JUAN CARLOS BERNAL
***-** ***** ******** #** . Flushing, NY 11367
email@example.com Mobile: 347-***-****
Senior property manager with 16 years of experience managing residential and commercial real estate, seeking to join a growing dynamic company to contribute to the accomplishment of its goals and in turn, a brighter future for us all. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
LEITER PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Property Manager Brooklyn
• Directly responsible for the daily operations of a portfolio of 300 coops/condo apartments.
• Perform building inspections, including building systems on a routine basis.
• Experience doing annual budgets.
• Organize monthly and annual Board meetings.
• Prepare and deliver monthly management reports in a timely fashion.
• Act as primary contact with property owners, serving as owner representative to ensure objectives are being met.
• Manage and oversee overall property operations, revenue maximization, expense control and owner relations.
• Review alteration agreements including contractor licensing, workers comp certificates and COI requirements.
• Project Manage capital projects as required.
• Hire, train, evaluate and terminate maintenance personnel as needed. SOLSTICE RESIDENTIAL GROUP
Management Executive Manhattan – Brooklyn
• Directly responsible of the monthly and annual Board meetings.
• Expand knowledge and experience managing first class coop/condominium buildings and commercial spaces.
• Oversee Project Management for LL11 and capital projects such as roof replacement, façade repairs, gas conversions and elevator modernization.
• Gain experience developing annual budgets and operating expenses.
• Hire, train and evaluate maintenance staff.
• Oversee the daily operations of several buildings, ensuring building appearance and compliance according to standards and procedures.
THE ARKER COMPANIES. (Progressive Management) Manhattan –Bronx –Queens Manager of Building Operations Commercial / Residential Portfolio 2010-2015 Responsible for the Operations of 400,000 sqf of leased commercial space such as offices, retail stores and supermarkets and of 9 residential buildings, totaling 810 LIHTC affordable housing apartments.
• Provide optimal customer service through phone and email. 24/7 availability.
• Evaluate commercial tenants’ leases and ensure compliance to lease.
• Create and enforce new protocols in the purchasing and expenditure process, to make sure budget expectations are always met and inventories are accurate.
• As a result of analyzing the overpayment of labor without showing a positive feedback, I created a new maintenance personnel schedule in order to avoid unnecessary overtime.
• Assure that accurate records of various project’s status, tenants’ requests, work orders, general maintenance and other data required for the production of property activity reports are maintained. CASTELLAN GROUP (Liberty Place Property Management) Manhattan Property Manager 2009-2010
• Responsible for a portfolio of 13 buildings in upper Manhattan totaling 430 units -- rent stabilized and market rent apartments.
• Scope vacancies (based on budget), coordinate the bids of contractors of gut renovations, ensuring vacancies are fulfilled in a specific timely fashion, making sure quality standards are always met.
• Supervise rent collections (above 95%), verifying aged receivables and delinquency reports are current, and recommend legal actions.
• Designed and developed persuasive advertising and marketing plans and strategies.
• Responsible for the accurate inspection/certification of A,B,C violations issued from HPD. D & F Development. (LTD Management) Manhattan- Bronx-L.I-Bklyn-Queens Junior Property Manager 2006-2009
• Oversee a diversified portfolio of co-ops (sponsors), market-rate, mixed income, tax credit, LIHTC, project base section 8 (HAP CONTRACTS) and HOME apartments in 5 sites totaling 450 Units.
• Regularly inspect properties to determine current and future maintenance needs, issue work orders, inspect and approve work completed.
• Review of NYCHA lease renewals, Tax Credit recertification (TIC’S), monthly postings (Annual HUD certifications) and adjustments, ensuring tenant’s files are always in compliance.
• Directly responsible for MOR audits, making sure scores are ABOVE AVERAGE.
• Directly responsible for REAC inspections, making sure scores are reached above 8.0. OMNI NEW YORK -Reliant Realty NY. N.Y.
On Site-Property Manager. - LIHTC- Project base section 8 2002 – 2006
• Responsible for 380 residential low income tax credit apartments. Ensuring the sites are well-maintained and reflect a quality building image, making sure properties pass surveys and inspections.
• Responsible for the Annual Recertification and interim (Section 8 – Tax Credit) and NYCHA Leases.
• Oversee collection of rent, payments of expenses, compliance with leases and preparation of legal notices.
• Manage the operational and technical requirements of the site, assigning a responsibility matrix.
• Oversee administration of staff (i.e., interviews, training, reviews, payroll, etc) BJ 32 knowledge (UNION). EDUCATION
QUADEL CONSULTING- Housing specialist training (LIHTC and Section 8) New York 2009 / 2011 NEW YORK UNIVERSITY – SCHACK INSTITUTE OF REAL ESTATE New York, NY -- Present
• Real Estate Salesperson Certification
• Certificate in Commercial Property Management, Expected Completion in spring 2020 LA SALLE UNIVERSITY Bogota, Colombia
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration 1995 - 1999 SKILLS: Proficient in Yardi, Avid, Front, Basecamp, Razor Zinc, Outlook, Excel and Word, Fluent in Spanish and skilled in human resource development. Ability to influence people easily, with charm and grace.