Name:Marina Tomé Alonso Address:San Bernardo 4, 28014 Madrid
Contact phone:690300161 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Academic training:
● Management Skills (online course). University Antonio de Nebrija. Madrid, Spain
(September 2020-March 2021)
● Master in Business Administration: Human Resources Management, Vrije University Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2017-2019).
● Bachelor in Labor Relations & Human Resources in Rey Juan Carlos University, Madrid, Spain (2012-2017).
● Business English course in “Cambridge Institute” (March 2013-January 2014).
● Different Italian courses in Rey Juan Carlos University (September 2014-January 2016).
● Intensive Business English by ELS Language centers, University of La Verne, California, USA, July 2016. (Course funded by a grant from IBS Americas Business School).
● Intensive course of Leadership & Human Asset Management, University of La Verne, California, USA, July 2016-August 2016. (Course funded by a grant from IBS Americas Business School)
● Intensive course of Cross-cultural negotiations East-West, Innes Vienna Institute, Vienna, Austria (January 2017)
● Intensive Italian course, Scuola Leonardo da Vinci, Rome, Italy (May 2017-July 2017) Computer Skills:
● Good knowledge of Apple Mac OS X and Windows operating systems
● Good knowledge of web browsers (Mozilla Firefox and its add-ons, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple, Google Chrome) and e-mail applications (Apple, Gmail, Outlook).
● Microsoft Office Package – Good knowledge.
● Good knowledge of Workday & SharePoint.
● Expert user Google spreadsheets
● Expert user in Factorial (HRIS system)
● HR & Recruitment at Seedtag (Leading Company in digital advertising and in-image based in 9 to 11 markets now, but constantly growing since 2014) September-currently:
- Lead on employee satisfaction surveys
- Carry out and put into practice Flex-working projects within the company, taking into account the prevention of occupational risks and the current law related to teleworking.
- Advice on the new Home-office Law in Spain and creation of guide documents and rules to follow.
- Responsible for obtaining visas for expatriates in Latin America, as well as tax advice and health insurance. Be a point of support in these processes as well as legal adviser.
- Support point for new regulations regarding Brexit and how it affects English employees outside the common European framework.
- Responsible for the implementation of a new "Factorial" Human Resources administration system: support point, responsible for information and training to different teams.
- Responsible for the project to create a code of conduct and its information and implementation.
- Responsible for the labor relations project, managing labor information in the different countries in which we carry out our economic activity.
- Support point with the legal representatives of each country.
- Responsible for the complete recruitment and selection process for different vacancies for the company, inside and outside the technology sector.
- Co-Lead the implementation of a human resources platform (Factorial) and database to automate processes that were previously done manually: labor registration, payroll...Along with giving guidance and training to the rest of the employees.
● Global People & Performance (HR) at the Kraft Heinz Company. August 2018 – February 2019 (Amsterdam):
- Global Performance Management: help to analyze the structure of KPI’s, support leaders during the quarterly employee reviews and manage updates regarding Visual Management
- Managing & mapping together with the Performance Manager a standardization process for Labor Relations Process; defining the structure for the European area, coordinate training on this topic and set up policies.
- Talent Acquisition, Retention, and other HR related subjects.
- Support day-to-day tasks of all HR functions, participate in a variety of projects and experience HR in one of the largest food companies in the world.
● HR Assistant at “Awaiting Eyes Foundation” (NPO), London, United Kingdom
(March 2015- October 2015).
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities, (coordinate HR projects, deal with employee requests regarding human resources, properly handle complaints and grievance procedures.
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees; participate in recruitment efforts, set appointments, arrange meetings and maintain calendars of the HR management team.
- Supporting the HR Manager and in close cooperation with all the other departments of the company, dealing with all the Human Resources activities, including recruitment & selection of candidates, labour relations, and training & development. In particular:
- Interviewing job applicants, reviewing applications and resumes, evaluating applicant skills, and making recommendations regarding applicant qualifications,
- Preparation and management of company structure, job documentation and job evaluation system,
- Design and management of new employees’ induction activities;
- Providing advice, assistance and follow-ups on company policies, procedures and documentation,
- Recommending, developing and maintaining human resource databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Additional responsibilities: Assisting and completing any other tasks required by the Manager of the department, the Operations Officer or the director. Moreover, help to develop the employer branding strategy by providing a positive image of the company, and participating in job career fairs and university campus events.
Another work experience:
● Replacement as cleaning assistant at retirement home “Nuestra Señora Del Carmen”, Madrid, Spain (2009).
● Volunteer/Assistant at Cooperative Dulcamara, Bologna, Italy (July-August 2014)
● Saleslady at Mascaró, Madrid, Spain (October 2014-May 2015)
● Volunteer translator Erasmus student network, Madrid, Spain(November 2015-currently)
● Volunteer at Nugent, Liverpool, United Kingdom (September 2016-December 2016)
● Promoter and stewardess for Njoy experiences, Madrid, Spain(December 2016-January 2017)
● Volunteer student Ambassador for Vrije University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (September 2017-June 2019)
● Volunteer ambassador for Study Portals (August-currently)
● Representative as a member of Master Club for HRM Master at Aureus Student Association, Amsterdam, ( 2017-2019)
● Stewardess for Nexus Azafatas, Madrid (October 2019-November 2020)
● Image stewardess for Kellongs, Madrid, Spain (October 2020) Social Skills and competencies:
Good social skills, the ability to adapt to any situation, competencies acquired in the different working/studying environments mentioned above and mainly during international experiences, where it was necessary to manage relations with different people from around the world. I’m also used to working in teams and to offer my knowledge and skills to get the best results and to solve problems.
Languages: Spanish (mother tongue), English (bilingual), Italian (B2-C1), Portuguese (basic), Dutch