James Chy Cruz, PMP
An IT Project Manager with vast exposure across different industries, with work experiences in different Multinational Corporations and cultural environment. Is an PMP and ITIL certified and have undergone training with Agile Project Management methodologies. The last eight years of my career have been spent on being a Project Manager and is responsible to roll out simultaneous projects across different industries and sectors. Major competencies include.
- Project Management
- Agile Project Management
- Change Management
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Application Support and Production support on Enterprise environment. Professional Experience
October 2012 – Present
Ricoh Singapore Pte Ltd
Job Role: Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for rolling out but not limited to deployment of Ricoh products, services and solutions to Ricoh customers. The PM must do the Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Closing of cases in order to facilitate smooth and orderly deployment of project cases, to achieve this, the PM must coordinate with but not limited to internal and external stakeholders. The PM also ensures proper hand over to support teams after project completion. Project deployments are usually done in conjunction with multiple on- going cases in different degrees of completion. Time and resource management are the essential skills needed to achieve this.
IT Technical Consultant II
June 2010 – July 2012
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services
Job Role: Change Owner
Act as Change Owner to provide single point of contact for the customer to ensure all requests and customer requirements are delivered on time. The changes to the system follows the ITIL process in ensuring that all migrations to PROD are done properly and is well documented. I also provide trainings to L2 and L3 support teams to ensure stability to the system post-migration should there be any problems encountered. Technologies Used
Oracle 10g / 11
Ctrlm batch processing scheduler
Java Web based applications (In-house developed)
Harvest migration system
HP developed ticketing system.
- Analyzes business requirements, coordinate with various technical groups, test and validate, and support enhancements to business solutions
- Implements enhancements/changes following the standard change and release management processes
- Obtains sign-offs from business, service level managers, application experts, and support groups
- Ensures application support readiness
- Updates technical documentations
- Reviews completeness of technical support documentation
- Ensures that change is effectively handed over to support teams
- Maintains communication with appropriate change stakeholders regarding the change status and implementation schedule.
IT Specialist for SAP
December 2009 – June 2010
IBM Solutions Delivery (a subsidiary of IBM Philippines) Job Role:
Assigned to Deutsche Knowledge Services Pte Ltd. with SAP Service Desk team. We are using the FICO module in SAP with ABAP and BW tasks. Primary responsibility is to monitor batch jobs in SAP productions servers. Our team is the first and second level support creating tickets for proper documentation and issue tracking. We ensure timely completions of jobs, updating and creating SAP and MAESTRO jobs. I also perform ADHOC requests such as uploading and downloading of files, creation and modifying SAP jobs etc. IT Specialist for Unix, SAS and Oracle
November 2007 – November 2009
Deutsche Knowledge Services Pte Ltd. (a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank) Job Role: Production Support
Part of the Run the Bank team of dbArtos which are responsible for the generation of Business and Credit Risk reports and Regulatory reports. These reports are generated by using Oracle and SAS programs running on Unix platform. These reports are then sent to users via Microstrategy reporting technologies. Part of my daily task is to
- Provide SL1/2 level support of aborted processes. These are Oracle/SAS/Unix/Frontend issues. Make sure that there is minimal downtime possible.
- Incident management and documentation of the issues encountered.
- Provide SL1/2 level support for long running processes. Do the initial investigation.
- Do Unix requests such as copy, transfer, modify permissions of files.
- Do space management analysis for the processes to have enough disk space.
- Do basic Oracle queries and table manipulation.
- Make sure that Frontend applications are properly running.
- Setup Production and UAT environments for ME Production and UAT runs. 3
Project Management Professional
PMP No: 1798428
Date: 19 March 2015
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate
Serial no: 100308645
Date: Sep. 7, 2011
Skills and Capabilities
- Linux Administration
- Linux installation and configuration of servers and services
- Unix ( HP UX, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris)
- Windows 2000/2003 Domain administration
- Windows 2000/2003 server installation of Active Directory and services
- Desktop / Laptop PC Hardware troubleshooting, assembly, support
- Microsoft Office Applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, MS Outlook, MS Project, MS Visio)
- Installation of Local Area Networks
- SQL Querie
- Harvest migration system
Trainings / Seminars Attended
September 20, 2020 Setting Up a PMO
September 12, 2020 Become an Agile Project Manager LinkedIn Learning
June 21 – July 19 2014 Project Management Professional New Horizons Computer Learning Center of Singapore Singapore
August 15 – 18 2012 ITIL v3 Foundations
HP Enterprise Services
Taguig City, Philippines
July 23 – 25 2010 Basic SQL
HP Enterprise Services
Makati City, Philippines
2003 – 2007 University of Cebu, ICTC, Banilad Cebu City Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Graduated March 2007
Character references and other information are available upon request.