Nicholas M. Johnston
Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School Presently Remote Master of Business Administration, Concentrating in Finance Current The George Washington University, School of Business Washington, DC Bachelor of Business Administration, Concentrating in International Business 2012-2016 Relevant Coursework: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Statistics, Calculus, International Financial Environment, International Business Finance, Systems Engineering, Business Law, Operations and Strategic Management.
D.D. LLC - Darien, CT
Head of Business Operations July 2018 - Current
● Balancing liquidity through cash flow forecasting amongst different banking entities, money market accounts, creditors and debt holders while achieving diversification and ensuring proper controls.
● Performing budgeting to actual variance analysis, three-statement analysis, comp analysis and executing the entire company’s financial accounting.
● Establishing and implementing new company wide software solutions for the management of employees and data for more accurate financial analysis and assessment of company financial health.
● Controlling, reporting and filing vital state and federal tax documents to ensure compliance while optimizing deductions and tax positioning.
● Preparation and analysis of balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows in order to provide insights on financial condition, growth, and debt exposure. Enstar Holdings Group - New York, NY
Treasury Analyst July 2017 - July 2018
● Utilization of macros and other advanced excel functions to identify and act on critical relationships in raw financial data, analyzing trends, costs, and revenues, to predict future revenues and balance liquidity.
● Managing corporate, operational, credit and currency risk through the analysis of company-wide bank activity while reporting findings to senior management.
● Monitoring of and mitigation of exchange rate risk through currency swaps, and trading other fx derivatives to support a large volume of international branches and subsidiaries.
● Working closely with our banking relationships to open, close and modify bank accounts based on usage and ongoing streamlining initiatives.
● Consolidating and monitoring of cash and liquidity among numerous different bank accounts and currencies throughout the company’s network of subsidiaries across the globe.
● Spearheading the implementation and construction of a globally unified treasury IT system. Baker McKenzie - New York, NY
Finance Associate April 2017 - July 2017
● Preparation of balance sheets and consolidated financial reports in order to present critical insights, cost savings and projections to upper management.
● Ensuring timeliness, accuracy and compliant business and accounting practices in accordance with SOX and GAAP.
● Reconciliation and continued analysis of escrow accounts, transferring funds according to client and Partner needs.
● Working directly with Partner level and executive level internal clients to manage portfolios of past due accounts as well as upcoming cash flows.
● Creation of weekly cash position documents and communication of liquidity findings with management.
● Developed quantitative and qualitative operational reports and financial forecasting models through extensive market research to communicate tactical objectives and analysis of market risk to senior management. SKILLS
Expert in Excel, PowerPoint, & Microsoft Suite, Bloomberg, Quickbooks, SalesForce, Concur, Coupa, Great Plains.