.
• Appraise team(s performance and produce regular reports.
• Liaise with 3ousekeeping and service staff to provide an overall comfortable guest experience.
• Examine daily duties, assign tasks and check on progress.
• Analyze customer feedback from hotel guestbook and online reviews and suggest ways to improve ratings.
• Recommend local tourist spots, including places to dine, shop and sight see.
• Establish friendly relationships with regular guests. Shop Assistant Manager, Gemini Scrap Metal / Watkey Diner, Bloemfontein MARC3 2 0 0 2 — F E BRUARJ 2 0 0 %
• Opening and Closing Procedures6
• Ordering and maintaining Huality of food and service
• Performed various administrative duties such as ling, typing, and copying.
• Managed orders, supervised stock, and occasionally altered menus to offer seasonal and customer-pleasing items.
Grade 12, Intec, Richards Bay Campus
N OV E M B E R 2 0 0 1
Afrikaans, English, Biology, Business Economics, 3istory and Geography. Sports
Tennis and Rugby
Business Administration, Intec, Bloemfontein
& A N U A R J 2 0 0 2 — N OV E M B E R 2 0 0 W
Hospitality Administration/Management, Intec, Bloemfontein
& A N U A R J 2 0 0 % — N OV E M B E R 2 0 0 /