Innovative and versatile professional with 16+ years of cumulative Graphic Design experience. Applies a client-driven approach to develop immersive and engaging graphic and product concepts based on defined client needs and established brand standards. A positive and results-driven collaborator, able to synthesize insights from various SMEs and stakeholders, and produce a wide range of deliverables from traditional marketing collateral and social media graphics to trade show displays across multiple industries with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas and Hi-tech industries. KEY TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES INCLUDE:
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Acrobat Pro)
• Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint)
• CMS (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Cascading Style Sheets, HTML, Analytics)
• Design Systems (3D Studio Max, UX Design)
• Technological Skills (Video Production, SLR Photography, Drawing Sketch Artist) C O R E S K I L L S A N D C O M P E T E N C I E S
• Digital Media Production
• Quality Assurance & Control
• Prepress/Colour Management
• Subject Matter Analysis
• Omni-Channel Marketing/Brand Consistency
• Design Project Development & Management
• Visual Story Telling
• Creative Asset Management
• Multidisciplinary Collaboration
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Freelance, 2015 – Present
Delivers consistently engaging and immersive creative solutions for a wide range of energy and hi-tech clients, managing design portfolios and stewarding brand standards throughout project lifecycle to create various multimedia assets and marketing collateral for use across, print, social media and other digital platforms. NOTABLE HIGHLIGHTS
Directly contributed to design and development for internal training manuals for Canada’s largest single source synthetic crude oil producer, engaging directly with key stakeholders and SMEs to define industry expectations and inform design elements. Collaborated remotely with a Silicon Valley-based tech start-up called Civil Maps to create a diverse range of deliverables including marketing collateral, infographics, social media content, and large-scale product exhibits for presentation at CES 2018 and 2019. Developed social media banners and other graphic illustrations for executive and investor-level presentations at Zoox in Silicon Valley, supporting innovative self-driving car technology. AREAS OF PROVEN PERFORMANCE
• Client Needs Assessment: Leverages exceptional interpersonal skills to engage with key client stakeholders, representatives, and internal SMEs, defining project scope, brand standards, and other requirements while providing informed insight on innovative and industry-leading design concepts to drive content development.
• Omni-Channel Content Creation: Applies proven design-thinking principles to develop highly immersive and engaging concepts for a diverse range of graphic deliverables including corporate presentation decks, infographics, cross-platform marketing collateral, and trade show displays. Ensures consistent adherence to established brand standards and unique client needs.
• Cross-Functional Communication: Fosters a working culture rooted in open communication to ensure cohesive collaboration across project lifecycle, seamlessly translating client-driven directives into tangible action plans and design concepts while ensuring continuous alignment to both internal and industry-wide standards, expectations and trends.
• Project Management: Draws on highly organized nature to effectively prioritize tasks and ensure all deliverables are provided on-time and on-scope while providing ongoing status updates and progress reports to relevant clients and stakeholders. C O L I N R O E K E 403-***-**** email@example.com SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Pason Systems Inc., 2009 – 2015
Collaborated closely with sales, technical writers and UX design teams to coordinate large- and small-scale design projects in support of omni-channel marketing initiatives. Positioned as key designer and leading voice on all brand identity management, corporate alignment, and overarching quality control standards. NOTABLE HIGHLIGHTS
Achieved internal recognition for ongoing exemplary work ethic and creative direction to lead development and integration of new designs into Pason Systems Inc. investor reports distributed to employees, managers, clients, and investors. Directly supported content design and ongoing maintenance for dedicated company website, utilizing CMS/HTML to iteratively improve site features and drive a seamless and intuitive user interface. AREAS OF PROVEN PERFORMANCE
• Industry Research & Design Analysis: Collaborated with SMEs, engineers and UX team to establish product design needs, including user testing, ensuring effective user experiences, while withstanding potential environmental factors.
• Team Management: Assessed project scope to determine and coordinate task deadlines, liaising with CSR’s and web specialists as needed to ensure effective and efficient project completion and success.
• Developing & Executing Creative Strategies: Supported development of conceptual designs and illustrations to utilize in high- profile project launches and proposals to win new business and attract investors. Used similar strategies for marketing campaigns, branding & identity, internal training, email campaigns and social media engagement. GRAPHIC ARTIST
University of Calgary – Human Performance Lab, 2004 – 2009 Created all manner of lecture, research, publication, and conference visuals for university professors, performing extensive research on complex areas of scientific study to determine appropriate multimedia product conceptualization and product delivery across mediums including technical illustrations, text books, websites, CDs, animation, videography, and photography. F O R M A L E D U C A T I O N
NEW MEDIA PRODUCTION AND DESIGN DIPLOMA
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, 2002
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Visual Design & Visual Communication Branding & Marketing Strategy Corporate Communication & Project Management SLR Photography Video Production Writing & Post-Production Interpersonal Communication