Email: email@example.com Cell: 631-***-****
Bachelor of Science – Biology (Pre-Med) with a minor in Chemistry Expected Graduation: 2021 Stony Brook University – Stony Brook, NY 11794
International Baccalaureate Diploma 2016-2018
The Indian Public School – Tamil Nadu, India – 641031 EMPLOYMENT:
Covid-19 Surveillance Testing Pooler August 2020 – Present Student Health Services, Stony Brook University
• Perform saliva testing on commuter students and professional staff at multiple locations throughout campus
• Relied upon to train and mentor 2-3 new students every semester
• Assist users with the technical aspect of the testing site including using the websites, setting up accounts and registering for the test
Resident Assistant August 2019 – Present
Campus Residences, Stony Brook University
• Create community for 250-300 students in the building by planning and holding events and forging connections with residents.
• Promote diversity and inclusion in the residential halls along with the seven domains of wellness.
• Ensure the safety of residents by participating in RA duty rounds, writing reports, enforcing university policies, critical incident management and putting in maintenance orders.
• Create marketing content for quad and building pages on Instagram and Facebook. Student Assistant January 2019 – Present
Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, Stony Brook
• Assist with budgeting and financing to make projections for the following years and curating a budget for each of the departments falling under the division of student affairs.
• Administrative work particularly with the Student Support Team; answering CRISIS phone calls and interacting with students and staff providing detailed, informative customer service to ensure the wellbeing of the community.
Peer Tutor August 2020 – December 2020
Academic Success and Tutoring Centre, Stony Brook University
• Peer tutor for general chemistry (CHE 129 and CHE 131)
• Tutored 5 students individually every week by guiding them to the answers and helping them learn how to solve a problem
Tour Guide September 2018 – August 2020
Office of Admission, Stony Brook University
• Provided detailed, interactive and informative tours of the campus to 30 to 80 prospective students and parents.
• Answered 50+ questions every tour about the campus and the resources in an easy to understand and polite manner.
Founder, Managing Trustee and President of Self Revival, Tamil Nadu, India April 2020 – Present
• Created a non-profit that works towards making mental health care accessible through peer support groups, other outreach events and raising awareness through various social media platforms.
• Lead and work virtually with 25 global volunteers to promote awareness and run marketing campaigns.
• Work with mental health professionals to provide free counselling to our participants, create intervention programs and work on a city-wide crisis response system. EMT-B Volunteer at Port Jefferson Emergency Medical Services, Mt. Sinai, NY August 2019 – Present
• Volunteer for 6-8 hours every week and respond to 911 calls in the Port Jefferson and Mt. Sinai district.
• Write detailed and informative charts for each call. Co-blogger at RiLo (www.rilo.blog ) July 2020 – Present
• Write articles monthly on the various challenges and joys of being a student and managing the multiple roles one plays.
• Design and develop the website to make it engaging, appealing, authentic and easy to use. Teaching Assistant for the Chemistry Department at Stony Brook University, NY August 2019 – May 2019
• Held office hours every week and answer possible questions and concept clarifications for students.
• Guided the students to solve questions on their own by equipping them with test taking skills and strategies. Intern at the Arts Department, Stony Brook University, NY January 2019 – May 2019
• Managed the official Instagram handle and created content for the department.
• Helped organize The Shirley Strum Kenny art festival by running different art booths and marketing campaigns. Teaching Assistant at Kaumaram Prasanthi Academy, Coimbatore, India March 2018 – March 2018
• Assisted 6-7 mentally challenged children (Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and autistic children) learn basic mannerism with love, patience and care.
• Taught advanced students how to use Microsoft.
Founder and Director General of South Indian Model United Nation, Coimbatore, India June 2016 – August 2017
• Overlooked logistical arrangements for 600 students for a 4-day event including accommodation, transportation, stage work, committee assignments, opening ceremony, closing ceremony and more.
• Trained 200 delegates across different cities and oversaw 50 volunteers and members of the organization. HONORS/AWARDS:
• Chairman’s Award – highest distinction award for academic and extracurriculars in my high school from 2014 to 2018.
• Dean’s list since Fall 2018.
• First year student of the year by the National Residence Hall Honorary Wolfpack Chapter.
• Selected as one of six students to participate on a panel to discuss the Covid-19 Pandemic with renowned physician Dr. Deborah Birx of the White House Coronavirus Task Force
• Student representative on the national search for the Assistant Vice President and Dean of Students position within the Division of Student Affairs
Multilingual: Speak and understand five different languages (English, Hindi, Tamil, French, and Spanish) Microsoft: Comfortable with Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Database Certifications: PADI open diving, CPR, EMT-B
Research Assistant at the School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, Stony Brook, NY December 2019 – Present
• Perform experiments at the Nye lab including performing microscopic dissections on blue crab gills, counting ionocytes using ImageJ software.
• Writing my honors thesis on the ionocyte distribution and metabolic data for male and female blue crab gills. Research Assistant at the Department of Neurobiology and Behaviour, Stony Brook, NY April 2019 – July 2019
• Performed various procedures like dissecting, running gels and PCRs on Zebra fishes to understand their genetic composition.
• Attended weekly lab meetings to discuss various papers. Comparison of the quantity of antioxidants in two different families of fruits January 2017 – May 2017
• Conducted research on the quantity of antioxidants present in two families of fruits using DPPH and total phenolic content assay.
• Wrote a 4000-word paper for my Diploma.