Ruth Tadesse Résumé
Arlington, VA 22204
Technologically savvy knowledge worker with strong database, research and analytical skills. Organized, efficient, and precise communicator with strong liaison skills. Effective multi- tasker. Takes initiative appropriately. Possesses strong self-management skills. Effective in domestic and international corporate environments. Fluent in German. TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
Applications: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) Graphics: Adobe Acrobat Professional 10 and Adobe Photoshop CS6, CutePDF, Foxit Pro Databases: ACT, MS Access
Specialized programs: Concur, Survey Monkey, BadgePRO Plus, Memo Processing, Finder, iQuest
Event Management: CVENT
Languages: dBase, COBOL, PASCAL
Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8.1, XP, Vista and 7/ Office 365 EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Executive Assistant March 2005 - Present
Investment Company Institute Washington D.C.
• Provide a wide range of administrative support for Chief Counsel and attorney staff.
• Maintain and manage the contacts database with excess of 3000 contacts and international associations.
o Create international and domestic Outlook contacts for 3 attorneys.
• Maintain and track the international affairs department budget for travel and outside counsel
o Provide a monthly report to Chief Counsel detailing budgeting and expenses for more than 3 departments
o Provide accounting quality control for the general ledger
• Manage all aspects of domestic and heavy international travel including meeting and event management, the development of briefing books and coordinating expenses.
• Coordinate and manage various committee meetings/international events and video conference calls with participants in multiple time zones.
• Managed all aspects of international conferences and workshops including participant coordination, the scheduling/preparation of meeting space, planning of off-site events. Locations include but not limited to; U.S., Asia, Europe, and the Virgin Islands.
• Mange speaker’s forms, presentation materials and slide shows for lecture presentations oversee CVENT registration of attendees, coordinate meeting venues, arrange moderator-panelist practice sessions; create electronic conference binder for over 800+ pages; travel to conference site to supervise presentation flows and analyze results of conference attendee evaluations. Ruth Tadesse
Page 2 of 3
• Provide high level customer service to members/non-members to annual meetings, conferences, webinars and conference calls for over 100+ participants.
• Foster relationships with leaders of the international association community, functioning as a liaison during high profile conferences and events
• Served as main contact for the International Investment Funds Association member countries for annual meetings held in Washington, DC. (40 countries) including being responsible for countries that require visa to enter the U.S.
• Responsible for all International Investment Funds Association committee meetings held in Washington DC. (7 committees)
Account Executive June 2002 – August 2004
Curtis J. Hoxter Inc. New York City
• Managed the accounts of several European financial institutions for this international consulting and public relations company.
• Established and maintained customer relationships.
• Organized press conferences.
• Performed Internet-based research for promotional packages.
• Maintained and updated databases. Proofread and distributed a weekly confidential newsletter to organizations, worldwide.
Human Resources Secretary February 2001 – March 2002 Clinic of Hannover Hannover, Germany
• Administered a broad spectrum of human resources issues for 200+ staff.
• Prepared reference letters.
• Processed all paperwork for students and employees.
• Organized meetings. Prepared correspondence.
Executive Assistant October 1998 to December 2000
SIEMENS Washington, DC
• Created and maintained spreadsheets that tracked revenue and expenditures.
• Accurately and promptly reported business flow and trends to German headquarters.
• Prepared arrangements and accommodations for staff travel.
• Documented expense reports.
• Organized the company’s international imaging fairs.
• Proofread, produced, and disseminated office correspondence. Executive Assistant to the President December 1995 to July 1998 PRINZEN Cosmetics Hannover, Germany
• Managed budgeting process. Administered corporate advertising and marketing programs.
• Managed payroll, insurance enrollment, and orientation for an 80+ staff.
• Scheduled, hired, trained, and supervised staff.
• Monitored supply and demand of company products. Performed management duties in the absence of the president.
Page 3 of 3
Administrative Assistant January 1991 to November 1995 IG-Skilauf GmbH Hannover, Germany
• Managed accounts payable and accounts receivable for this winter sports company. Reconciled bank accounts.
• Responsible for treasury management, including collection, control and deposit of cash.
• Managed reservations and accommodations for 700 clients annually. EDUCATIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
Executive Administrative Assistant Degree
(Wirtschaftsassistentin fur Sekretariat und Korrespondenz) - Associate Degree Berufsfachschule Hannover Computer Operations Specialist - Associate Degree
(Wirtschaftsassistentin fuer Informatik)
High School Diploma (Fachoberschule Wirtschaft Hannover) Languages: German, Ethiopian, Eritrean