PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY Doctorate in Physical Therapy with 8 years of experience. Strong background in sub-acute care with an emphasis in orthopedic, neurological and cardiopulmonary plans of care. Motivated and enthusiastic Physical Therapist dedicated to helping patients achieve goals to improve functional independence and overall quality of life. Compassionate and empathetic, known for excellent communication skills, resolving problems, and improving customer satisfaction. WORK HISTORY Physical Therapist (SNF), Assistant DOR Select Rehabilitation - Chicago, IL 08/2015 - 08/2020
● Evaluated and treated a wide range of conditions, including chronic and acute pain, spinal disorders, fractures, joint replacements, amputations, neurological disorders, paralysis, cardiac conditions, pulmonary disorders, cancer, cognitive impairments, and psychological and behavioral disorders.
● Aided patients in adjusting to use of assistive devices such as walkers, crutches, canes, prostheses, and wheelchairs by performing demonstrations, administering manual exercise and providing motivation.
● Administered therapeutic treatments including manual therapy and modalities (E-Stim, Diathermy, Ultrasound) to ease patients' pain and facilitate healing of injuries.
● Performed home assessments for patients to facilitate safe discharge from facility, establish appropriate D/C date, and determine the equipment and assistive devices necessary.
● Collaborated with Orthotists and Prosthetists for fabrication of splints, braces, prostheses, and other adaptive equipment to improve patient's Independence with functional mobility
● Performed wheelchair assessments for patients requiring custom fitted and motorized wheelchairs
● Attended care plan meetings regarding patients’ progress in therapy by communicating with courtesy, compassion and respect to patients, families, caregivers, visitors, physicians, administrators and co-workers. Registry Physical Therapist (SNF) Renewal Rehab - Chicago, IL 04/2018 - CURRENT
Registry Physical Therapist (SNF) Concord Rehab - Chicago, IL 04/2018 - CURRENT
Registry Physical Therapist (SNF) QTC Rehab - Chicago, IL 07/2015 - 09/2017
Staff Physical Therapist (SNF) TriCare Rehab - Chicago, IL 09/2013 - 08/2015
Physical Therapist Next Steps Chicago Rehab Center - Willow Springs, IL 08/2012
● Planned and efficiently supervised operations of staff and patients in a non-profit outpatient clinic dedicated to treating patients with various neurological disorders
● Implemented functional, activity-based, and specific locomotor training techniques for patients with neurological disorders
● Utilized innovative equipment such as Lokomat, FES cycle ergometer, Therastride
● Taught patients how to live within limits of capabilities and celebrated successes.
● Exhibited courtesy, compassion and respect to patients, families, caregivers, visitors, physicians, administrators and co-workers.
● Supervised clinical students and support staff, including certified and licensed assistants, technicians and volunteers.
● Participated in research for the Neurological Recovery Network through affiliation with the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation EDUCATION Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ Doctorate of Physical Therapy: Physical Therapy 05/2012 Bachelor of Science: Exercise Physiology 05/2008
References Available on Request