Tina M. Talamini
Applications Developer / Senior Programmer Analyst Remote / Telecommuter Only
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A detail-oriented IT professional with proven technical and analytical ability in systems analysis, programming, training and inspiring others, and evaluating new approaches and ideas with an exceptional vision for future development. A natural leader able to function efficiently in multi-task environments, provide sound advice and solutions to management, offer recommendations for improvement, and develop creative ideas for making enhancements re-useable. A strong team player and quick learner with a commitment to personal achievement at the highest level of potential. Demonstrated areas of expertise:
• Analytical Skills • Project Management • Leadership Skills • Team Building • Team Management
• Self-Starter • Organizational Skills • Problem Solving • Interpersonal Skills • Goal Setting
• Coaching/Mentoring • Effective Communication
Mainframe: COBOL II, CICS, EasyTrieve, DB2 Training, DYL-280, OS JCL, VSAM, IMS, TSO, SYSB, ISPF/PDF, SDSF, Abend-Aid, File-Aid, Dbug-Aid, Intertest, Xpediter, Changeman, Infoman, Endevor, Idcams, NDM, Infopac, Dispatch, Dynam D/T, Faver/XP, TMS, SDF, BMS, Planview, CA-Sort, CA-7, Strobe, DADS, OPC, PAR, Passport, Xycor Insurance Package, IBS, IBM OS, Various Workstations, OS/MVS-ESA, OS/MVS-XA, AS/400.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE *** Available February 1, 2021 *** Apps Dev Sr. Prog Analyst – Citigroup Inc. - CTC Test Center. Hagerstown, Md 06/10 – 01/21
● Support Business partners with rapid-cycle development and execution of business specific market tests to deliver consistent and reliable solutions in a controlled environment.
● Understanding requirements from business sponsors while working with project managers to design innovative web applications with backend processes and exception reporting for business tests.
● Designed databases based on business requirements.
● Generate Sql views to pull data for web processing and reporting.
● Constructed stored procedures using Sql for backend processing, updates from EDW, and email notifications.
● Developed SSIS packages for ETL processes from various inputs, ie. flat files, Excel, .csv.
● Devised scripts in SSIS packages to check for data input and to utilize with NDM for receiving/sending files.
● Unit test web application, MSSQL processes, ETL process, email generation and reporting.
● Create UAT test data. Work with UAT testers to ensure the web application works as designed and all processes function seamlessly.
● Produce technical design document detailing development efforts.
● Support all development effort for the duration of the test. Periodically, monitor processes, databases and reporting for any irregularities or potential issues.
● Acting SME for all mainframe related activities, ie., setting up gdgs, checking NDM processes, researching mainframe data elements in IBS. Archiving projects from the server to mainframe, process involves identifying projects, zipping folders, building upload reusable jobs, building reusable archive jobs to copy compressed data to tape, and building restore jobs to recover the data and download to the server if needed.
Silver Gratitude Award. – 09/19
Awarded from partner in Telesales for adding value to a process that drives reporting and compensation for AA employees.
Bronze Gratitude Award. – 06/18
Awarded from Tech Lead for making multiple contributions on web changes and for quickly setting up jobs on the mainframe for client processes.
Software Developer 3 - Citigroup Inc. - Citi Assurance Services. Fort Worth, Texas 08/05 – 05/10
● Successfully led COB nationwide testing for CAS Supplemental products. Restructured and improved recovery processes, procedures and documentation.
● Designed and implemented process to identify duplicate insurance certificates. The process identified duplicate coverage that was not allowed by law. Duplicate certs were systematically rejected with an auto letter generated to inform the customer as well as rejecting the application. When duplicate coverage was in question, the process automatically pends the certificate and reported the cert for users to determine if coverage needed to be cancelled.
● Supported supplemental insurance products on Xycor mainframe system package. Assisted transition form TSYS to FDR regarding billing. Work directly with users and business analysts to design and develop service requests and resolve incident reports. Responsible for on-call activity.
Champion Performer. - 12/07
Awarded from CIO for successfully completing nationwide COB test. Star Performer. - 11/07
Awarded for going above and beyond job responsibilities for North America Information Technology group.
Top 10 Award N. A. I. T. – 1st Qtr. - 02/07
Awarded from supervisor for completing several IR’s in an expedient manner. Champion Award. - 12/06
Awarded from Administration for time, effort, and dedication. Top 10 Award N. A. I. T. - 3rd Qtr. - 09/06
Awarded for going above and beyond job responsibilities for the 3rd quarter of 2006 in North America Information Technology group.
Champion Award. - 02/06
Awarded from Business Analyst for ease of designing and implementing duplicate certificate project.
Contract Senior Programmer Analyst – Pier 1 Imports, Inc. Fort Worth, Texas 02/05 - 08/05
● Contract Developer for a project to expand the number of warehouses the system could process on the mainframe platform.
Application Architect - First Data Corp./ NTS. Fort Worth, Texas 02/95 - 04/05
● Technical lead / project manager for development of new Y2K real time mainframe debit card system using VSAM files. Developed data flows, reviewed and approved detail specifications, installed system wide programming standards, and designed standardized user menus, screens and reporting.
● The system involved authorizing ATM / POS transactions real-time, socket processing, processing federal and client ACH load files to apply funds to debit cards, card add and pin generation, back office reporting and user control screens for all processes. Standardizing the development and the delivery of the application allowed changes to be made quickly and users to be trained easily. Developed modular system with flow chart/data flow diagrams, programming standards and naming convention guidelines that reduced overall support staff from 25 to 5.
● Lead project design meetings with developers and quality assurance. Presented system designs to users for approval. Worked extensively with QA teaching them how to use File-Aid for copybook layouts to review data generated. Helped QA understand overall system flow. Headed technical effort and coordination to convert clients to the new platform.
● Lead design and development of the Western Union Direct Connect Product. The product enables the consumer to pick up a debit card money transfer at a convenience store and withdraw their funds at the ATM. The product has expanded where and when consumers can pick up a money transfer which has grown the money transfer business significantly sending over a million dollars a year using debit cards.
● Converted all batch programs and JCL to replace the SYSB interface, which updates CICS files from batch, with the IBM CICS EXCI interface, saving $30,000 in monthly maintenance costs.
● Designed, developed, and implemented the OFAC process to check debit cards against US known terrorist and criminal list. The system was designed to check new debit card name and addresses as well as any changes in a real-time process to immediately stop the flow of funds if a match is found.
● Developed Pin module to generate offset for magnetic stripe as well as decoding the offset to derive the pin for the authorization process.
● Designed new invoice repricing system for national accounts authorization system, resulting in program participation increasing 15%. The product involved pricing trucking parts at three different price levels. Pricing updates were sent to dealers and the master price list was maintained on the host. As invoices were submitted from the vendor, they were verified on the host to ensure the client was getting charged the lowest price.
● Supported cash and credit card systems for NTS – National Trucking Systems, while heading the design of new debit card platform.
Presidents Club GEM Award. 04/98
Nominated and received GEM award for highest level of excellence and achievement for “Going the Extra Mile”.
Senior Programmer Analyst – Zale Corporation. Irving, Texas 05/94 – 02/95
● Designed mainframe conversion process of the Authorization System to an AIX/RISC 6000 platform. Developed data flow diagrams, system flowcharts, and wrote conversion programs. Analyzed billing processes to create download files and integrated upload files into the current billing cycle. Developed interface programs in MicroFocus COBOL downloading files for unit testing. Upon completion, all programs were uploaded to the mainframe for integration testing. Senior Programmer Analyst - Lomas Information Systems. Dallas, Texas 02/93 – 05/94
● Developed and designed on-line software enhancements in CICS using SDF for mortgage and banking industries including Loan Processing and Secondary Marketing Systems. Coordinated software moves from development regions to AQC region for final certification. Followed up with AQC and dealt with any problems found.
● Sole support for Conduit Management System. In charge of analysis and design for enhancements, and for coding/testing/moving all projects to production. Responsible for on-call support.
Programmer Analyst - Aegon, U.S.A. North Richland Hills, Texas 04/92 – 02/93
● Supported the PMSC long-term care insurance package with an emphasis on billing systems. Monitored and supported daily and monthly batch cycles and addressed any problems encountered with production.
● Analyzed and implemented enhancements to packaged systems as needed by users. Responsible for on-call activity.
Senior Programmer Analyst - Edisto Resources, Inc. Dallas, Texas 01/90 – 03/92
● Coordinated, analyzed, and implemented system enhancements and modifications for Authority for Expenditure (AFE), drilling, property and budget systems during AS/400 downsizing.
● Quickly adapted to relational database environment, gained AS/400 knowledge and effectively acquired RPG/III and CL skills. Extensively modified Artesia’s software package developing on- line screens utilizing subfiles.
● Revamped AFE system to expedite flexible budget posting/unposting on-line and expanded reporting functions. Conducted AFE training and overview for users.
● Restructured the Drilling System to incorporate checks and balances to insure accurate daily reporting. Created high level summaries and year end reports. Senior Programmer Analyst - Fleming Companies, Inc. Dallas, Texas 07/88 – 01/90
● Supported six off-site divisions of Fleming Companies; including on-call responsibility. Key player in the conversion of the Dallas General Merchandising Division unique system to Fleming’s F.O.O.D.S. System. This involved writing conversion programs and testing for the new system. The project entailed maintaining the old system in addition to enhancing both systems to have current modifications. Required extensive user contact.
● Traveled to Geneva, Alabama division for a major conversion of the entire system replacing a unique system with the F.O.O.D.S System. This required extensive system testing and writing conversion programs on-site for the new system. Traveled to other divisions to install new releases of the F.O.O.D.S. System. Maintained CICS programs for the Accounting package.
● Designed, developed, and installed (PIP) Productivity Improvement Performance System for warehouse staff to gauge picking productivity. Supported PIP system for entire region.
● Key member of project team that developed and installed (DSD) Direct Store Delivery System enabling product to be directly delivered to customers bypassing warehouse.