Neal D. Bilyeu
41N Calle Aragon
Laguna Woods, CA 92637
I have an excellent background in Architectural Design - Interior & Exterior, Structural Design, Plan Production, Consultant Coordination, Project Management and Construction Administration. I believe I am best suited for this position based upon my experience and knowledge, bringing a seasoned team player to you firm. I am dependable and prompt, making the extra effort to complete projects on schedule and on budget. I am innovative and strive to keep current with new systems & technologies.
The majority of my experience has been leading Commercial/Retail/Restaurant projects. I have been involved with many projects from initiation of Schematic Design concepts, coordination and implementation of Design concepts into Construction Documentation then following the project through Construction Administration to completion. Although the majority of my experience has been leading commercial/retail/restaurant projects, I was Lead Project Coordinator responsible for overall coordination of 30 multi-unit freestanding residential guest cottages of a four-star Resort in Sonoma Valley while with WATG, a leading High End Hospitality and Resort Design firm. I have also been involved with other Custom Residential projects in various capacities Listed below are my qualifications:
• 38 years Architectural Design & Production / 6 years Structural Engineering – Production/Hospitality
• Restaurant (18 years) / Commercial/Concrete & Steel Structure / Residential/Hotel & Resort / Parking Structures
• 20 years Project Management / Construction Administration / Client Interaction / Plan Check Processing
• Site Planning & Design / Utilities Coordination / Civil & Grading Coordination / Landscaping
• Entitlements / Preliminary Schematic Design / Design Development / Construction Documentation / Consultant Coordination
• Interior Design / Space Planning / Materials Selection & Specs for furniture, fabric, finish, color & fixtures
• Restaurant & Hospitality Furniture & Fixtures
• Custom Cabinetry Design / Millwork Design & Details / Kitchen Equipment Design
• Expertise in Uniform Building Codes & ADA Accessibility Code Requirements
• Ability to multi-task, work on multiple projects at once, and meet multiple deadlines
• Strong presentation & communication skills/Create CAD Standards & Detail Libraries / Freehand Sketching
• 23 years AutoCAD proficiency – current with 2019 AutoCAD / Revit 2010 / Google Sketchup
• MS Word / Excel / Powerpoint / MS Project / Adobe Acrobat / Photoshop Employment History
• February ’16 to October ’20 - KSP Studio (Please DO NOT contact this Employer) Lake Forest, CA Project Management from Schematic Design to Design Development to Construction Documentation of several projects for Self-storage center clients in California including Public Storage, US Storage, Extra Space Storage
• April ’14 to Jan. ’16 - Hatch Design Group Costa Mesa, CA Interior & Kitchen Design Coordination from Schematic Design to Design Development to CADD Documentation of Resort venues and Restaurants.
• Jan. ’09 to Apr. ‘14 Self-Employed (Salary negotiable) Costa Mesa, CA Project Coordination from Schematic Design to Design Development to CADD Documentation of several project types ranging from Residential to Restaurant and Industrial including Southern California Edison Co., Los Angeles County MTA, Taco Bell, Marriott & Hilton Hotels (Also updating Revit BIM skills)
• Feb. ‘07-Dec. ‘08 Wimberly, Allison, Tong & Goo (WATG) - Ending Salary $82,000 Irvine, CA Two (2) years experience in Project Coordination from Schematic Design to Design Development to CADD Documentation of several large Five-Star Resorts and Destination Hotels including Saggio Hills Resort in Sonoma County, CA; River Rock Casino and Hotel Sonoma County, CA; Wynn Encore Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV. (Also learning Revit BIM system)
0ctober 12, 2020
• May ‘04-Jan. ‘07 Nuttall-Uchizono Associates - Ending Salary $65,000 Costa Mesa, CA Two (2+) years experience in Project Management from Preliminary Design, Development and CADD Documentation of several large upscale restaurants for various major restaurant chains including McGrath’s Fish House, El Torito, B.J.s Restaurant & Brewery, Don Callendar Specialties.
• 1999-2004 Fred Cook Architects - Ending Salary $55,000 Costa Mesa, CA Five (5) years experience in Project Management from Preliminary Design, Development and CADD Documentation of over forty (40) restaurants for various major restaurant chains including KFC, Taco Bell, A & W, Long John Silvers’, Arby’s, Rubio’s, Fazoli’s and King’s Hawaiian Bakery.
• 1993-99 William Simpson & Associates - Ending Salary $48,000 Newport Beach, CA Seven (7) years experience in the Preliminary Design, Development and CADD Documentation of over twenty
(20) commercial tilt-up concrete buildings and other specialty projects. Senior Structural CADD Draftsman and Job Captain for Phase I and Phase II of the Spectrum Center in Irvine, CA. Implementation of Architectural and Structural CADD standards and Detail libraries.
• 1987-92 International Parking Design - Ending Salary $44,000 Costa Mesa, CA Six (6) years experience in the Preliminary Design, Development, CADD Documentation and Construction Administration phases of over twenty (20) steel reinforced concrete parking structures with the largest west coast parking consultant firm. Capacities included Senior Draftsman, Job Captain and Project Manager interfacing with major Hospital, Institutional and Commercial projects.
• 1987 Armstrong Fabricators Irvine, CA
• 1986 PBS Building Systems Anaheim, CA
• 1986 McLean & Shultz Fullerton, CA
• 1985-86 Tarlos & Associates Irvine, CA
• 1977-85 Carl Karcher Enterprises Anaheim, CA
Eight (8) years experience in Architectural prototype design & development of over 100 restaurants for one of the nation’s largest fast food chains. Capacities included Site Planner, Senior Draftsman, Interior Design Coordinator and Job Captain.
• 1976-77 Wood Lighting Company Irvine, CA
One (1) year of work experience in design & development of commercial and residential custom light fixtures. Education
• 1990 Golden West College Huntington Beach, CA
• CADD / AutoCAD Learning Center
• 1988 Consolidated Reprographics Tustin, CA
• CADD / DataCAD Learning Center
• 1975-76 Coastline Community College Costa Mesa, CA One (1) year of Construction Inspection Standards relating to Uniform Building Code requirements for concrete, steel and wood-frame construction with minor emphasis on electrical, mechanical and plumbing code requirements.
• 1973-75 Orange Coast College Costa Mesa, CA
Two (2) years Architectural hand-drafting & design, construction technique and artistic presentation courses in Community College
• 1973 Graduate – Estancia High School Costa Mesa, CA Four (4) years Mechanical and Architectural hand-drafting.
• Minor Studies
• Art / Physics / Psychology / Physical Education
• Personal Interests
• Church & Family Life / Music / Art / Sports / Woodworking / Photograghy