St. Johns, FL 785-***-**** email@example.com
Physician Assistant with 15 years of medical experience with the last 6 years as a PCM, caring for a population from ages 2-100 years old. Most patients between 20 to 70 years old. Transitioning Lieutenant Colonel from the US Army after with over 27 years of Active Duty Service. Proven leader and a Combat Veteran. Possesses excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. Established impeccable work ethic and patient interaction skills. Looking for a position that can present the opportunity for making a positive difference in people's lives. Patient Satisfaction scores averaged above 98%. Moved to the Jacksonville area in November 2019. Currently NCCPA board certified since October 2003 and recently obtained an unrestricted FL license.
Experienced medical provider committed to providing the highest quality of medical care with kindness and compassion. Interested in joining a team of medical professionals that respect and support each other and take pride in their abilities to meet their patients needs. Seeking a position that allows team members to immediately add value to the organization with opportunities for future advancement.
•Doctor of Education in Teaching and Learning, University of Saint Augustine for Health Sciences, St Augustine, FL projected graduation Summer 2022
•Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies University of Nebraska Medical Center - Omaha, NE August 2006
•Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Studies University of Nebraska Medical Center - Omaha, NE August 2003
•Bachelor of Science in Biology University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff - Pine Bluff, AR May 1992
•Officer Basic and Advanced Courses, Fort Sam Houston, TX.
•Command Arms and Services Staff School, Fort Leavenworth, KS.
•Intermediate Level Education, Command and General Staff College, Fort Belvoir, VA.
•Inspector General Course, Fort Belvoir, VA.
•Executive Healthcare Course, Fort Sam Houston, TX
•ACLS and BLS certifications
•CPR Instructor, American Red Cross
•NCCPA - October 2003 until present
•Ordained Christian Minister
•Branch: US Army
Status: Retired honorably
•Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
•Military Medical Officer with over 27 years of Active Duty Service. Combat Veteran and Certified Army Physician Assistant.
Atlantic Pacific Safety and Rescue April 2020 to Present Project Manager
• Primary duties are the coordination, scheduling, and oversight of day-to-day operations for COVID-19 screening stations for BAE Systems. Responsible for staffing two locations and management of 13-15 employees.
Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center, Fort George Meade, MD. March 2017 - December 2019 Primary Care Manager/Medical Director
• Primary Duties: Served as a Primary Care Manager of a panel of approximately 2,500 patients, ages 2-100 years old. Most patients being between 20 to 70 years old. Also was dual hatted as the Liberty Family Clinic Medical Director for 10 months. Responsible for 6 Medical Providers and Clinic Support Staff of approximately 25.
Robinson Army Health Clinic, Fort Bragg, NC. November 2013 - February 2017 Primary Care Manager
• Served as a Primary Care Manager of a panel of approximately 2,500 patients, ages 2-100 years old. Most patients being between 20 to 70 years old.
Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa May 2014 - January 2015 Medical Officer in Charge of the Functional Specialty Team, 443rd Civil Affairs
• Responsible for a team of medical personnel which included a Dentist, 3 Veterinarians, 1 Internal Medicine Physician, 1 Public Health Nurse and 10 Medical Specialists. Responsible for providing health planning, services, and surveillance in East Africa which included the training of Medical Military Personnel in Djibouti, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and Kenya. Also served for 3 months as the sole Medical Provider off the coast of Kenya (Manda Bay) and responsible for the healthcare of the 200 assigned military personnel.
The Pentagon, Arlington, VA September 2010 - October 2013 Inspector General and Medical Advisor to the Army Inspector General
• Served as the Medical Advisor to the US Army Inspector General and the lead Medical Investigator for medical inquiries. Performed investigations directed by both the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of the Army, respectively. Also served as the lead for Presidential and Congressional Inquiries and a brief assignment to the IG Inspection team.
Army Human Resources Command, Hoffman Bldg., Alexandria, VA December 2007 - August 2010 Physician Assistant Assignments Officer/Branch Manager
Responsible for world-wide assignments and career management of approximately 1000 Active Duty Army Physician Assistants. Also traveled world-wide to brief officers and facilitate training and other assistance as needed. Taught personnel classes at Officer Basic and Advanced Courses and the Flight Surgeons Course at Fort Rucker. Assisted the Army Consultant for Physicians Assistants in management of all Active Duty PAs.
101st Support Battalion, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, KS November 2003 - November 2007 Deputy Brigade Surgeon
• Served as the 101st's Primary Medical Officer. Responsible for the health and deplorability of the approximately 700 Soldiers assigned. Deployed to Iraq helping to provide Level I/II trauma care with a unit that saw over 600 casualties. Served also as the medical officer for an Engineer Battalion for 6 weeks in the absence of their medical officer.
Barton Community College, Junction City, KS 2005-2007 Associate Professor
• Instructor for Anatomy and Physiology I & II. Also taught the lab with the lecture, an 8-week course for 8 hours per week. Avg. 19-15 students per course.
US Army Recruiting Command, Fort Knox, KY July 1999 - August 2001 Accession Officer for the Medical Service Corps
• Served as the accession officer for all sources of accessions which included ROTC, direct accessions, OCS, service academies and HPSP scholarship candidates. Served as selection board officer for Active and Reserve Direct Accessions. Trained Recruiters and participated in events to help with recruiting efforts. Awarded credit to recruiters. Coordinated with Human Resources Command for orders and assignments for newly accessed officers.
Headquarters and Headquarters Company, Fitzsimons Army Medical Center Medical Company Commander
• Served as the Company Commander of approximately 750 medical personnel at Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center and was responsible for Garrison activities during the BRAC process and turning the installation over to the University of Colorado Health Sciences.
Charlie Company, 41st Support Battalion, Fort Wainwright, AK.
•Executive officer for a Main Support Battalion’s Medical Company.
Charlie Company, 41st Support Battalion, Fort Wainwright, AK.
Brigade Evacuation Officer
•Served as the ground evacuation officer for 1st Brigade.
Bassett Army Community Hospital, Fort Wainwright, AK Chief, Clinical Support Division
Responsible for policy and oversite of administrative functions of the outpatient clinics, radiology and pharmacy departments.
Clinical Support Division, Bassett Army Community Hospital, Fort Wainwright, AK Administrative Assistant
• Worked for the Deputy Commander for Clinical Services and the Hospital Commander as directed.
•Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
•National Association of Christian Ministers
•University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Alumni Association
Provided upon request.