ROBERT J. BARRY, JR
**** ****** ****** ***** ******, Maryland 20723 firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced executive with 35 years of progressive and proven ability to lead organizational transformation, tackle organiza- tional challenges, drive aggressive growth strategies, identify and develop talent, and empower informed decision making for both new and mature businesses. Broad operations experience and proven ability to rejuvenate a company by identifying and achieving a company’s true potential and driving top line and bottom-line results through:
• Relationship based, hands on leadership
• Aligning strategy, structure, systems, and people toward value creation
• Building engaging, enthusiastic employee teams
• 100% accountability, 100% of the time
BMCKJ Consulting Group May 2019 - Present
Restaurant & Hospitality Consultant, Board Member
BMCKJ has been working with founders and management groups to create systems and provide support that enables scalable growth. Focus is centered on developing an enduring culture and brand, and solid financial results leading to a liquidity event.
• Proven history of leading consistent, accelerated growth of multi-unit retail/food/service concepts through strategy, exe- cution, communication, cultural alignment, and systems.
• Proven track record of financial and operational turnaround of multiple businesses.
• Demonstrated transformation of multiple businesses through creative strategy supported by consistent, excellent im- plementation.
• Multi-unit operations • Catalyst for change, leadership and innovative problem solver leading to financial and operational improvement.
• Rapid scaling of new concepts • Successful operational, financial and customer service turnarounds Portfolio includes:
RegionAle American Sandwiches and Craft Beer Truvelop HR Solutions The Greene Turtle Sports Bar and Grille Dharma Bar and Energy Drinks Pussers Restaurant Group The Unicorn Group
The Capital Meat Company Pincho Factory
Columbia Treatment Center Lost Ark Distilling Company The Greene Turtle Franchising Corporation 2007 - 2019 Columbia, MD
President / Chief Executive Officer (2012-2019)
Chief Operating Officer (2007 - 2012)
• Increased revenue from $23M to $120M over 10 years; delivering an average annual unit increase of 15%
• Managed the expansion and development of 40 locations in 7 states
• Oversaw operations of 12 company owned/32 franchise/3 founder locations
• Directed the development and management of the franchisor system; includes facilitating compliance and devel- opment of Franchise Development Document (FDD), COOP structure, and NAF budget and performance
• Actively engaged with VP of Business Development on site selection and new market development for new restaurant locations and franchise territories
• Provided leadership to the franchise community by collaborating with owners on brand development, mar- ket development, and operations support opportunities
• Facilitated the development of industry recognized Manager training programs
• Championed and led consolidations of debt reducing interest by as much as 4%
• Led the sale of TGTFC to Stone-Goff partners at 8.4 times multiple EBITDA (2015)
• Led the purchase of TGTFC by JPB Partners at 5.3 times multiple EBITDA (2007)
• Negotiated bridge loans for two successful non-traditional locations prior to the closing of the sale/purchase to JPB Partners
Management Consultant 2004 - 2007
Scope/Summary/Highlights of work:
Akins International Foods - Noblesville, IN
• Managed National Chain Accounts, increasing business by 3 million dollars in 12 months.
• Secured financing for building an additional 30,000 square feet of production space to support North American business growth.
• Facilitated a partnership with a production and distribution facility based in Calais, France which allowed business expansion in the European market.
Pussers Restaurant Group USA - Annapolis, MD
• Provided leadership in financial restructuring from BVI to USA
• Actively involved with Board of Directors on a monthly basis The Greene Turtle Sports Bar & Grille -Edgewater, MD
• Created business plan that recommended opportunities for brand development, market development and franchise and operations development to position next steps of growth
• Developed pitch decks necessary to secure new investors for The Greene Turtle Franchise Corporation expansion efforts
Ms. Desserts/The Great Cookie 1995 – 2004
Chief Executive Officer -- Bakery Express – Ms. Desserts, LLC (2002 – 2004) Chief Executive Officer/President/Owner -- Bakery Resources Group, LLC (1997 –2002) Chief Operating Officer/The Great Cookie (1995-1997)
• Managed national chain accounts growth resulting in sales increase from $6.5M to $20M in 4 years
• Led the negotiations of a union contract that successfully brought benefit control back to the company, saving more than
• Oversaw operations of 17 company owned retail locations W.R. Grace Corporation/Grace Culinary Systems 1985 – 1995 Baltimore, Maryland
• Senior Director of Marketing – Foodservice (1991-1995) Developed marketing strategies to bring sous vide and cook chill products to commercial industry segments; directly responsible for increasing sales volume by $4M in 2 years
• Director of Marketing – Hotel Division (1990-1991)
• Director of Hotel Operations (1988-1990)
• General Manager – Area Director - The American Café (1985 -1988) Marriott Corporation 1980 – 1985
Miami, FL and Washington, DC locations
Florida International University, Miami, Florida
B.S. Restaurant Management (Dean’s List), December 1982 Sullivan Community College, Loch Sheldrake, New York A.A.S. Hotel Management (Dean’s List), December 1980 PROFESSIONAL
Restaurant Association of Maryland
Board of Directors, 2009-2010
Maryland Restaurant Coalition
Value Dry Cleaners of America, LLC (ZIPS),
Board of Directors, 2015-Present
REFERENCES AND SALARY HISTORY / Available upon request