I am interested in obtaining a position as part of your company. I am a dynamic individual with a passion for customer service and becoming a part of an amazing organization.
SKILLS • Management skills
• Safety management
• Risk assessment
• Quality control
• Knowledge in serving a multicultural community
• Interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented
• Experienced in various software
• Employee training
• Sales skills
• Customer Service
• Bilingual (English and Spanish)
WORK EXPERIENCE Kompass Representative
PL Marketing, West Houston
January 2020- present
• Responsibilities as a Kompass Rep included servicing multiple Kroger stores within the West Houston region. Merchandising, implementing plan-o-grams for
maintenance of store merchandise to improve or promote sales. Inspection, maintenance and assembly of sales displays. Installation of promotional product fixtures, adjustment of product arrangement and flow to
accommodate for seasonal sales and new product
implementation. Performing store support to assist management and employees of Kroger with departmental maintenance and organization.
June 2018-August 2019
• Responsibilities and duties included but were not limited to, sales, customer service, inventory inspections and maintenance, store maintenance, hiring and training new employees, property maintenance and repairs, ordering products and inventory replenishment, tech support, event planning, b2b communications, opening and closing of store, balancing of register and daily profit recording. General Manager
August 2017- August 2018
• Responsibilities and duties included but were not limited to sales, customer service, inventory inspections and maintenance, store maintenance, hiring and training new employees, barista operations, food preparation, opening and closing of store, balancing of register and daily profit recording.
Houston Police Department, Houston
Dec 2003 - Aug 2017
• Police officers patrol presence, observations and reporting of incidents requiring regular police response, as well as interacting with the public, are meant to aid in crime reduction and enhance relations between the community and the police
• Perform routine duties such as answering police
emergency and non-emergency calls and several police 911 calls, dispatching police officers to respond to calls using a police system
• Key leadership role in training and working with Police Officers / Police Recruits and department leaders to provide educated and competent Police Officers to serve and protect the city of Houston TX.
• Trained new police officers, and helped other divisions in special task force operations.
• Police officer with over 15 years of experience- proficient in all aspects of patrol functions*Field Training Officer
(FTO) for 2 years training several officers within the Houston Police Department.
• Educated police officers and other community members on the experience of mental illness using interactive tools to enable better problem resolution and promote police officer safety.
Jun 1999 – Jun 2008
• Training included Navy Rights and Responsibilities, Navy Leadership Courses, General Military and General Navy Training.
• Firefighter training, search and rescue training, emergency medical and C.P.R training. Safety and inspection training, and quality control. Periodic maintenance and conditioning of facilities.
• Responsible for supervising 3 site managers and contractors for the maintenance and troubleshooting exercises of weapons systems including hydraulic systems. Served majority of my term at NAVY Jacksonville NAS, NAVY Mayport Facilities and the Navy Training Facilities in Pensacola, Florida.
• Earned Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal,,
• Navy expert rifle, Navy expert pistol medal, good conduct medal, sea service deployment ribbon, national defense service medal, navy unit commendation..
S&B Engineers and Constructors, Houston
Jun 1998 – May 1999
• Safety monitor for numerous safety requirements and programs such as, electrical safety and the arc flash program, safety communications, facility inspections, safety committees, construction safety. Fire safety and preventative maintenance training obtained.
EDUCATION N/A in Graphic Design
Art Institute of Houston, Houston, TX
1997 – 1999
• Experience include creating logo designs, business stationery, brochures, catalogs, directories, editing books, creative packing design, book cover designs, trade show graphics, billboard graphics, signage graphics, posters, forms, flyers, website design, content management, advertising, sales collateral and more.
References can be provided upon request.
I am a 15 year veteran bilingual Police Officer and possess great knowledge in serving a multicultural community. In my line of duty I have built strong customer service skills. I manage and train new officers in all aspects of the job. I am detail oriented and have great time management skills. I am experienced in providing detailed reports. I have experience with various software.