Wesley S. Jones
Owner, Designer & Master Carpenter
WSJ Design & Construction
Sioux City, Ia 51106
**** – Present
I currently Own and Operate a successful small business WSJ Design & Construction that performs both Commercial and Residential construction. Where I Manage, Design, Estimate, Sell, Maintain Client Relations and Perform all High End Carpentry Projects and successfully manage 2 other small crews.
I have 34 years of experience in both the Commercial and residential Construction Industry and have kept up my education to keep up with the ever changing landscape of the construction industry.
Avalon Construction - Sergeant Bluff, IA - 2012-09 – 2017- 06
Estimator, Design Director, Carpenter - Journeymen,
In Sept of 2012 I planned and started Avalon Construction with a partnership of a local Developer Coffiefield Developers, Who I was hired buy to build a team of people to build, remodel and maintain all types of structures Commercial, Multifamily and Residential.
Where I successfully planned and completed several multi million dollars projects down to the basic closet organization project.
• Coffie Field Development- 38 Unit Condo and 5 Single Family
• Boys Club Of Sioux City - Theater Room and Gaming centers
• 5 Pancheros Restaurants - Tenant Infill or Build out.
• 5 Dairy Queen remodels and 1 New Structure
• Tucker Hill Event Center
• 4 Brothers Restaurant Rebrand Remodel Interior and exterior
• The Overlook Development 56 Unit Condo
• 10 + Custom Single Family Homes
• 20 + High end Kitchen or Bath Remodels
Project Manager at Avalon Construction where I manage all of the day to day activities that
include but are not limited to:
• Direct and supervise workers
• Scheduling- Manpower, Projects and equipment
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects,
consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
• Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs,
or construction time.
• Conduct periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
• Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans computers Determine labor
requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites
• Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations
• Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and
formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
• Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
L & L Builders - Sioux City, IA - 1996-10 - 2012-09
Carpenter Journeyperson Concrete foreman, Safety Counsel Advisor
. During my employment with L&L builders I spent my time expanding my construction knowledge trough
experience and education.
• Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
• Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
• Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
• Order or requisition materials or supplies.
• Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and •
• Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
• Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
• .Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods
• or implementing motivational plans.
• Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
In my 16 year career at L&L Builders I was able to successfully manage an extensive list of high profile projects
as a Superintendent.
• Horn Memorial Hospital Renovation and Expansion
• St. Luke's Nursing College
• Mercy Medical Center
• Mercy Radiology and Imaging Department
• Mercy Laboratory and Pathology Department
• Mercy Robotics Surgical Suites.
Secured Facilities ( Security Clearance Required)
• Federal Bureau Of Investigation Headquarters Sioux City
• 185 Th A.N.G. KC-135 Hangar and Runway Tie ins
• Sioux Gateway Airport Renovation
• Cherokee Mental Health Maximum Security Wing
• Lewis and Clark Expedition Center
• 3 WalMart Renovations
Advanced Blueprint 2001
High Performance Business 2002
Business Strategies 2003
Basic Construction Management 2004
Team Building 2005
American Concrete Institute - Omaha, NE
1999 - 2002
Clover park Technical College - Lakewood, WA 1988
Bethel Senior High - Spanaway, WA 1984- 1987
SWPPP Training 2007 -2012 Annually