Central Washington University Ellensburg, WA
Master of Science in Health and Physical Education Spring 2016 Concentration: Athletic Administration Specialization Valdosta State University Valdosta, GA
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Summer 2014
Concentration: International Relations
University of Houston – Houston, TX
Coordinator of Rec Sports & Family Programs Spring 2019 - Current
• Assist in the administration and further development, planning, directing and coordination of a comprehensive university recreation program to include but not limited to intramural sports, club sports, and family program initiatives.
• Recruit, hire, train and develop student staff including: o One Graduate Assistant
o 30+ Student Supervisors
o 40+ Student Sport Officials
o 20+ Student Camp Counselors
• Promote a safe environment in which to participate and an atmosphere conducive to social fellowship and meaningful interactions.
o Train and monitor enforcement of effective risk management plans for all areas of responsibility.
• Manage financial resources in accordance with university policies. o Oversee the accurate accounting and management of all financial transactions associated with the Office of Recreation Services
• Provide support to the Assistant Director of Recreation Sports and Family Programs in formulating all Recreation Services budgets for intramural sports, club sports, and family programs.
• Develop annual goals and objectives, which accurately reflect the operations of the Office of Recreation Services and the goals and missions of University of Houston..
• Assist in the development and maintenance of annual reports.
• Provide support in the procurement and management of all intramural sports, club sports, and family program equipment and supplies.
• Establish working relationships with individuals, university departments and organizations as well as outside agencies and groups as necessary and appropriate, or as assigned. Spelman College – Atlanta, GA
Coordinator of Intramural & Recreation Sports Spring 2018
• Coordinated significant and high quality opportunities in a variety of indoor and outdoor intramural activities, including those for disabled students, to satisfy the diverse needs of students, including team and individual/dual sport activities, tournaments, leagues and fitness challenges for students.
• Coordinated, promoted, advertised and scheduled intramural games on and off campus.
• Organized, oversaw, and evaluated all student programs, and recommended equipment purchases and repairs.
• Assisted in implementation of risk management policies and procedures.
• Attended and oversaw intramural games, referees as needed and developed and implemented team captain.
• Facilitated leadership training, referee and official clinics, met regularly with team student captains and student referees.
• Coordinated with Wellness Center to maintain and improve website for online registration of events, leagues, etc. to include participations tracking and maintained records and evaluations on participation and equipment inventory. Page 2
• Assured that all health and safety equipment, i.e. First Aid boxes are currently stocked with current equipment and first aid supplies and documents current status on daily log sheets.
• Created and maintained intramural manual of operations.
• Maintained records relative to participation and equipment inventory.
• Supervised, trained, and evaluated intramural student staff (i.e. supervisor, referees, office staff, etc.)
• Conducted comprehensive official clinics for student workers. Ball State University – Muncie, IN
Coordinator of Competitive Sports and Community Programs Summer 2016 – Spring 2018
• Administered and further developed, planned, directed and coordinated a comprehensive university recreation program to include but not limited to intramural sports, club sports, youth & family programs and marketing program initiatives.
• Recruited, hired, trained and developed student staff.
• Actively promoted and developed opportunities for both professional and student employees.
• Promoted a safe environment in which to participate and an atmosphere conducive to social fellowship and meaningful interactions.
• Provided an effective risk management plan for all areas of responsibility.
• Managed financial resources in accordance with university policies.
• Provided support to the Associate Director/Assistant Director in formulating all Recreation Services budgets for intramural sports, club sports, and youth & family programs.
• Developed annual goals and objectives, which accurately reflect the operations of the Office of Recreation Services and the goals and missions of Ball State University.
• Oversaw the accurate accounting and management of all financial transactions associated with the Office of Recreation Services.
• Developed, created and maintained quarterly, semester, and annual reports.
• Provided support in the procurement and management of all intramural sports, club sports, and youth & family equipment and supplies.
• Provided support to Sports Facilities Management administrative staff with coverage for special events.
• Provided support to the Associate Director/Assistant Director(s) in other programs and activities as assigned, including special events.
• Established working relationships with individuals, university departments and organizations as well as outside agencies and groups as necessary and appropriate, or as assigned.
• Assisted with the supervision of field facility attendants for custodial and event set-up and tear-down needs. Central Washington University – Ellensburg, WA
Graduate Assistant Intramural Sports & Special Events Summer 2014 – Spring 2016
• Assisted in the development of student staff and sport officials through training, supervision, and evaluation of student employees
• Oversaw the daily operations of a comprehensive Intramural Sports Program including, but not limited to scheduling, marketing, officiating, and risk management.
• Spearheaded day-to-day management of scheduling facilities, teams, and staff
• Facilitated event planning and coordination of special events
• Coordinated regular updates of equipment inventory and maintenance
• Aided in facility operations, quarterly reports, and the recruitment and management of officials.
• Recruited, trained, and retained volunteers for special events
• Strategized and implemented marketing and publicity efforts on campus and in the community for special events
• Administered the scheduling of student employees including: supervisors and officials
• Served as committee member for the University Recreation Director search
• Conducted payment transactions for the sale of University Recreation merchandise and special events through Class Software
• Established campus and community business relations through collaborative partnerships Camp C-Woo Counselor Summer 2014/2015
• Supervised over 50 children, between the ages of 6 and 12
• Organized daily events for campers including: Arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, outdoor activities, and carnival
• Sustained a safe and clean work environment
• Aided on field trips by taking attendance and chaperoning campers Page 3
• Performed equipment set up
• Exhibited excellent customer service to participants and parents during the program
• Enforced Risk management procedures when needed
Facilities Access Desk/ Weight Room Employee Summer 2014
• Conducted payment transactions for the sale of University Recreation merchandise through Class Software
• Provided quality leadership and exceptional service to recreation staff and customers
• Assisted with the distribution and set up of equipment
• Maintain clean and safe work station
• Demonstrated proper use of facility equipment
• Enforced University Recreation policies and procedure
• Established positive interpersonal relationships with customers Valdosta State University Campus Recreation – Valdosta, GA Special Events and Student Development Team Leader Fall 2013 – Spring 2014
• Fulfilled tasks assigned by Graduate Assistant during weekly meetings
• Assisted Graduate Assistant in organizing events including: 5K Fun Run; Haunted Trail; Spikefest
• Implemented Graduate Assistant/ Team Leader workshop including: Time/Stress management; Money Management; Resume/Interview; Professionalism
• Managed marketing and advertising efforts on campus and in the community for special events
• Recruited, trained, and retained volunteers for special events
• Administered the scheduling of student/volunteers staff for special events
• Implemented, supervised, and evaluated special events
• Exhibited excellent customer service to participants and volunteers during events
• Contributed to student staff development initiatives Competitive Sports Team Leader Fall 2012 – Spring 2013
• Provided quality leadership and exceptional service to officials, participants, and spectators
• Assisted with the day-to-day operations of Intramural Sports Program which included, but not limited to: league updates through IMLeagues.com, inputting event results, publicity distribution, keeping captains and participants informed of changes
• Prepared equipment and related paperwork for events occurring that night including: score sheet, incident/accident reports, daily supervisor reports, etc.
• Implemented Captains meeting and assessment through IMLeagues.com
• Delivered written and verbal evaluations of officials and scorekeepers on a regular basis
• Attended and assisted Sports Official Clinics and all In-Service Sessions
• Provided on-site supervision during intramural activities
• Assisted with participant conflict and emergency situations
• Held responsibility for hiring, firing, and training employees
• Oversaw the Scheduling of student employees including: supervisors and officials
• Enforced policies and administered disciplinary action
• Serve as committee member for the Intramural and Club Sport Assistant Director search
• Serve as committee member for the Intramural and Club Sport Graduate Assistant search Intramural Sports Supervisor Spring 2012 – Spring 2014
• Attended and assisted Sports Official Clinics and all In-Service Sessions sponsored by the Department of Campus Recreation
• Organized and implement pre-game/post-game set up/tear down, personnel, and participants of all Intramural Sports
• On-site supervision of all Intramural Team, Individual and Dual Sports, and Special Events
• Enforced all Intramural Sports Policies and Procedures
• Held responsibility for compiling proper documentation (supervisor report, incident and accident reports, score cards and sportsmanship, and proper return of all materials to Student Recreation Center student lab)
• First responder to Accidents and Incidents
Intramural Sports Official Fall 2010 – Spring 2014
• Performed equipment set up
• Applied game rules to participants
• Conducted a safe playing environment
• Enforced all Intramural Sports Policies and Procedures Page 4
Certification & Rewards
• Red Cross BLS Instructor Certified (2015 – Current)
• CPRO/First Aid/AED Instructor Certified (2015 - Current)
• Belay Certified (2014 – 2017)
• Sport Official Certification
o TASO Volleyball Official (2019 – Current)
o Indiana High School Sport Association Licensed Official (2016 – 2018) o Certified USA Volleyball Official (2016 – 2016)
o Certified Washington Official Association Volleyball Official (2015 – 2016)
• NIRSA Rewards
o NIRSA Foundation Scholarship Recipient (2016)
o 2015 NIRSA North West Regional Basketball Tournament – Team Sportsmanship Award (2015)
• Valdosta State University Campus Recreation Rewards o Employee of the Year (2014)
o Special Events & Student Development Employee of the Month (October 2013) o Intramural Sports Employee of the Month (August 2012, September 2012) Professional Development
• University of Houston Campus Recreation Student Incentives and Recognition Committee Co-Chair Fall 2020 – Current
• Black Women of NIRSA Co-founder Fall 2020 - Current
• University of Houston Wellbeing Activator Fall 2020 - Current
• University of Houston Health and Wellbeing Staff Development Event Committee Fall 2019 – Current
• University of Houston Campus Recreation Diversity & Inclusion Committee Fall 2019 – Current
• University of Houston Campus Recreation Training and Development Committee Fall 2018 – Spring 2020
• NIRSA Region IV Panel Presenter – Talk to a Pro Fall 2019
• KIRSA Region II Regional Basketball Tournament- All Tournament Committee Director Spring 2018
• KIRSA Region II Regional Basketball Tournament- All Tournament Staff Fall 2016
• NIRSA Engagement Coordinator for Central Washington University Winter 2014 – Spring 2016
• NIRSA North West Regional Basketball Tournament - All Tournament Staff Winter 2014/ 2015
• Teaching Assistant for Sports Management in Recreation and Tourism program Fall 2014
• Georgia Intramural and Recreational Sports Association Conference (GIRSA) Fall 2013