Ozuoba, Rivers State
Resilient, resourceful and highly innovative QHSE Officer with Almost 3 years worth of experience as a Powerplant Maintenance Intern, in the Oil and Gas industry, and HSE and Engineering supervisor in the Maritime industry looking for an opportunity to add value in a healthy work environment.
With an MBa in view, Sogbeye combines a first degree in Mechanical engineering with Lean and Six Sigma Green Belt, and expertise in Safety supervision, HSE Management, sound knowledge of Microsoft office tools, especially MS Excel, and a knack for content creation, in enforcing the Organization's HSE policy, thereby significantly reducing loss time due to injury.
• Security Management • Organizational skills • HSE management
• Critical thinking • Report writing • Problem-solving.
• Supervisory skills • Interpersonal skills • AUTOCAD
• Microsoft Office. • Risk Assessment
Hydro Roles Nigeria Limited. December 2019- Present
QHSE/ Engineering Supervisor
A hydraulic engineering Contracting Company
The job role entails but is not limited to;
Supervision of Automotive and Mobile Harbour crane mechanical and electrical technicians, and Welders at A. P. Moeller Terminal Apapa, ensuring compliance to safety standards and efficiency in job delivery.
Supervision of Leased Equipment, Preventive and Corrective Maintenance scheduling and execution, documentation of days of usage; ensuring maximum availability.
Promoting and developing positive and proactive safety culture.
Communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
Supervise the development of OHS policies and programs
Give Advise and instruction on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
• Reduced complaints and queries from APM Terminals on Contract staff punctuality and performance by 80%.
• Successfully Drafted Quarterly Contractor Performance Assessment, Method Statement, Equipment Lease Agreement and Contactor Employment letter Templates.
• Led Negotiations for a Medical retainership agreement with Sacred Heart Clinic, Apapa for Members of Staff.
Port Harcourt Refining Company (PHRC), Alesa-Eleme. July 2017- December 2017
Power Plant Mechanical Maintenance Personnel
A Petroleum refining company
The job role entailed but was not limited to;
Preventive and Corrective Maintenance and troubleshooting of centrifugal Pumps
Preventive and Corrective Maintenance and troubleshooting of Valve
Preventive and Corrective Maintenance and troubleshooting of Compressors
University of Port Harcourt (2018)
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
Second Class Honours
KEY PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
Six Sigma Academy Amsterdam (2021)
Certified Six Sigma Green belt +MS Excel application
International Health and Safety Academy (2020)
• Manual Handling Operations Awareness Course
• The COSHH Risk Assessor Certification
National Institute of Information Technology, Port Harcourt (2016)
Onshore and Offshore Safety Institute, Nigeria. (2019)
• Health, Safety & Environment Competence Development Certificate Course Level 1
• Health, Safety & Environment Competence Development Certificate Course Level 2
• Health, Safety & Environment Competence Development Certificate Course Level 3
Corporate finance Institute, Canada (2019)
• Microsoft excel course
Workforce Academy Partnership Alison (2020)
• Supervising Others
S. M. Waqas Imam Alison (2020)
• ISO 4500: 2018
Principles of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Available upon request