Robert V. Mira
Experienced Flavor Technologist looking to get back into a laboratory environment. Effective communicator with beverage expertise in formulations and emulsions. Motivated, computer savvy and customer focused.
2018 – Present Casual Male/ DXL Assistant Store Manager 2017-2018 Mattress Firm – Showroom Manager
2013-2016 T. Hasegawa USA - Lead Beverage Application Technologist
• Developed Beverage systems and formulations to assist Regional Customers with limited technical capabilities.
• Created formulation to meet specific nutritional needs in addition to organoleptic standards.
• Designed Beverage system with complete nutritional profile to meet FDA standards and customer requirements.
• Lead Emulsion implementation team to expand corporate flavor library portfolio.
• Designed promotional presentations to best demonstrate flavor tool kits and proprietary materials as introductory presentation. 2012-2013 Independent Benefits Consultant - NJ State Life and Health Producers License
Contracted with Major Indemnity Provider.
• Create a new book of business through cold canvas, warm market.
• Networking. Presentations to Business Owners with strategies to bolster benefit packages and programs.
• Educate employees of options and terms of benefit packages being provide through staff meetings and one on one consultations. 2001-2012 Firmenich North America – Senior Food Technologist
• Zone North America Beverages Universal and Super Collection Applications Coordinator; Partner with Flavor Creations to develop a living Applications Library.
• Beverage Applications Category Manager: Functional Beverages and Juice & Nectar; Coordinate with Marketing Managers and Account Managers to develop business segment for each coming year.
• Emulsion Creation Lead Technologist: Create New Emulsion formulae, Source and test new raw materials. Organoleptic QC of first time makes from Production. Mentor and train junior staff in emulsion technology.
• Application Lead for Global Isotonic Industry: Work closely with Account Manager to build strong relationship with Product Development Teams and Brand Managers to successful completion of proactive and reactive briefs.
• Winning Launches in Isotonic Beverage, Juice Categories, CSD’s, RTD Tea. 1998-2001 Hagelin Flavors & Fragrance – Lead Flavor Technologist
Create, Develop Beverage systems to demonstrate flavor systems that both meet customer expectations and showcase capabilities
Introduced Emulsion Technology; Procure equipment and Raw Materials create SOP’s and implantation of protocols.
Application Lead of Sales Team that combined Marketing and Sales to introduce the company to new customers.
Create targeted presentations
Customize applications to meet customer’s requirements
Prepare multi-media demonstrations
Review Flavor Blends and suggestion adjustments to reduce need for Flavor Chemist review to allow Creative group to focus on new Formulae.
QC Flavor Production utilizing Density, Refractive Index, Flashpoint and Organoleptic Tasting
1992-1998 Dragoco Flavors & Fragrance – Senior Flavor Chemist Assistant
Daily Flavor Compounding to create new formulae to meet customer requirements
Physical testing of bases and finished flavors for specification (Density, Flashpoint, Refractive Index).
Trained in Emulsion creation and preparation
Brookdale Community College: Worked towards Liberal Arts Degree 1992-Present - Various Professional Development Seminars