firstname.lastname@example.org • linkedin.com/in/thomas-edinger8 Highly motivated and adaptable military veteran with the ability to multi-task and problem-solve. Possesses extensive knowledge in Microsoft and Linux Command Line Interface, Nessus, Wireshark, Metasploit, and Nmap. The objective is to bring the experience from the Army combined with newly gained experience in Cybersecurity to further enhance the organization as a Cyber Security Engineer. Certifications
• CompTIA Security+
• CompTIA Network+
• CompTIA Pentest+
• Linux Administration • TCP/IP Networking • System Troubleshooting
• Hardware Installation • Ethical Hacking • Vulnerability Assessment
• Network Firewalls • SQL • Metasploit
• Wireshark • XSS • Nessus
Divergence Academy, Addison, TX
Cybersecurity Professional Penetration Tester Student 10/2020-01/2021
• Operated using Linux to navigate to directories, set up files and permissions, performed Bash/Shell Scripting commands, LS, CP, echo, NANO, CHMOD, etc.
• Proficiently operated and managed networks, software, hardware, routers (wireless), switches, and CAT 6 cables (cut, splice, and crimp).
• Managed the public-key infrastructure, transport encryption, securing applications (virtual and cloud systems), access control, and internal reports.
Newpark Drilling Fluids, Oklahoma City, OK
Mud Engineer 09/2014-04/2020
• Created various combinations of mud to be used during drilling process.
• Recommended drill bits and assisted excavating technicians in over safety of drill process.
• Used predetermined geological data when creating drilling fluids.
• Conducted standardized testing and used a variety of methods to change the viscosity, temperature, pH balance an chemical components of the mud.
U.S. Army, Multiple Locations
• Communicated weekly status reports of ongoing projects through verbal and written presentations to leadership.
• Evaluated subordinate reports, ensuring precise and accurate content.
• Documented and updated standard operating procedures for new employees. Education
Divergence Academy, Addison TX (Online Live Lectures, Hands-on Labs) Cybersecurity Professional Penetration Tester (CPPT), January 2021