Marketing Specialist & Content Creator
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Spirit Tea — Director of Marketing & Communications Chicago, IL October 2018 - present
• Develop marketing strategy for new and existing products, defining them clearly from a functional perspective that aligns with the company's ethos.
• Develop communications plan for wholesale partners and retail customer base.
• Manage Instagram, our most accessible social media platform for new customers and communication.
• Write informative blog posts ranging in a variety of topics.
• Photography for social media, website, and products.
• Manage spirittea.co, our Shopify platform, after re-creating a new website in 2019. • Write thoughtful, polite customer service responses through email.
• Create a consistent brand voice across various communication channels, tailoring as necessary.
Youth Guidance — Marketing & Communications Associate Chicago, IL May 2017 - October 2018
• Refresh agency branding by creating original content (photography, videography, copy, graphics) for YG website, social media platforms, and media outreach
• Create and produce collateral templates for program brochures, agency pamphlets, and reports using Adobe InDesign and Canva
• Create internal agency newsletter using MailChimp
• Support HR department's employee hiring practices through Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor ad campaigns; create photo books for internal and external promotions
• Copywrite messages for CEO, executive team, and other agency members as needed
Microsoft Office (Word,
Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
Adobe Suite (Photoshop,
DAM (Digital Asset
Wordpress & Shopify
Nurture Life —Marketing Assistant
Chicago, IL August 2016 - January 2017
• Create and implement marketing strategies for customer nurturing/retention through email, social media campaigns, and blog content on HubSpot (received certification in HubSpot's marketing platform in October 2016)
• Collaborate with SEO, PR, and Facebook advertising agencies to develop strong, thoughtful branding campaigns
• Project management with external vendors relating to office needs, SEO, PR, and Facebook advertising campaigns
• Provide original content and copyedit all and any marketing-related content
• Produce original photography for social media and blog website Metropolitan Water Reclamation District —Public Affairs Intern
Chicago, IL May 2016 - December 2016
• Photographer for events, board portraits, and public works development
• Processed, indexed, captioned, and retouched photos for press releases
• Worked on a DAM project for private/public use scanning MWRD’s glass plate negatives from early 20th century, transcribing workers’ field notes, and organizing TIFF files per MWRD guidelines
Loyola University Chicago — M.C., Digital Media
Chicago, IL August 2014 - May 2016
Loyola University of Chicago — B.A., English & Creative Writing
Chicago, IL August 2009 - May 2013
Marketing and Communications Director, University of Illinois Chicago Email: email@example.com
Years known: 4
Relation: Supervisor, Youth Guidance
Chair of Information Technology,Youth Guidance
Years known: 4
Relation: Coworker, Youth Guidance
Professional in Residence—Journalism and New Media, Loyola University Chicago Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Years known: 11
Relation: Professor in undergrad and graduate studies ( Journalism, New Media, and Communications)