Palm City, FL • 561-***-**** • email@example.com • linkedin.com/in/jdlicera Financial engineering graduate with vast experience on FP&A, asset management, and M&A in the energy industry. Interested in contributing in a fast-paced team. Special consideration to jobs with skilled financial modeling requirements and valuation while managing a team of analysts to perform at a high-level. EDUCATION Master of Science in Mathematical Finance 2013 Boston University – Graduate School of Management Boston, MA GRE: Quant. 790 • Awards: Dean’s Scholarship
Bachelor of Science in Finance – Wealth Management and Financial Services 2011 Coastal Carolina University Conway, SC
Cumulative GPA: 3.92 • Awards: Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List – 2010, and President’s List – 2011 Bachelor of Science in Math Decision Science, Management, and Marketing 2007 Averett University Danville, VA
Cumulative GPA: 3.50 • Awards: Cum Laude, President’s List – 2006, and Dean’s List – 2004, 2005, 2007 EXPERIENCE Principal Financial Analyst - Acquisitions 2020 NextEra Energy Transmission (NEET) Juno Beach, FL
- Pricing and strategy of regulated transmission projects.
- Analysis of strategic capital deployment initiatives at several projects in markets like ERCOT and CAISO. Principal Financial Analyst/Senior Business Manager 2017 NextEra Energy Partners (NEP) Juno Beach, FL
- In charge of the financial strategy at NEP. In charge of looking at the impact to NEE and NEP of new and innovative financings. Analyzed impact on credit metrics, runway, payout ratio, EPS (to NEE), asset needs, and equity needs.
- Have delivered growth at 12-15% by successfully completing acquisitions from NEER and third parties.
- Worked on NEE strategic initiatives that are geared at bringing new businesses to NEE’s portfolio. Quantitative Analyst 2015-2017
NextEra Energy Resources – Power Marketing (PMI) Juno Beach, FL
- Priced full requirements and Origination deals. Conducted analysis on load and price time series deviations to estimate a P50 cost to the company.
- Worked on many high-profile deals needed strategies and/or forecasts around capacity, transmission, ancillaries, and seasonal factors.
- Built a model to mitigate the price risk of tail-events happening. Worked on load following costs template, concepts, and models, which were used for ad-hoc analysis.
- Worked on NEPOOL Ancillary markets. Improved the forecasting models and presentations. Business Analyst 2014-2015
NextEra Energy Resources – Business Management Juno Beach, FL
- Worked with pricing components while enhancing reporting processes (forecasting, monthly reports, financings).
- Managed wind assets in ERCOT and brought a new project online in SPP.
- Worked through NEP strategies for more than 30 assets. Involved in the categorization and presentation of these assets.
Finance Manager 2007-2010
Pavilack Industries Myrtle Beach, SC
- Managed business verticals for finance, mortgage, insurance, real estate, collections, and law. Resulted in 50% growth on real estate assets throughout major cities in the East Coast. SKILLS - Computer Languages: R • C++ • S-Plus • VBA • LaTeX
- Trading Platforms: Bloomberg certified • Charles River IMS Blotter: Equity and Allocation
- Languages: English • Spanish • Portuguese
LEADERSHIP - Student Government Association (SGA): Averett (2006-2007)
- Memberships: Pi Mu Epsilon and Beta Gamma Sigma
- International FMA: VP (2011) and Treasurer (2010)
- Coastal Carolina’s Investment Club: Founder and President (2011) INTERESTS - Sports: Tennis, soccer, racquetball, American football, and swimming
- Extra-curricular activities: Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) volunteer since 2012-2013
- Pets: German Shepherd and Pomeranian