Harjit (Karen) Dhaliwal
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/karen-dhaliwal/28/42a/425 SUMMARY: Highly motivated, well-rounded Payroll Specialist with a strong academic foundation in business as well as 6+ years of experience with Benefits. Customer service oriented with a drive toward targeted objectives, and the capability of performing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Recognized for proficiency in maintaining the integrity and exercising strong decision making, detail oriented.
• Multi-state Payroll Processing • Employee Benefits Administration
• ADP Work Force Now
• Time & Attendance
• Paychex Software
• JD Edwards software
• Microsoft Excel/Word
• Federal/State Government Reporting
• General Ledger & Payroll reporting.
• 401K Administrator/5500 Audits
• Background checks/E-Verify.
• Internal/External Audits
• On Boarding/Off Boarding
• ACA1095C/W2 Year reporting
• Employee Relations
CSI Interfusion Inc
August 2014 - Current
• Process and transmitted payroll for 50-100 employees, in multiple states, semi-monthly basis, employees paid include salary, hourly, bonus and commissioned.
• Input all information for electronic pay methods, tax withholdings, advances, garnishments, other deductions, new state set up and maintain PTO/Sick accruals.
• Process new hires, rehires, terms and transfer of employees, to include employee paperwork, criminal background checks, E-Verify and Workers Comp.
• Ensure accurate compliance by maintaining knowledge in federal, state and local payroll administration laws, and regulations.
• Maintain Child Support Withholdings, National Medical Support order and garnishments.
• Administration to 401K, Cobra, Audits and open enrollment for health insurance benefits.
• Prepared monthly/quarterly/yearly reports for Payroll, L&I, 401K and insurance.
• Identify, recommend and implement process improvements that result in improved efficiency and effectiveness for all parties involved.
• Process employment-based immigration process for non-US Citizen Employees (H1Bs, OPT Stem, EAD, TN and Permanent Residency visa) and work closely with USCIS laws and immigration attorney.
• Yearly Afford Care Act Reporting. (ACA-1095C) and year end W2 processing.
• Accomplishments of Integrated Paychex to ADP system for Payroll, 401K and Time/Attendance system and creating new office policies.
H a r j i t ( K a r e n ) D h a l i w a l P a g e 2 WirelessWerks USA, Inc.
Lead, Payroll & Benefits
September 2013 – June 2014
• Processed and transmitted payroll processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for over 400 employees locally and multi-state using ADP/SAP.
• ADP time sheet and Expense Computation using ADP Time and Attendance.
• Maintained employee records to include processing new employees, rehires, terms, maintaining sick and vacation accruals, ensuring benefits deductions, entering garnishments, and performed employment verifications.
• Managed and processed the company’s benefit plan, open enrollment, cobra enrollments and the retirement plan.
• Processed monthly/quarterly and year end payroll reports, including state reporting.
• Collaborated with Compensation and Benefits to design customized Employee Handbook.
• Verified background checks on new hires before start date.
• Maintained year end W2 processing.
• Maintained the cell phones for all employees using Mobility Central and payment processing expenses.
Concur Technologies, Inc/Robert Half
Payroll Specialist - Contractor
July 2012 - May 2013
• Processed and transmitted payroll for over 2500 employees, in multiple states, on a bi-weekly and semi-monthly basis. Employees paid include salary, hourly and commissions.
• Maintained hourly timecards on ADP-EZ Labor for time and attendance.
• Maintained new hires, rehires, terminations, W-4s, bonus, commissions, salary changes and set up new states.
• Worked closely with HR regarding benefits and deductions.
• Oversaw semi-monthly garnishments and manual checks.
• Integrated ADP PCPW to ADP PayForce system for Payroll.
• Yearly End processing of W2s.
Eagle Home Mortgage, LLC
November 1998 - July 2011
• Managed the payroll processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for 800 employees locally and multi-state.
• Integrated the implementation of the auto download system conversion from manual entry for the payroll process.
• Payroll production included processing new hire, rehires, transfers, terminations, W-4s, direct deposit and time sheets.
• Reconciled G/L journal entries and payroll accounts, after each payroll.
• Processed garnishments and employee verifications, government surveys, worker’s compensation, L & I and EDD requests.
• Registered quarterly and statistical reports.
• Balanced 401K contributions and transmitted reports to administrator.
• Generated out of sequence manual payroll checks and worked closely with Human Resources to expedite payroll deadlines.
• Entrusted with the internal/external 401K/payroll audits.
• Processed year end W-2s.
• Issued Expense Reimbursements for employees via AP.