Chinese (Mandarin) teaching (native language is Mandarin, also fluently speak English), STEM and STEAM education, education for sustainable development (ESD), Curriculum development, camp learning activity planning, organization and management. Drawn to collaborations and partnerships. Professional
Professional development for primary and secondary school teachers with STEM content; pedagogical lecturer for pre- service teachers, Zhejiang International Studies university
Vice director of RCE (Regional Centres of Expertise on ESD, United Nations University) Hangzhou
Academic director for curriculum development in Mars Scholar Project, Worldshaper Academy, China
October, 2009-August, 2010
Student teacher for “learning by doing in science” in Luwan Adolescent Science Learning Center in Shanghai, China September,2006- August, 2008
Student counselor in Zhejiang Business Technology Institute, China
Ph.D. candidate, Science education, Illinois Institute of Technology
September,2008- December 2013
Doctor degree, Comparative Education oriented in science education, East China Normal University
Dissertation: Argumentation-oriented Science Instruction August, 2010–August 2012
Visiting research scholar in Illinois Institute of Technology, Science education
Master degree, Educational Technology, Zhejiang Normal University,
Thesis: Integrating information technology into science instruction
Bachelor degree, Educational Technology, Zhejiang Normal University
A. Scholarly Book Published Co-Authored
1. Wu Weidong, Hu Min, Pan Yaozhen, professional competence and learning system for pre-service teachers (will be published in 2021)
2. Chen Xiaoping, Pan Yaozhen. (2019), Education for Sustainable Development in Primary Education: Curriculum Design based on Sino-German Research. Xiling Seal Engraver’s Society Publishing House. 3.Cai Tiequan, Wang Lihua, Pan Yaozhen (2005). Modern Educational Technology Guide (2nd ed.). Science Press. B. Chapters Published Co-Authored
4. Zhang Junlin, Pan Yaozhen, Fang Huiqing.(2019) River angels’ youth water protection program. In: Multi-stakeholder Approaches to Education for Sustainable Development in Local Communities. UNESCO Bangkok. 5. Cai Tiequan, Pan Yaozhen,(2005) .Evaluating Physics Instruction of High School.
(chapt 5, pp. 129- 162). Evaluation of Inquiry Instruction of High School. North East Normal University Press. C. Journal Articles Published
6. Daniel Z. Meyer, Joy kubarck-sandor, James Kedvesh, Cherry Heitzman, Yaozhen Pan, and Sima Faik. (2012).Eight ways to do inquiry: A study of over300 inquiry activities recommends eight models for the classroom. The Science Teacher. 79
( 6), 40-44.
7. Daniel Z. Meyer, Joy kubarck-sandor, James Kedvesh, Cherry Heitzman, Yaozhen Pan, and Sima Faik.(2012).How do we do inquiry? Let us count the ways. NARST 2012 Annual conference. Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. 8. Pan Yaozhen.(2011). Teaching argumentation in science education. Global Education. 40(2), 77-81. 9. Pan Yaozhen. (2010). Promoting teachers’ professional development based on professional community. Research in Education Development. 18(8), 83-87.
10. Pan Yaozhen.(2010). Doing argumentation in science education. Global Education. 38(6), 15-18. 11. Pan Yaozhen.(2009). Toward the deep learning: Concept-based Curriculum Unites in Inquiry Activities. Global Education. 37(6), 82-86.
12. Pan Yaozhen.(2009). Vee-mapping in Secondary School Science Education. Global Education. 38(2), 87-91. 13.Pan Yaozhen.(2006).Project-based Science Inquiry in Information Technology Environment. Modern Primary & Secondary Schools’ Education,22 (8) 34-37.
14. Pan Yaozhen.(2006).Forming Physical Concepts from Physical Experiments. Modern Primary & Secondary Schools’ Education,22 (2) 54-57.
15. Pan Yaozhen, Cai Tiequan.(2005).Secondary School Science Education in Internet Environment. Curriculum·Subject Matter·Teaching methods,25(8),54-57.