AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Network Services Support and
Microsoft Products SQL
Email Address: email@example.com
Address: 4239 Cypress Glades Lane, Orlando, FL, 32824 PERSONAL SUMMARY
A highly competent and organized systems administrator with Proven experience in Microsoft Windows Server Platforms as Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Window 2008, SQL 2008 Servers, installation, administration & compatibility. Possessing a proven ability to assist with the day-to-day running of an IT department and its business IT systems. Extensive knowledge of monitoring and controlling data security within guidelines to ensure compliance and report on possible improvements.
Effective communicator with proven ability to build strong working relationships. My principal condition as an IT professional is that I enjoy challenges and I love to contribute with new ideas in order to improve Business performance. Looking for a suitable IT position with an exciting, innovative and ambitious company that offers room for progression.
SCENARIO COCKRAM - COMTEQ PLUS, LLC
IT Systems Administrator 07/11/2017 - Current
I worked as contractor for ComteqPlus to provide support to Cockram Scenario Orlando office. On December 2017 I was enrolled as direct hire by the company as IT System Administrator
I am responsible for provide IT Support for Scenario employees. Responsibilities consist heavily of technical troubleshooting and resolution of end user computer hardware and software issues. Also I must be able to communicate effectively with his / her user base and colleagues, work in an extremely fast paced, dynamic startup environment, handle multiple support issues at a time, and follow through on all tickets and projects while maintaining a positive attitude, professionalism and a high level of customer service. Responsibilities:
• Support all computer, VoIP phone, and networking functions at Orlando Cockram Scenario facilities.
• Provide hands-on support to users.
• Maintain PC’s & peripherals including printers, scanners, etc.
• Prepare hardware, software, back-office, and networking configuration for new users.
• Manage wired and wireless networks
• Minor PC repair and parts ordering
• Troubleshoot PC and network issues
• Record, track and document issues and their resolutions including initial problem, successful and unsuccessful decisions made, actions taken and final resolution.
• Active Directory Domain Administrator Manage and maintain: Sites and Services, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy Objects, Computer / User Objects, LDAP, Authentication protocols, AD Permission delegation using the least privilege methodology, Dynamic / Static AD groups, as well as other Domain services in accordance with MS best practices and compliance requirements.
• Experience working with NTFS permissions and DFS name spaces for file sharing.
• Experience with Current versions of Windows (e.g. Server 2012, 2016, Windows 10 Pro), also in a virtualize environment.
• Experience with designing and managing Hyper-V Host
• Provide remote support as needed.
• Assist other team in the external offices like San Fernando CA, Manila, Hong Kong.
• Knowledge of and successful participation in an Enterprise wide monitoring solution with a focus on root cause analysis and incident resolution.
• Keeping up to date documentation on installation and configuration procedures through IT Glue cloud platform.
• Provide support Office 365, users and licensing management.
• Deployment and support MFA from Microsoft Azure platform
• Deployment MSP cloud solution for PSA (Ticket System) and RMM (Remote support) using Datto Cloud service provider.
• Provide Backup support from Datto NAS appliances and Veeam Backup software. DEPARTMENT OF STATE – U.S. BOGOTA, COLOMBIA EMBASSY COMPUTER MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST July 1995 – Feb 2017 The Computer Management Specialist (CMS) is in charge of planning, design and management of Information Technology (IT) for the Department of State (DoS) OpenNet Plus, Dedicated Internet Network (DIN) and Data Processing Centers (DPC) at four physically co-located Embassy annex buildings and three
(3) remote locations within Bogota. The CMS coordinates with the Information Systems Officer (ISO) for design, installation, operation, maintenance, repair, analysis and planning all IT network hardware/platforms. Also, is responsible for all computer, data processing, related development or evaluation aspects of DoS IT local area networks (LANs) and software application maintenance and development projects.
Acting as technical lead to identify and implement solutions to problems affecting IT services. Duties:
• Installation and maintenance of Windows 2008 Servers.
• Producing documentation on operational, system and user procedures & guidelines.
• Building, configuration and troubleshooting of server and desktop hardware and software.
• Providing advice on selection and purchase of IT equipment.
• Maintaining maximum availability of supported services for users. Obtaining quotes for supply of goods and services from suppliers.
• Designing, implementing and managing Active Directory, GPO and Exchange 2010. William Rodriguez
• Responsible for disaster recovery, closing security loopholes and access levels.
• Managing Microsoft Exchange Server and Mail Clients profile
• Ensure adequate antivirus protection & solutions are maintained and updated.
• Monitoring VMware console
Programing applications on the basis of specific office/customer specifications and system architecture like Visual Basic, MS Access GUI as Front End and SQL Database as Back End.
WINDOWS NT LAN NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR March 1993 – July 1995
Responsible for Installation, configuration and support of Windows NT 3.51Domain Network environment. Also, setup and support for WFWG (Windows for Work group) 3.11clients. Management of File sharing access permissions, network printer and mail client profiles using NetBIOS as network protocol. Responsible in the NT accounts creation to authenticate domain credentials. Perform backup of the data through Windows NT Backup tool.
Programmer February 1992 – February 1993
Analysis, Design and production of Invoicing application. The application lets create invoices you can print directly to clients, save the clients info into a text file for the vendors use it as database, the application calculate the items purchased plus the QTY and taxes creating an invoice for the payment process. The application was developed in Pascal programming language.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge & understanding of backup technologies & disaster recovery methods as UltraBack and SAN storage technology.
• Experience of using System Administration tools such as SMS, PAT Tool, Power Shell.
• Good understanding of: Server Hardware Technology, Exchange, SQL, LANs, WANs.
• Experience in monitoring VMware infrastructure
• Experience of: SQL Database design entity-relation model, VB MS Access programing.
• Experience in the installation and Support of Windows 2008 and 2012 Windows Cluster services
• Full experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting of Windows 2003, 2008 domain environment, which include Terminal Services, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, File Server, Group Management Policy features and roles.
• Experience in installation and support of Microsoft SQL 2005 and 2008 Database Server
Knowledge and understanding switching and routing Cisco network devices L2 and L3.
Politecnico Gran Colombiano University
Systems Engineer – 1997
IT Certificates and Training
• CCNA Routing & Switching
CCTI - Feb13 – April 4, 2017
• Core solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 IT Talent Nov, 2016
• Administering Windows Server 2012
IT Talent Oct, 2016
• Supervisory and Management Skills Workshop
Foreign Services Institute – Nov, 2013
VMWare local provider – Nov, 2013
• Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Foreign Services Institute – June, 2013
• Information Assurance for Systems Administrators Diplomatic Security Training Center – July, 2011
• Network+ Path
Foreign Services Institute – August, 2008
• Managing an d Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
New Horizons – April 2006
• A+ Certified
CompTIA – July, 2003
• Implementing, and Administering a Microsoft Windows Server 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure.
New Horizons - October, 2002
• Implementing, and Administering a Microsoft Windows Server 2000 Network infrastructure.
New Horizons - September, 2002
• Installing, Configuring and Administering a Microsoft Windows Server 2000
New Horizons - July, 2002
• Installing, Configuring and Administering a Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
New Horizons - June, 2002