Curriculum Vitae – Mirvat Abdallah Page *
Mirvat Abdallah – Associate Professor - Civil and Environmental Engineering CURRICULUM VITAE
Mirvat Abdallah, Ph.D.
Rafik Hariri University
2010 - 2013 Ph.D. Civil Engineering University of Lille 1, Lille, France & Lebanese University, Doctoral School of
Science & Technology, Beirut, Lebanon
2009 - 2010 M.E. Civil Engineering – Geotechnical Lebanese University, Doctoral School of Science & Technology, Beirut, Lebanon
2003 - 2008 Diploma Civil Engineering Lebanese University, Faculty of Engineering, 3rd Branch, Beirut,
2. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Fall 2013 – Onward
Full –Time Faculty member Rafik Hariri University, Mechref – Damour, Lebanon
May 2019 – Onward
Geotechnical Civil Engineer -
GeoExperts – Advanced Geotechnical
Solutions, Verdun – Beirut, Lebanon
Part –Time Lecturer Arts, Sciences and Technology University in Lebanon (AUL), Sin El-Fil, Lebanon
Fall 2012 Part –Time Lecturer Islamic University of Lebanon (IUL), Khalde, Lebanon
Part –Time Lecturer Ecole Polytechnique, Lille, France 2010 – 2011 Civil Engineer Khatib & Alami Company – Transportation Department /
2007 - 2010 Civil Engineer Khatib & Alami Company – Environmental Department
Curriculum Vitae – Mirvat Abdallah Page 2
Mirvat Abdallah – Associate Professor - Civil and Environmental Engineering 3. HONORS AND AWARDS
2017 Best Paper Award: Numerical Modeling of Various Support Systems to Stabilize Deep excavations – 19th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Management
(ICSMFM 2017), Praha.
2016 Best Paper Award: Non-Linear Numerical Modeling of the Interaction of Twin Tunnels- Structure – 18th International Conference on Civil Engineering and Modelling Transportation System (ICCEMTS 2016), France.
Soil Strength and Slope Stability
Soil Mechanics and Laboratory
Fundamentals of Geology
Construction Planning & Management
Structural Analysis II
Structural Analysis I
Mechanics of Materials
Engineering for the Community
5. RESEARCH INTERESTS
Analysis for Slope Stability
Rock dynamics and applications
Oil and Gas from Civil Engineering perspective
6. PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
1. Mirvat Abdallah, Fatima Haidar, “Modeling of Dynamic Fracture Mechanism in Rock Masses due to wave propagation”, International Journal of Engineering & Technology, doi: 10.14419/ijet.v7i4.15407, 4683 – 4690, 2019.
2. M. Abdallah “Numerical Modeling of Various Support Systems to Stabilize Deep Excavations”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Science Index 127, Curriculum Vitae – Mirvat Abdallah Page 3
Mirvat Abdallah – Associate Professor - Civil and Environmental Engineering International Journal of Environmental, Chemical, Ecological, Geological and Geophysical engineering, 11(7), 591-596, 2017.
3. A. Bayoumi, M. Abdallah, F. Hage Chehade “Non Linear Numerical Modeling of the Interaction Twin Tunnels-Structure”, International Journal of Civil and Architectural Engineering Vol. 10, No: 8, 2016.
4. Aya Bayoumi, Mirvat Abdallah “Effects of Recycled Concrete Aggregate on a Concrete Mix”, International Journal of Enhanced Research in Science, Technology & Engineering ISSN 2319- 7463, Vol. 5 Issue 1, January 2016.
5. M. Abdallah, F. Hage Chehade, W. Chehade, A. Fawaz “Interaction deep excavation – adjacent structure: Numerical two and three dimensional Modeling” in the Advanced Materials Research Vol. 324 (2011) pp 344-347 © (2011) Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.324.344s
7. REFEREED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
1. Rafic Fawaz, Zahra Dabet, Raeda Hussein, Mirvat Abdallah “Polypropylene Fiber Reinforced Concrete, in Proceedings of the 21st LAAS International Science Conference (LAAS 2015), Beirut, Lebanon.
2. Mirvat Abdallah, Houssam Salami “Overview of Oil and Gas exploration in Lebanon” in Proceedings of the IEEE, 1st Mediterranean Gas and Oil International Conference (MedGO 2015), pp: 1-4 - April 2015, Beirut, Lebanon.
3. M. Abdallah, I. Shahrour, F. Hage Chehade “Modélisation numérique de la stabilité des massifs rocheux inclines fractures au Liban” in Proceedings of Congrès Maghrébin de Génie Parasismique
(CMGP 2014), Rabat, Morocco.
4. M. Abdallah, I. Shahrour, F. Hage Chehade “STABILITY ANALYSIS OF A ROCK MASS and effect of water under SEISMIC CONDITIONS: real CASE STUDY IN LEBANON” in Proceedings of the Second European Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (2ECEES 2014), Istanbul, Turkey.
5. M. Abdallah, I. Shahrour, F. Hage Chehade “Effect of Water flowing under seismic loading on the rock slope stability including Horizontal and Vertical discontinuities: a Lebanese case study” in Proceedings of 8th conference on Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering (NUMGE 2014), Delft, the Netherlands.
6. Bayoumi, A.; El Zein, L.; Khodor, J.; Abdallah, M. “Recycled Concrete Aggregate” in Proceedings of the 20th LAAS International Science Conference (LAAS 2014), Beirut, Lebanon. 7. M. Abdallah, I. Shahrour, F. Hage Chehade “Analyse de la stabilité des massifs rocheux dans des conditions sismiques: étude de cas au Liban en présence de discontinuités horizontales et verticales”in Proceedings of 2013 International Congress on Materials & Structural Stability (CMSS 2013), Rabat, Morocco.
8. M. Abdallah, I. Shahrour, F. Hage Chehade “Influence of the water presence on seismic response of fractured rock slope: Application to a case study in Lebanon” in Proceedings of Vienna Congress on Recent Advances in Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 2013 (VEESD 2013), Vienna, Austria.
Curriculum Vitae – Mirvat Abdallah Page 4
Mirvat Abdallah – Associate Professor - Civil and Environmental Engineering 9. M. Abdallah, I. Shahrour, F. Hage Chehade “Analyse du comportement sismique des massifs rocheux inclinés fracturés – Application au massif de Jezzine – Liban” in Proceedings of 21ëme Congres Francais de Mecanique (CFM 2013), Bordeaux, France. 10. M. Abdallah, I. Shahrour, F. Hage Chehade “STABILITY ANALYSIS OF A ROCK MASS IN SEISMIC CONDITIONS: CASE STUDY IN LEBANON” in Proceedings of the 4th ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
(CompDyn 2013), Kos Island, Greece.
8. GRADUATE STUDENTS ADVISED
1. Amal Jomaa 2017 – 2018 (RHU)
Thesis: Slope Stability Analysis and Stabilization: Case Study in Sharhabil – Saida 2. Fatima Haidar 2016 – 2017 (Lebanese University) Thesis: Modeling of dynamic fracture mechanism in rock masses due to crack propagation 3. Aya Bayoumi 2015 – 2016 (RHU)
Thesis: The tunnel traffic reducer in urban area: Study of their effect on the surrounded soils and structures
4. Caroline Yassin 2015 – 2016 (Lebanese University) Thesis: Modeling of dynamic fracture mechanism in continuum rock masses due to crack propagation
5. Assile Abou Diab 2012 – 2013 (Lebanese University) Thesis: Stability analysis of a rock mass in seismic conditions: case study in Lebanon in presence of horizontal discontinuities
1. Yasser Assaf 2017 – 2018 (RHU)
Project: Stability of Excavation in Bouchrieh
9. COMMITEE SERVICE
2018 – 2019 ABET Accreditation – coordinator of the Civil Engineering Program 2018 – Onward Marketing, Enrollment and University Promotion Committee 2017 – 2018 Structural Engineering competition organized by OEA Beirut – representative of college of engineering RHU
2013 – 2016 Advisor of ASCE – RHU Student Chapter
2018 – Onward Advisor of ASCE – RHU Student Chapter 2017 – 2018 U-Care Committee
Curriculum Vitae – Mirvat Abdallah Page 5
Mirvat Abdallah – Associate Professor - Civil and Environmental Engineering 2016 – 2017 University Beacons for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (U-battal) Committee
2016 – 2017 Transforming the Classroom group - retreat 2016 – 2017 Engineering Day / Open House Committee 2015 – 2016 Founder’s Day Committee
2015 – 2016 Chaired Extracurricular Activities Committee 2015 – 2016 Representative faculty member and secretary for the College Council 2015 – 2016 Organizing and Scientific Committee of the Science Olympics 2015 – 2016 Master of Graduation Ceremony
2015 – 2016 Building a campus that inspires - retreat 2014 – 2015 Member of the Organizing Committee for Mediterranean Gas and Oil International Conference (MedGO 2015)
2013 – 2017 RHU Outdoor Festival and mini Open Houses National and International Service:
- Elected Board Member of Association of Structural Engineering, November 2018 – 2020, Order of Engineers and Architects (OEA), Beirut – Lebanon.
- Jury Member in the Scientific Committee for the 9th & 10th Annual Exhibition day for Engineering Projects at OEA, Tripoli, July 22, 2017 & July 28, 2018.
- Ministry of Education and Higher Education - Specialized Committee for Civil Engineering and Geology Programs, since 2016. Evaluation of the Geology program of Global University August 2018 – Onward.
- NERD Robotics Competition, Jury member, 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Treasurer of ASCE Lebanon Section, May 2017 – Onward.
- Chair of the ASCE – International Younger Members Committee, 2015-2017.
- Moderator IPTEC sessions and delegate fully covered by Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation – Beirut Energy Forum (IBEF 2017).
- Scientific and Organizing Committees of “Sharing Knowledge in Civil Engineering” Conference organized by the OEA-Beirut November 2016 – Member and Chair Session.
- Association of Structural Engineering at OEA, since 2016.
- Association of University Professors at Ikleem Al-Kharroub Region, since 2016
- Beirut Energy Forum delegate fully covered by Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation 2015
- LAAS Scientific Committee, since 2015.
Curriculum Vitae – Mirvat Abdallah Page 6
Mirvat Abdallah – Associate Professor - Civil and Environmental Engineering 10. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Online Course on “Internal Quality Assurance (IAQ) in Higher education: Designing and Developing an effective IQA System”, April 29 to June 28, 2018.
- Online course on “How learning works” by Marquette University, 2016.
- 20-Minute Mentor Series on the improvement of Teaching and Learning.
- Faculty development workshops at RHU related to Student Learning Outcomes and course syllabus Design, ABET, Institutional Accreditation, Assessment tools, Rubrics, Interactive lecturing and Student - Centered Teaching
11. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Order of Engineers and Architects (OEA), Lebanon, 2009-present
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 2013-present 12. LAST REVISION DATE
March 30, 2020