Thomas G. Harris
• Strong clinical and interpersonal skills. Quickly establishes rapport with clients and their family members.
• Conducts both informal and formal psycho-educaDonal, recreaDonal, and interpersonal skills development groups.
• Proven ability to assist diverse populaDons while remaining calm under pressure and in emergencies.
CPI - Emergency Response
CPR & First Aid CerDﬁed
HIPAA & Customer Service
Mental Health Technician October 2019 – Present
Carolina Dunes Behavioral Health, Leland, NC 28451 Understands and maintains paDent rights, feedback/complaint procedures, and appropriate reporDng. Delivers superb customer service in-person and over the telephone. Observes and maintains professional awareness and appropriate boundaries. Responds to emergencies and diﬀuses conﬂict using verbal communicaDon skills or CPI.
• Monitors and assists paDents with personal hygiene, social skills, and maintaining individual living space.
• Accompanies paDents to outside medical appointments.
• A\ends and parDcipates in treatment team meeDngs, shi] reporDng, etc.
• Plans and conducts psycho-educaDonal groups. Observes and records group dynamics.
• Maintains conﬁdenDal paDent records and disclosures. Educator & Curriculum Developer May 2019-October 2019 RHA Riverbend, New Bern, NC 28560
Dra]s and prepares curriculum for students. Researches and schedules ﬁeld trips to reinforce the textbook subject ma\er. Delivers periods of instrucDon fostering academic growth. Maintains a safe environment for students to learn.
Mental Health Technician 2017- 2019
Strategic Behavioral Center, Garner, NC 28529
Provided compassionate and collaboraDve paDent-focused care to clients residing in a 112-bed psychiatric residenDal and acute treatment facility. Completed two-week orientaDon to include ﬁrst aid, CPR, and Care and Control. Works a rotaDng shi] on a unit with sexually aggressive clients. 478-***-**** Thomas G. Harris 1
Wri\en & Oral
• Establishes and maintains collaboraDve professional partnerships with physicians, psychiatric nurses, and therapists.
• Conducted both informal and formal psycho-educaDonal, recreaDonal, and interpersonal skills development groups.
• Observed and recorded paDents’ behaviors and interacDons towards prescribed treatment goals.
• Maintained and updated medical records and clinical documentaDons.
• Managed the acDviDes of daily living for the facility.
• Guarded the safety of paDents at all Dmes.
Friendly Care Givers, Morehead City, NC 28557
Experienced caregiver with current CPR and First Aid cerDﬁcaDons. Quickly established rapport with clients and their family members. Strong clinical and interpersonal skills. Provided direct care to clients in a professional and compassionate manner.
• Responsible for the care of paDents, ensuring their emoDonal, nutriDonal, and overall well- being.
• Documented the administraDon of medicaDon as well as paDent behaviors. Reported concerns, new symptoms, and abnormal behaviors to the supervisor.
• Observed and removed safety hazards and reported violaDons as appropriate, ensuring paDent safety.
• Performed light housekeeping and meal preparaDon.
• Manages paDent schedules to include driving to appointments.
• Assisted with daily living acDviDes and personal grooming. CorrecWonal Oﬃcer 2010-2015
Georgia Department of CorrecDons, Atlanta, GA 30334 Entrusted with the safety, security, and humane treatment of inmates. Strict adherence to all policies and procedures. Respects cultural diﬀerences.
• Supervised the movement of 90-95 inmates to and from work assignments, meals, and recreaDonal acDviDes.
• Inspected cells. Monitored inmate acDviDes. Observed and documented inmate behavior. InvesDgated allegaDons of misconduct. Diﬀused and resolved conﬂicts before they escalated.
• Escorted inmates to court and other appointments without incident. Police Oﬃcer 2013-2014
City of Irwinton, GA 31042
Provided a diverse array of duDes. Enforced the law within city limits while protecDng life and property. Patrolled the streets rendering assistance as necessary.
• Answered calls to traﬃc accidents and other emergencies. Recorded facts and prepared documents to be issued to insurance companies, a\orneys, and the department of motor vehicles.
• Responsible for the receipt, custody, security, transportaDon, review of the appraised value, storage, inventory, preservaDon, disposiDon of all types of seized personal and real property, including controlled substances, currency, and ﬁrearms.
• Served warrants, subpoenas, and conducted health and wellness checks. Police Oﬃcer 2008-2011
City of Sparta, GA 31087
478-***-**** Thomas G. Harris 2
A dedicated and accomplished leader who excelled at guiding, inﬂuencing, and empowering others to maintain law and order. Provided public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecDng people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoDng good community relaDons. Proven ability to assist diverse populaDons while remaining calm under pressure and in emergencies.
• Issued countless traﬃc citaDons resulDng in a reducDon of traﬃc crashes and fataliDes in my assigned area.
• Experienced in conducDng on the road ﬁeld sobriety tesDng by idenDfying and using forensic science techniques such as Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (HGN).
• Highly trained to iniDate an emergency response with full emergency equipment and radio communicaDon. Conducted proper evasive driving techniques while avoiding all road hazards and properly clearing intersecDons. Executed emergency pursuit response. MILITARY EXPERIENCE
Paladin Crew Member – Field ArWllery
214th Georgia Army NaDonal Guard
ArWllery & TransportaWon
United States Army
United States Navy
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Master of Arts – Major: Criminal Jus,ce An#cipated Gradua#on Date February 2021 Southern New Hampshire University, Hookse\, NH 03106 Bachelor of Arts – Major: Psychology Minor: Criminal Jus,ce 2017 Robert Morris University, Moon Township, PA 15108
CPI – current
CPR & First Aid – current
Family Systems Approach to Care January 2018
AIDET PaWent CommunicaWon January 2018
Common Mental Health Disorders January 2018
InfecWon PrevenWon and Control December 2017
CPR & First Aid October 2017
Care and Control October 2017
Handle with Care – CerWﬁcate October 2017
EMT 1 2016
Craven Community College, New Bern, NC 28562
Army Achievement Medal - 2nd award Ba\le E Reserve Service Award 478-***-**** Thomas G. Harris 3