I’m writing to express my interest in your company’s creative
department. I possess a wide range of abilities that combine art techniques and innovative principles to connect people. My greatest attribute in design is the ability to create ideas. I’m very confident that I will be an asset to your company from the first day. In 2015, I earned my bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications with a concentration in graphic design from Alabama State University in Montgomery, Alabama. I have cultivated a working knowledge of various design tools, specializing in Adobe Creative Suite, which allow me to create and execute new concepts that push the envelope.
My background includes working state government, Media, corporate,
& freelance graphic design jobs. I’ve developed numerous marketing programs (i.e., Branding, logos, photography, typography, brochures, newsletters, infographics, power point presentations, advertisements, teaching and public speaking). I produce strong web content for platforms such as WordPress, WIX, and all social media outlets. One of the highlights in my career is designing a brochure for DC Metro Alumni Chapter College Fund in a collaborate effort the organization raised over
$20,000 for scholarships over the course of four (4) months. Please see my resume for a more detailed review. I welcome the opportunity to discuss with you personally how my skills and strengths can best serve your company. Please contact me via e-mail
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 202-***-****).
Im willing to relocate.
Im willing to travel, national and internationally. I appreciate your time and consideration. Respectfully, Brandon-www.RambusDesigns.Mykal com/Rambus portfolio Graphic Designer / Photographer
Sightline Media Group News and Media outlet Fulltime 40 hrs a week Editorial Specialist December 2018 - April 2020 Project: SMG
• Layout design for nine editorial news publications for all Federal Government and Department of Defense.
• As a result of my contributions, we reached a record number of 203K in SMG’s print audience.
• Developed original logos, & advertisments; made data visualization infographics that explain charts or graphs.
• Created mock articles for management and editorial team meetings, to review covers and language.
• Managed documents and photos for the content management system.
• Develop promotional advertisements for products and services targeting retired veterans and service members. Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission State Government Fulltime 40hrs a week Exhibit Coordinator II April 2017- April 2018 Project: M-NCPPC
• Planned, coordinated, and developed art exhibits that were ADA compliant for parks and recreation facilities in Montgomery County Maryland.
• Designed and constructed large signage, banners, flyers, ads and awards for Maryland State Park Service, Park Police Division, and several state-government facilities.
• Designed and developed the annual Halloween event theme graphics that displays various characters depicting the trick-or-treating holiday – Parks set a record for fundraising within the last decade.
• Familiar with the use of wood, metal, plastics, paints, vinyl, glass, adhesives, fasteners, concrete, laminate, fabrics, paper, inks, typography, large format Roland and HP digital printers, Roland vinyl cutters, Seal laminators, Multicam-3 Axis CNC router and power tools to create family-friendly exhibits or instructional signs that are ADA compliant.
MinuteMan Press Design and Print Agency Fulltime 40 hrs a week Graphic Designer / Production Artist December 2016 – April 2017.
• Planned and designed moderately complex professional layouts. Designed materials such as brochure, flyers, ads, articles, posters, newsletters, displays, signage, graphic illustrations, and logos for various types of media.
• I started Minute Man Press Social Media for Instagram, creating new content and connection to cleints.
• Held consultations with small-business owners to breakdown creative briefs and develop marketing strategies.
•Developed on-brand marketing materials, such as color theory, typography, and style to match a brand’s imagery. Verizon Digital Media Network Television and Digital Service Provider 35 hrs a week Television Production Assistant March 2016 – April 2017
• Remotely (from Verizon facility) Assisted/instructed with studio and field production equipment including camera, lighting, audio and technical set-up during live news broadcasts for notable companies such as ESPN, ESPN International, Fox News, Fox Business, NCCA, SEC Network, & NBA.
• Maintained a team-oriented work ethic for 12 hours a day where I was trusted with managing taped and live television programming.
communication skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff
• Controlled and operated video monitor and audio captioning during live broadcasted events.
• Granted viewing access to all subscribers and Networks television companies.
• Implemented national network breaks and local commercial breaks. Finalized episodes and recorded data into excel spreadsheets.
• Selected colors, images, typography, and layouts that meet branding requirements created infographics and design templates, for owners to use for their employees. EDUCATION
Alabama State University Montgomery, AL
BA in Visual Communication, concentration in Graphic Design, Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL, May 2015 AD in Graphic Design of at Prince George’s Community College, Largo, MD, August 2012 Sightline Media Group, Vienna, VA
Photographer December 2018 to April 2020
• As the Lead photographer managed 3-6 employees for major corporate events with Sightline Media Group.
• Retouching photographs in Photoshop & Lightroom according to the client’s needs. Processed, cataloged, and delivered photographs, in a timely manner.
Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Gaithersburg, MD Event Photographer December 2016 to April 2017
• Photographed important or moments of Southern Area events and programs for print, web, and social media.
• Edited and touched up photographs in Photoshop, Lightroom according to the client’s needs. Processed, cataloged, and delivered photographs, in a timely manner. Washington DC Metro Alumni Chapter
Visual Information Specialist Chair Member Asst. Speech Writer August 2012 – Present volunteer
• Used programs like Photoshop, InDesign, illustrator and PowerPoint presentations to improve UI/UX, created brochures, and photography for marketing. Helped raise over $25,000 for students’ scholarships
• Designed a custom stage set for our Annual Scholarship presentation ceremony.
• Coordinator on CEP team to set up and implement virtual workshops and awards ceremonies using Zoom video conference, More than 200 people participated.
• Facilitate meetings and Co-organized invitations for students, alumni, faculty, ASU Board members, School VP and President. Special invitations for Donors and government officials. Developed IT rehearsals and program walkthroughs to ensure all parties are prepared. Set up and Controlled lighting, camera angles, and photography. Utilized knowledge of filming techniques edited the 3-hour event to a shortened highlight reel. Local Foxes Magazine, Montgomery AL
Desktop Publisher Remote January 2013 – December 2015 In
• Collaborated with senior editors to develop high-quality conceptual design layout ideas in anticipation of rising industry trends.
• I ensured layouts maintained the magazine balance of visual harmony and a level of hierarchy that truly engaged readers. I primarily used programs such as Adobe InDesign, in conjunction with Photoshop and illustrator.
• I designed advertisements for local retail companies to accurately capture the clients’ voices, correctly convey the message, and promote their brand.
Creativty Leadership Managment Brand Development Storyboard draft Web Design Advertisting Photography
Product Photography Composite Photography Photo retouching Presentation Graphics Zoom Meeting cordination Socail Media Customer services Videography Design Skills
Adobe Suite InDesign Illustrator Photoshop Premiere Pro Light Room Microsoft Suite Power Point
Zoom Meeting cordination Socail Media Power Point Print Production CNC) Machine eCommerce
Premiere Pro Wordpress Vinyl Printing
Ross Department Store
Primary objective is to monitor and deter internal and external theft, while maintaining a safe work environment. Managed a team of 12 security guards staff of 38 store employees. T Mobile
Sales lead & Business Rep
Utilizes observation guides for Mobile Business Accounts in an effort to coach and develop the team members. 4 years of customer services and sales.
Alabama State University
IT Tech Assistant
Setting up & configuring software on Mac and windows machines, troubleshooting issues encountered with the software product. Scanning historical documents for Library archives. AWARDS Project: Timeless-Style
American Advertising Federation (AAF), American Advertising Award, 2015 Silver Addy Winner “Timeless Style”, advertisement campaign for Michael Kors suit and watch collections. Brandon-Mykal Rambus Brandon-Mykal Rambus