Beacon, NY *****
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT WAREHOUSE / DISTRIBUTION
Streamlined Operations Reduced Costs Optimized Productivity / Efficiency High energy, accomplished leader with solid history of training and driving motivated teams to achieve optimal performance levels in demanding, time-sensitive atmospheres. Expertise in achieving elevated levels of productivity and efficiency by applying systems and methodologies including Six Sigma, Lean, 5S, AIMS, B.O., WMS, JDE, SAP R/3, and WIL. Hands-on team player who leads by example and ensures high staff performance via training and mentoring. Demonstrated ability to oversee all daily functions while concurrently managing large projects. Adept at coordinating finances while holding full P&L responsibility. Dedicated to contributing to both short- and long-term organizational objectives. Work Experience
Operations Manager, Combo
Liberty Coca-Cola - New Windsor, NY
February 2018 to Present
• Manage the whole operation (warehouse, distribution, full service, merchandising, fleet) to ensure safe, efficient and timely deliveries to the customer by using streamline processes and lean six sigma methodologies.
• I have 11 supervisors over 5 departments, and constantly working on changing the culture to be safe at all times, build a team environment, always be OSHA compliant, and always be Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant all while having fun reaching or exceeding our monthly KPI metrics.
• Improved OSHA and GMP scores each audit for the past year with the goal to be 100% compliant.
• Direct monthly safety meetings with the team to make sure we are staying safety focused to prevent injuries and lost time.
• Structured with policies and procedures, and hold individuals accountable for not following the procedures within the company guidelines.
• Hold weekly or bi-weekly staff meetings to go over the KPI’s to keep the team informed on our progress. Transparent with no surprises.
Business Manager II
COCA-COLA - Elmsford, NY
February 2017 to February 2018
• Manage payroll for the facility to include time keeping and commission via SAP system.
• Oversee route settlement and the financial daily deposit.
• Work with all departments to ensure proper procedures are being followed.
• Manage the monthly facility bills and payments via use of company credit card.
• Support all departments with ordering supplies and equipment. Distribution Supervisor
Liberty Coca-Cola - New Windsor, NY
March 2015 to February 2017
• Managed 32 union drivers and the distribution center that unloads, stocks the product, pick, and check daily orders to be delivered to customers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Store visits are made to engage with the customers, and partner on how service can be enhanced.
• Worked closely with Account Managers and District Sales Managers to ensure great customer service.
• Ensured DOT compliance including Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) and 12hr Grid logs.
• Power Industrial Vehicle (PIV) trainer. Trained and kept logs of distributions PIV licensing.
• Managed all rental equipment to ensure proper customer service and maintain rental budget. Operations Supervisor
GAP, INC - Fishkill, NY
August 2006 to February 2015
• Managed the stocking department in a 1.7 million sq.-ft. fully automated facility with 39 miles of conveyor that replenished, coordinated, and communicate with several departments to ensure operational success by providing accurate and timely delivery of product. Also managed the sortation department by use of a highly sophisticated automated sorting and chute system that separates the stores automatically while mentoring and monitoring over 60 associates to meet productivity budgets and pay for performance awards.
• Coordinated and directed outbound loads to over 40% of Company's stores in Northeast, Southeast, and West regions; monitor work schedules, flow, productivity, and quality while ensuring environmental safety.
• Increased throughput and efficiency by 8% in production by applying Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to effectively re-engineer processes.
• Optimized and streamlined operations via 5S, Kaizen event, Yard Smart (YMS) Digital Logistics (DLX), and WMS systems.
• Ensure high performance of 35-65 staff members by providing training, mentoring, and supervision.
• Maintain and manage relationship with contracted carrier to ensure consistent, cost-effective, on- time distribution of product.
• Quickly address many requests from stores to consistently and efficiently fulfill their inventory requirements for optimized sales.
• Perform administrative and management functions including employee reviews, applicant interviews, financial report generation, and housekeeping.
Receiving / Stocking Supervisor
CARDINAL HEALTH - Montgomery, NY
May 2003 to August 2006
• Led management of all inbound loads for a 750,000 sq.-ft fully automated warehouse; monitored and improved productivity and quality levels while promoting safety.
• Improved processes via training in Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen operations methodologies, and saved
$96K in one year by running a Lean Six Sigma event and improved the inbound operation by cutting waste and over time.
• Established and enforced new processes to improve Departmental efficiency / productivity and received 15 extra trucks a week to our average.
• Coordinated Departmental finances with full P&L authority / responsibility.
• Oversaw work schedules, putaway / pick assignments, and a $20M drug freezer.
• Contacted and managed vendors and carriers for a controlled flow of work to better manage the business.
• Motivated and provided leadership to 32 employees; interviewed applicants and conducted semiannual / annual performance reviews.
• Solved problems via AIMS, WIL, SAP R/3, and JD Edwards systems, and ran history and production reports in ACCESS.
Route Planning Coordinator
Cardinal Health - Montgomery, NY
May 2001 to May 2003
• Compiled customer orders and created / assigned routes for optimized distribution and delivery of product; collaborated with Distribution Department to coordinate work flow.
• Led projects that streamlined and expedited delivery routes.
• Ensured customer confidence by contacting messenger services and monitoring deliveries on rush orders.
• Received calls from Order Service Rep's, Customer Service Rep's, and Field Service Rep's for critical orders; expedited the orders by systematically injecting them urgently in the operation and followed through until completion.
Team Lead - Shipping & Receiving
Cardinal Health - Montgomery, NY
February 1998 to May 2001
• Distributed work assignments to team of 30 shippers and 17 receivers; provided mentoring by answering questions and resolving issues while streamlining work flow and ensuring quality.
• Continuously promoted atmosphere of safety; routinely inspected warehouse machinery and loading dock; never had an OSHA recordable accident.
Quality Inventory Control
March 1995 to February 1998
• Monitored the inventory and created inventory reports to achieve more accurate inventory levels to prevent back orders.
• Played key role as point-of-contact for system problems and failures and helped get the operation back online quickly.
• Created a process flow for emergency coverage of both Inbound and Outbound sections of department; quick outlined solutions for non-trained personnel to keep the operation moving; this was used a few months later when there was unexpectedly no coverage for a few hours.
• Led a task force that provided training to all departments on damaged product; authored and implemented "Damage Poster" procedure manual; reduced the amount of damages by educating what was acceptable for repackaging and what could be used in a lower unit of measure.
• Directly contributed to "expiration report" process that monitored inventory quality on a monthly basis.
Crew Chief Coordinator
ROE MOVERS - Wappingers Falls, NY
February 1991 to March 1994
• Fielded urgent calls from IBM on product shortages and coordinated expedited deliveries to ensure continuity of IBM's manufacturing line.
• Directed and oversaw staff of 20 spanning receiving, stocking, picking, and shipping functions; assigned work, answered questions, and resolved problems. Education
Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology Dutchess Community College - Poughkeepsie, NY
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management
DeVry University - Paramus, NJ
• Six sigma
• Financial management
• Program management
• Inventory Control
• MS Office
• Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Word
• Situational Leadership
Areas of Expertise
Process Re-Engineering Training Program Management Technical Acumen
Six Sigma / Lean / 5S Systems Automation Customer / Vendor Relations
Team Development / Leadership Project Management Inventory Management
Financial Management / P&L Safety Assurance QA / QC