Patricia McTamany-Allen, MSN Resume
Houston, TX, 77339 email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications
• Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner with almost 16 years experience including 9 years in a private Internal Medicine practice with emphasis on gerontology.
• Strong clinical skills enhanced by excellent rapport with patients and families.
• Committed to excellence in care using a holistic approach to patient centered care.
• Extensive experience in the management of the chronically ill adult.
• Extensive experience in mentoring nurses, and in facilitation of multidisciplinary health care teams.
• Skilled in use of electronic medical records including eClinical Works Education
Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi
Master of Science in Nursing June 2000
• Invited member Sigma Theta Tau, Nursing Honor Society
• Recognized by Department of Nursing as Preceptor for MSN candidates University of Texas at Arlington
Bachelor of Science in Nursing December 1996
Licensure & Certifications
• Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner American Nurses Credentialing Center (08/2020)
• Registered Nurse State of Texas expires 11/2017
• BLS expires 09/2021
• Texas Department of Public Safety eligible
• Drug Enforcement Agency registration eligible
• Chronic illness
• Outpatient acute illness
• Health maintenance and
• End of life care
• Vicente Rodriquez, MD, PA Corpus Christi, TX 01/2001-12/2001. Pulmonary office practice with specialist.
• Jerome LeeSang, MD, PA Portland, TX 01/2002-01/2011. Monitor and provide primary care for average of 150 patients in long terrace facilities, take call, office appointments, perform minor procedures, (I&D, venipuncture, replace gastrostomy,Foley)
• Odyssey Hospice Care Corpus Christi, TX 12/2010-11/2012. Hospice service Nurse Practitioner, pain management, teaching, end of life care. Gap in employment due to move to Houston.
• Healthcare Clinic, Walgreens Houston, TX 04/2013-04/2014
• Whitaker Healthcare- Locums Houston, TX 05/2014-08/2014
• Matrix Health/Comp Health Houston, TX 09/2014-09/2015. On coming to Houston have had Locum employment with responsibility for assessment and management of chronic and acute problems in various office and clinic settings.
• Central Care Integrated Health System Houston, TX 10/2015-10/2016 Federally Qualified Health Center, Riverside Health Clinic practicing as the only health care provider in outpatient setting responsible for assessment and management of patients 6 months throughout life. This includes managing Texas Healthy Steps for children and adult health screening. Acute and chronic illness, STD’s, immunization management, and minor outpatient procedures are included in the practice.
Houston Cancer Institute 10/2016 to present, Assessing and management of patient with Hematologic and cancer diagnosis
Additional Clinical Experience
• Scott and White Hospital, Temple, TX 06/1986-02/1992, Registered Nurse, Clinical Nurse III, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, PICU Nurse Preceptor,
• Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore, MD, 02/1992-06/1993
• Cook Children’s Medical Center, Fort Worth, TX, 07/1993-12/1997, Outpatient Surgery, Post Anesthesia Care Unit
• American Association of Nurse Practitioners