SURIYA PRAKASH. J
+1-316-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.linkedin.com/in/suriyaprakashjayachandran EDUCATION
Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Manufacturing Engineering (GPA-3.72/4) Jan 2019- Dec 2020 Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (GPA-3.34/4) Aug 2013-April 2017 Anna University, Chennai, India
• Process tools: 5S, 8D, ABC inventory, Six Sigma, VSM, Poka-yoke, ERP, TQM, PDCA, RCA, ISO 13485, AS9100, Kepner-Tregoe (Problem Solving tool), Control Charts, SPC charts, DOE, PFMEA, APQP, OEE and Kaizen activities.
• Software: R, Python, C++, ORACLE (basics), SAP, Creo, SQL, Mini-Tab, Tableau, Tensor Flow, Pro-E, Auto CAD, MAT LAB, Stat Graphics, Design Expert, Neural Ware, MS Excel and MS Office Suites. WORK EXPERIENCE
GRADUATE TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT (Wichita State University), Wichita, Kansas July 2019 – Present
* Performed process and work-flow analysis to facilitate ergonomic improvements by reporting under the director of program.
* Assisted the patrons by maintaining their confidential documents such as 1040 Tax Form, FAFSA and SSN information.
* Maintained documentation standards and followed the project management tools in defining timeline for stocking inventory. MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Heavy Duty Department)
Amalgamation Valeo (French Manufacturer), Chennai, India (Oct 2017- Dec 2018)
• Directed the plant floor employees by implementing Hoshin-Kanri methodology focussing on Continuous Improvement.
• Created a multi-level BOM’s by exhibiting the parent-child relation of all the components in manufacturing of the clutch.
• As a part of shot peening robot implementation team, designed a facilities layout of shop floor for free flow of parts from production cells to assembly cell by reducing the 34% of material handling and product lead time.
• Designed and executed DMAIC based on end to end process improvement which helped in reduction of waste by 40%.
• Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Travelled 25% in a year.
JUNIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Entry Level)
LBS Energy, Chennai, India (Aug 2017- Sep 2018)
• Developed a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to train shop floor employees to carry out complex routine operations.
• Supported cross functional teams in manufacturing process to achieve quality and overall cost reduction.
• Communicated with the design team and performed gage R & R calibrations and FMEA skills.
• Inspected the quality of raw materials from the supplier using AQL sampling plans, used PPAP to qualify the parts.
• Experienced in MIL-STD-883 standards and AS9100 QMS’s to maintain products in international standards. MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING INTERN
RELIANCE HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY, Chennai, India (May 2016-June 2016)
• Utilized AutoCAD software to create drawings of automotive manufacturing facilities to improve the line performance.
• Used Six Sigma/CI methodologies to identify delays in the projects and make the process more efficient.
• Investigated customer issues via root cause and corrective action (RCCA) methodologies.
• Transformed regular part storage bins into smart bins, which eliminates wrong part selection using Poka-Yoke. TECHNICAL PROJECTS
* Analysed the current trends (COVID-19) in flow of materials at KRT LLC, to create a VSM for eliminating the motion waste and also applied Kanban process to reduce the overstocking of inventory by 40%. (Aug 2020-Present)
* Design of Experiment (DoE) to optimize parameters affecting Engine Combustion using Design Expert software, Minitab, SPC, Tuckey test and ANOVA testing to analyse the key nuisance and variations affecting a L4 engine. (Feb-2020)
*Improvement of Clutch Manufacturing process using lean tools, Performed time studies for simulating part and mass production. Implemented 5S, Hejiunka, Waste reduction, Line balancing, Work Standardization and layout manufacturing for moving towards lean. Mapped the current and future states for the assembly line to identify the pace maker's process and implemented pull system to achieve JIT. Reduced cycle time per batch by 72%. (Sep-2019)
* Analysis and Prediction of Stock price for Boeing and Airbus by R programming using ARIMA model along with the group members by predicting the stock price for next 6 months based on the past 10-year data. (May-2019)
* Designed the layout for ABB shot peening robot, to overcome the manually handled carcinogenic process and also designed the arm of the robot which had electro-magnetic gripper as an end-effector using ABB robot studio. (April-2018)
* Design and Fabrication of groundnut decorator and separator using AUTOCAD and Pro E as the source and fabrication was done using lathe, welding and riveting processes. (Oct-2015) Certification: SME certified- Lean Bronze, SSGI certified- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.