Dr Vilas Gowler
Responsible and passionate doctor
with over 7 years of experience post
MD. I am seeking for a professional
opportunity to acquire practical
knowledge and experience in
anesthesiology and Interventional
neuro monitoring (IONM), Regional
anesthesia and Interventional Pain
REG. NO: 83287 (KMC)
LinkedIn: Dr. Vilas Gowler
ADDRESS: Bengaluru, 560061
1. Astro and night photography
2. Sports: Badminton, Volleyball
1. MBBS from JSS Medical College (2003-2009), Mysore. 2. MD in Anaesthesiology from Goa Medical College, 2011-14
(Gold medal and university topper)
3. FIPM (Fellowship in Pain Management 2015-16)
4. DNB in Anaesthesiology (National Board-2018)
5. DESAIC (Diplomate of the European Society of anesthesia and intensive care – Spain 2021)
1. Consultant in department of Neuro anaesthesiology and Pain management at Brains neuro and spine hospital, Bangalore.
(From October 2017 - Till date)
2. Registrar, Department of anaesthesiology and pain management at Apollo hospital, Jayanagar, Bangalore.
(From: October 2016- May 2017)
3. Fellowship in Interventional Pain management. (1 year fulltime course) at EIPM, Kolkata, India.
(From : October 2015 – September 2016)
4. Senior Resident in department of Anaesthesiology and Pain, ESICMC, Bengaluru, India
(From :August 2015 – October 2015)
5. Senior Resident in department of Anaesthesiology, Goa Medical College, Goa, India (One year service bond)
(From :July 2014 – July 2015)
6. MD in Anaesthesiology from Goa Medical College, Goa, India
(From: June 2011- June 2014)
7. MBBS from JSS Medical College, Mysore, India
(From: September 2003 – March 2009)
Letter to editor : Pulsed radiofrequency ablation of stellate ganglion for chronic facial pain - IJA ( Vol 64, Issue 12, Dec 2020 )
Review article : Blood conservative strategies during surgery (SSRJ- IJMS (Vol 58, AUG 2018)
Letter to Editor : Avascular necrosis of left hip joint secondary to sickle cell anaemia for hip arthroplasty – Indian journal of anaesthesia (2015-Oct)
Case report: Glycopyrrolate induced respiratory arrest an unusual side effect -Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.(2015-Feb)
Case report: Anaesthetic management of a patient with hereditary spherocytosis for laparoscopic cholecystectomy and splenectomy - Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia (2012) RESEARCH
A Comparative study of dexmedetomidine versus placebo for attenuation of pressor response during laryngoscopy and endotracheal intubation – Case study
A Comparative study of Celiac Plexus block with steroid Versus Splanchnic nerve radiofrequency ablation for chronic upper abdominal pain relief – Case study
Anaesthesiologist as a Pain Physician: Scope and Challenges – A survey PRESENTATIONS
Webinar on Coccydynia (chronic pain management (2020))
Paper presentation at ISSPCON-2016, Indore. Mirror therapy for Phantom limb pain.
(Awarded First prize for this presentation at this national conference)
Paper presentation at ISSP (West Bengal Chapter) 2016 – Interventional management of Sacroiliac Joint Pain.
Presentation at ISACON 2012 - Indore: Patient with Polycythemia Vera for Orthopaedic surgery - Peri anaesthetic Considerations.
Paper Presentation at NCPA 2014 – Goa: Paediatric Anaesthesia. WORKSHOPS
National pain workshop at ISSPCON 2019, Bangalore.
Cadaver workshop at International conference – Budapest, Hungary (Sep 2016)
Comprehensive Interventional Pain Management Workshop - Goa (March 2015)
Fluoroscopy guided chronic pain intervention on cadavers – ISSPCON, Chennai (Feb 2015)
Simulation in Paediatric anaesthesia at NCPA, Goa – (Feb 2014)
Difficult Airway Workshop at ISACON, Indore – (Dec 2012)
USG Guided Regional Anaesthesia, Goa – (March 2012) ACLS & BLS: AHA guidelines from St John’s Medical College, Bangalore