F OOD E NGINEER
Versatile food engineer with extensive experience in food safety, quality management systems, and
compliance (HACCP, FSMA). Highly effective at
working independently, as part of a team, and
managing people. Specialized in control and analysis during food production, including RtE products, dairy products, bakery, and massive production
restaurants. Experienced in data analysis, problem- solving, and continuous improvement tools.
- Food Processing GMPs, HACCP, Process
Improvement and Internal Audit
- Quality Assurance, Document Control and
- Microsoft Office, DaX, VBA, Data Analysis
- Risk Management, Crisis Management, Consumer
Complaints and Engagement
2320 Water Promenade Av, Herndon VA, 20171.
Nestle Oct 2019 to Oct. 2020
- Developed a group of 9 technicians in different laboratory environments
- Led internal audits for refining and microbiological lab, and ensure gap closure by implementing CAPA analysis
- Successfully carried out hiring and on-boarding of two technicians
- Carried out performance tests on benchmarking laboratory procedures to validate current procedures
QA TECHNICIAN - INTERNSHIP
Cava Foods May. 2018 to Dec. 2018
- Operated factory environmental monitoring and control system, enforced GMPs, and updated and improved upon operator training procedures contributing to a 18% improvement in employee retention
- Verified risk and crisis management documentation for production plant and distribution center
Project Management MPS. Cum. GPA 3.95
ANTIOQUIA UNIVERSITY (COLOMBIA)
Bachelor of Science in Food Engineering. GPA 3.68
QA Manager, Nestle
QA Manager, Nestle
QA MANAGER - CONSULTANT
Aymara Bakery Jan. 2015 to Jun 2015
- Developed HACCP plan in 4 months, ensuring compliance with Colombian regulatory agencies
- Implemented steps 1 through 4 of HACCP principles by leveraging a team of 2 interns and 2 supervisors
- Supported development of three new products for direct pipeline with R&D Department allowing for 3% expansion in market share
CERTIFICATION AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- PCQI Certified (Nov. 2020)
- HACCP, ISO 22000, PASS 220 and Internal Audit certification (Aug. 2012)
- WoW Courage Award (2019), Golden Cone Award -Courage (2020) SENSORY AND R&D - INTERNSHIP
Fabrica de Licores y Alcoholes de Antioquia Jun. 2014 to Dec 2014
- Updated sensory training program for alcoholic beverage internal laboratory
- Supported develop of three new products for direct pipeline with R&D department that expanded market share in 3%
- Created and implemented widely-used Excel tool using VBA codes to determine the necessary proportion of rum needed for a new Solera product PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Nestle Jan. 2020 to Jun. 2020
- Lead a cross-functional team during the commissioning of new equipment for a molded bar product
- Managed teams of up to 40 employees in an operational environment, on 4 different shifts.
- Monitor training progress and completion for new equipment while coordinating management of change for the production line
Nestle Jan 2019 to Oct 2019
- Developed cross-functional projects in three production lines that provided a 13% reduction in consumer complaints (CPM).
- Participated in internal audits for GMPs and compliance validations for CP and CCPS.
- Lead quality efforts on moulded bars and drumsticks platforms through CAPA analysis and continuous improvement tools.