Date of birth
Driving license category
Detail-oriented and reliable
Accounts Controller with strong
skills in customer rela ons,
planning, organizing, and problem-
solving. Knowledge of ﬁnancial
reconcilia ons, general ledgers
and ﬁnancial repor ng procedures.
Proven ability to adapt to changes
in opera onal needs and
Me culous accoun ng
professional with more than 10
years of experience in all aspects
of ﬁnancial management including
reconcilia ons, general ledger
accoun ng, and customer
rela ons management. Strong
technical abili es with
commitment to accuracy. Proven
ability to eﬀec vely collaborate
with a team. Ambi ons to work
and grow in a reputable and
TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS
FINANCIAL RECORDS AND
EXCEL IN [AREAS OF EXPERTISE]
REPORTS GENERATION AND ANALYSIS
CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS
Pick 'n Pay
May 2015 - Present
• To aid management in their decision-making, prepared detailed ﬁnancial reports on opera ons and risk assessments.
• Assessed ﬁnancial status, credit, property assets of applicants in order to determine the possibility of gran ng a loan.
• Performed Human Resources responsibili es, including resolving team conﬂicts, conduc ng annual performance reviews, hiring and ﬁring employees, providing training, arranging staﬀ schedules, recording staﬀ a endance and hours worked, and handling payroll du es.
• Increased branch loyalty by providing strong customer service to new and exis ng ﬁnancial clients.
• Iden ﬁed needs of new customers and delivered suitable products, thus increasing customer base.
• Analyzed budget plans and current expenditures and recommended changes and/or updates to reﬂect trends in the industry.
• Increased proﬁciency and eﬃciency of daily opera ons and maximized branch revenues.
• Capturing of supplier tax invoices in system.
• Prepara on of monthly recons for suppliers.
• Prepara on of creditors and debtors age analysis.
• Processing of account paymets via online banking.
• Debtors collec ons.
• Pe y cash reconcilia on.
• Fleet maintenance.
• Prepara on and submission of VAT 201 and EMP501 recons.
• SARS eﬁling returns.
Mar 1999 - Apr 2015
• Assessed cost controls and provided accurate and mely ﬁnancial data to aid in establishing corporate goals.
• Used So line VIP to record and accurately calculate payroll.
• Conducted monthly reconcilia on of bank statements before distribu ng them to department heads.
• Calculated sales tax requirements on paid invoices.
• Used a program to produce daily spreadsheets to make ﬁnancial repor ng more eﬀec ve.
• Managed and ensured accuracy of 100% for bookkeeping and payroll procedures and submi ng accurate tax payments.
• Responsible for quickly and accurately upda ng employee banking data and ensuring conﬁden ality.
• Maintained organized and accurate records by coding invoices correctly.
• Implemented new accoun ng procedures to increase eﬃciency of recording transac ons and decrease me and costs.
• Prepared bank reconcilia ons, conducted ﬁeld audits and reviewed the accuracy of accoun ng records to minimize discrepancies and correct mistakes immediately.
• Veriﬁed and reconciled journal entries and balances to process.
• Used SAP to veriﬁed accuracy of deposits and ensured all entries were reconciled with bank statements.
• Improved eﬃciency of opera ons by using accoun ng so ware to record and analyze data.
• Using mathema cal skills, calculated totals, checked ﬁgures, and corrected mistakes found in physical and digital ﬁles.
• Responsible for documen ng accounts receivable
electronically and pos ng items in ledger.
• Conducted bank reconcilia ons and produced ﬁnancial reports that veriﬁed procedures were done correctly and accurately.
English,Afrikaans,Mathema cs,Accoun ng,Biology and Typing Durban
MS Oﬃce suite
Word, excel, email, internet
MOKSA ELECTRICAL Accounts Controller
PICK 'N PAY Accounts Clerk
Senior Cer ﬁcate
Flat O, Door 5, Daﬀodil Drive, Tongaat,
Durban, 4399, South Africa