Los Angeles, CA 832-***-**** email@example.com linkedin.com/in/lamarcus-miller-ph-d-935b69184 Build Strategic Relationships Customer-Focused Solutions Support Company Goals • Align Brand & Strategy Balancing a strong business and musical acumen to address the needs of the artists and the company in a cohesive way. Creative thought-leader and business strategist with six years of experience building and cultivating strategic, long-term partnerships with editorials, record labels, streaming services, and marketing teams. An advocate of using forward- thinking solutions to enhance the artist experience in alignment with branding and organizational goals. Offering a unique perspective, leveraging a background in business, commercial music, commerce, and technology as integral components of the current and emerging music industry.
• Collaborate with entertainment companies in Los Angeles and executive leadership to build compelling sales and marketing campaigns to drive greater visibility for artists and the company brand via digital marketing and media.
• Nurture trust-based partnerships with notable clients and partners in entertainment, media, and sports, including the LA Lakers, LA Clippers, NFL, Universal Music Group, Grammy Network, Paramount Pictures, Amazon Studios, AT&T, and Fox Sports, among others.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Develop & Implement Strategies Artist Experience & Branding Cross-Functional Collaboration Partnership/Relationship Building Brand Image & Awareness Multiple Musical Genres Collaborate on Promotional Campaigns Content Creation & Storytelling Written & Verbal Communications Current & Future Industry Trends Product Market & Media Reports Set & Meet Critical Deadlines PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
LOS ANGELES URBAN LEAGUE Los Angeles, CA May 2020 – Present BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Joined forces with corporate brands to fund business strategy and educational initiatives impacting entertainment careers as well as the entrepreneurship center and workforce development programs. Oversaw strategic partnerships with Amazon Studios, production companies, VFX creations, and entry-level positions in the music industry. Shaped public and community engagement and partner benefits by writing proposals to drive the organizational mission and values.
• Secured $600K+ in grants to support the entrepreneurship center, workforce development and education initiatives.
• Worked with VFX Legion and Amazon Studios to get funding to help creatives attain entertainment careers through training to build skills and to facilitate entry into the union at $15K per trainee with a $750K ROI.
• Key member in securing $3 million + in fiscal year 2020 in grants and partnerships, by leveraging the leagues Centennial year in 2021 to activate new investors; and addressing their social impact goals by funding our workforce development initiatives.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, THORTON SCHOOL OF MUSIC Los Angeles, CA Aug 2017 – May 2020 SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Built relationships with key industry players to boost artist visibility and provided a platform for major events. Developed creative partners to propel attention-getting campaigns and evergreen content. Devised and initiated fresh ideas for an innovative marketing strategy involving the classical and commercial music industries to ensure a comprehensive education for university students. Exhibited extensive expertise with classical and adobe theatre by combining the two genres.
• Increased viewership 32% and month-to-month followers 15% by developing attention-grabbing social media content spanning Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to initiate conversations and spark interest within the targeted audience.
• Partnered with the Los Angeles Philharmonic, LA Opera, Guild of Music Supervisors, Festival of Books and the LA Times to increase the visibility of ~100,000 artists across three years using highly effective campaigns and evergreen content. WEBER SHANDWICK, New York, NY Jun 2016 – Aug 2017
LaMarcus Miller 2
Impacted crucial functions such as business strategies, change management, processes, mission, and value propositions. Shaped internal and global communications strategy, planning, and growth by helping employees understand their role in the company’s success. Partnered with leaders in APAC & EMEA territories while leading a SWOT analysis, brand alignment, and culture of cohesiveness. Architected compelling content from digital platforms and multiple channels. Influenced company mission, core values, and public relations.
• Served as key member in securing $8M+ in new business, including the two largest M&A engagements since the founding of the practice.
• Collaborated with global leads to coordinate internal conferences that focus on creating new business and revenue growth by charting an actionable plan for business and analytics strategies. IMG SPORTS MEDIA, New York, NY Nov 2014 – Nov 2016 MEDIA SALES COORDINATOR
Directed endorsement deals, paid appearances for sports talent, and pitching sports entertainment solutions for the APAC market. Forged and nurtured long-term relationships with accounts and kept executive leaders up-to-date on crucial data. Handled communications and preparation of executive presentations for the SVP of Global Media Distribution. Produced reports for TV network summaries, market trends, and research, plus drive global sales cycles and proposals.
• Spearheaded in-depth market research, pitch development, and delivery of the case showing the benefits of selling the right to Bare Knuckle Boxing to Fox Sports to increase viewership, resulting in a successful acquisition.
• Established and managed relationships with critical accounts such as the NBA, NFL, MLS, NHL, NASCAR, US Open, and USGA, along with co-producing and handling talent logistics for TV shows and sporting events. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
Artistic Director The Masters University Los Angeles, CA 2019 – Present
• Headed artistic development for marketing and promotional collateral Managed a $300K operational budget.
• Recruited and oversaw 60+ staff members spanning music, marketing, and technology for musical events.
• Built trust-based strategic relationships with donors, securing $80K+ in sponsorships for new programs. Instructor of Vocology University of Southern California, Thornton School of Music Los Angeles, CA 2017 – 2020
• Leveraged expertise with vocal training, practice, and therapy for 80+ singer/songwriters per year.
• Created performance practice vocal techniques for sensation-based singing in a group and individual instruction. EDUCATION
Ph.D. in Music Industry & Arts Leadership, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 2020 Master of Music, Manhattan School of Music, New York, NY Bachelor of Music, Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX