University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
BACHELOR OR ARTS /BUSINESS
University of Phoenix
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS
University of Phoenix
2013 - 2015
Certifications in Bookkeeping and
Financial & Auditing
General Accounting and
Highly motivated professional with excellent administrative and customer service skills with close to 15 years of tax analysis and accounting experience, including:
• Managing accounting and tax analyst duties for 3 state government agencies.
• Conducting financial audits for for-profit organizations.
• Master of Accountancy degree
REVENUE TAX AUDITOR
Louisiana Department of Revenue Baton Rouge, LA April 2019 - Jan 2020
Responsible for conducting financial and compliance audits for for-profit organizations statewide, including charitable gaming establishments, such as Bingo Halls
• Conducted Entrance and Exit Conferences for Audit Inspections, including the review of financial statements and tax documents.
• Inspected the Organizations’Machines for proper setup and payment information.
• Coordinated with Organization points of contact to compile data and follow up on any issues or problems identified during audit.
• Attended staff meetings, trainings, composed correspondence, and prepared a variety of reports for senior management. ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN
Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services Baton Rouge, LA
July 2017 to March 2019
Organized accounting records for assigned division using state-specific software
• Managed payments and financial records, including preparing journal entries, and classifying federal and state revenue to proper fiscal year.
• Contacted vendors regarding payments in a fast-paced customer service environment, ensuring timely payments and resolution of problems.
• Processed billing for daily invoices and collected on bad debts.
• Worked collegially with team members to achieve annual Division goals and objectives
Baton Rouge, LA
Available Upon Request
WORK EXPERIENCE CONTINUED
Southern University and A&M College Baton Rouge, LA Jan 2016 - July 2017
Assisted the Accounting Department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and addressing audit discrepancies
• Developed positive rapport with over 75 vendors and suppliers to ensure charges were accurate and payments were received in a timely manner.
• Used financial documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
• Maintained accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory.
• Communicated with clients and vendors to discuss account status, charges, or discrepancies, working to resolve any disputes in a timely and constructive manner.
• Participated in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures.
REVENUE TAX ANALYST
Louisiana Department of Revenue Baton Rouge, LA April 2003 - December 2015
Conducted reviews of taxpayers’financial records for state income, sales, and withholding taxes. Assisted taxpayers with understanding their tax bills and setting up repayment plans, if necessary.
• Reviewed and adjusted taxpayer income, sales, and withholding taxes when incorrectly calculated.
• Prepared correspondence for taxpayer accounts; contacted taxpayers to review tax bills and properly notate accounts.
• Composed revenue reports for senior management on a regular basis.
• Coordinated a variety of tasks in the fast-paced, high-stress customer service environment within the Call Center for a three- month period
Knowledge of all major