Ly (Harriet) Huong Bui
email@example.com 209-***-**** github.com/HarrietLyBui EDUCATION
University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA: Master’s in Computer Science - Software Engineering (May 2019) Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA: Bachelor of Arts in Economics (May 2016) Cottey College, Nevada, MO: Associate of Fine Arts in Visual Art and Dance (May 2014) 3.5/4.0
Coursework: Advanced Algorithms, Data Structures, Advanced Object-Oriented Programming, Computer System & Assembly Language, Software Engineering, Visual Analytics, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Natural Language Processing SKILLS
Programming Languages: Java, Python, PostgreSQL Tools: IntelliJ, Visual Studio, Unix/Linux, Postgres, Jenkins Languages: English (bilingual proficiency); Vietnamese (native proficiency); Chinese (elementary proficiency) EXPERIENCE
Software Engineer, Hitachi Content Platform Anywhere (AW) - Hitachi Vantara LLC September 2019 - present
• Developed and maintained database functions supporting unique IDs in PostgreSQL and Java to integrate AW file sync and share server with 365 Microsoft Office Online, enabling online collaboration for more than 5000 clients.
• Enhanced multi-user load engine scripts in Python to automate the process of data aggregation and visualization for the load performance testing procedure, increasing the runtime efficiency by 20%.
• Designed and developed Finder Sync extension in Objective-C for the macOS application to allow users to access their data with simple right clicks.
Software Engineering Teaching Assistant, University of Massachusetts Amherst September – December 2018
• Graded homework and in-class assignments for the graduate-level Theory and Practice of Software Engineering class.
• Provided detailed feedback for 58 students' performance and answered students’ questions regarding the assignments. Software Engineering Intern, Lexalytics Inc, Amherst, MA May – August 2018
• Researched, implemented, and tested an end-to-end pipeline in Python to automate the training label creation process for machine learning and deep learning models using data programming and Snorkel library.
• Performed a case study in relation extraction to label whether two companies have a merger and acquisition relationship.
• Experimented with random search, grid search to improve the generative model performance.
• Prepared data for human annotation using Brat and Docker container to evaluate model performance. Software Engineering Intern, Burning Glass Technologies, Amherst, MA January – May 2018
• Enhanced current professional skill taxonomy by researching and implementing SpaCy Name Entity Recognition model in Python to extract potential skills from Wikipedia corpus.
• Researched and implemented a user interface in Python to explore skill relationships and visualize the knowledge graph. PROJECTS
HackUmass, University of Massachusetts Amherst October 2018 Built a presentable and working prototype of a new Alexa Echo’s skill in Python in a team of two that allows Alexa to finish singing a song to you after you sing the first part of the song, presented the prototype in the final competition. Elevation-based Navigation, Software Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst October - December 2017
Designed and developed a system that maximizes or minimizes elevation gains for bikers and hikers in a team of five. Improved runtime complexity by implementing A* search algorithm in Python to find the shortest path between two locations. WebApp Development, Google, Mount Holyoke College January 2016 Built a web to-do list application using Python, HTML, CSS, and test-driven development with a Google developer.