MICHAEL L. PAVLOVSKY, PMP
Cross-Functional Leadership Driving Innovation, Development, and Technical Sales A results-oriented leader combining outstanding product development/formulation and technical expertise with people-focused communications and management skills. Proven success in identifying and establishing new growth and business development opportunities.
PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGEMENT PRODUCT INNOVATION CONSUMER GOODS STATISTICAL ANALYSIS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT PRODUCT LAUNCH PRODUCT COMMERCIALIZATION CONTRACT MANUFACTURING MANAGEMENT DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS (DOE) CHANGE MANAGEMENT PROBLEM-SOLVING
Process Improvement: Developed and implemented in-vitro test methods based on ASTM best practices which reduced materials evaluation and submission time by 50%. Strategic Initiatives: Established benchmarking protocols and performed cost and competitive analyses to identify the strongest selling points for existing and forthcoming products. Product Commercialization: Led development and marketing of 18 concepts, including a color cosmetic product launch that won 28 beauty awards and generated over $120 MM revenue in five years for an overall 40% business growth.
● WO 200-***-**** "Coatings for mammalian nails that include Nano-sized particles"
● WO 201-***-**** “Water Based Color compositions”
Research and Development Manager
REVLON CONSUMER PRODUCTS CORPORATION, Edison, NJ 2016 -2019 Served as a project manager for the consumer nail category with brands including Revlon, Sinful Colors, Pure Ice, and Cutex. Led cross-functional team within R&D, Business Development, Marketing, Packaging, and TPM to identify and obtain new business opportunities, expanding the Revlon nail category by 25%.
● Established business development goals, objectives, or priorities, and created detailed post-project reports analyzing challenges, problems, and process breakdowns for future project implementation.
● Identified, tracked, managed, and resolved project issues, including adapting project schedule and creating timelines for the product launches.
● Developed and implemented over 40 operating procedures and instruction manuals which increased efficiency by 20%.
● Reviewed ad copy, claims, and literature for all nail category products for accuracy and compliance with standards and regulations, in addition to while preparing technical presentations for marketing groups.
● Applied DMAIC and Project Management methodologies to complete projects and achieve targeted benefits.
● Evaluated contract manufacturer submissions and developed strategic directions to create desired products. Michael L. Pavlovsky Page 2
● Performed benchmarking studies analyzing the selling points of Revlon products in comparison to the competition, in collaboration with the global marketing team.
● Identified new technologies, raw materials, and opportunities for portfolio growth.
● Planned in-vivo and in-vitro research tools depending on the development life stage and information needs. COTY, INC, Morris Plains, NJ 2004 - 2016 Senior Scientist Oversaw a five-member technical team managing formulation development and innovation, shade direction, and stability reformulation for all COTY brands. Formulated and piloted new nail polish bases across multiple brands. Launched a total of 18 concepts including lip & nail products, leading to 20% business growth.
● Served as R&D technical liaison for manufacturing/processing engineering, which included troubleshooting formulas, processing technical data, and handling filing requirements.
● Developed Technical Data Sheets, established claim testing, maintained adherence to regulatory requirements and approved TV & packaging artwork.
● Delivered regular project performance status reports detailing project progress, schedule, changes, and deliveries.
● Formulated deliverables at specific price levels and INCI restrictions through collaboration with NPD, Supply Chain Management, and Global Business Planning teams.
● Conducted patent searches and preliminary evaluation of competitor materials. L’Oréal U.S.A. Corporate R&D, Clark, NJ.2001-2004 R&D Chemist
● Expanded L’Oréal’s business presence in Nail Category by identifying novel Raw Materials and Technologies.
● Used creative and technical skills to formulate under tight timelines from conception to launch. EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Master of Science (M.S.) – Chemical Engineering, Moscow Polytechnic University, Moscow, Russia Certification in Project Management, Rutgers School of Business, Camden, NJ Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute Additional professional development and continuing education training including Personal Care Products, Cosmetic Raw Materials, Chemistry & Formulation of Color Cosmetics, Emulsion-Suspension Technology, Leading with Emotional Intelligence, Effective Communication Skills, Microsoft Office/Project/Visio