TARA F. SCHOBERG
COPYWRITER AND EDITOR
Skilled copywriter and editor with 25 years of experience working in public relations and marketing. In-depth experience producing and polishing persuasive written content of all types -- including weekly e-letters, direct mail promotions, social media content, speeches, webinars, press releases, advertisements, brochures, and website content. Strong background working in a variety of writing styles and voices.
AP STYLEBOOK MASTERY
PROFICIENCY IN MICROSOFT OFFICE SUITE AND WORDPRESS
DEMONSTRATED EDITING, PROOFREADING, AND WRITING SKILLS, WITH CAREFUL ATTENTION TO DETAIL
Freelance Copywriter and Editor
* Creates and edits compelling, persuasive, and unique copy that informs, entertains, inspires, and moves readers to action across a variety of platforms -- including digital, email, print, and social.
* Provides marketing and SEO-driven writing to support promotional campaigns across media channels.
* Support client's brand guidelines and copy standards.
* Conducts market, product and competitive research.
* Manages project timelines and deadlines to ensure timely delivery of all copy.
* Ensures accuracy and fact-checks content.
* Proofreads with a full, working mastery of the AP Stylebook.
* Clients have included the Baltimore Museum of Art, E.magination, Hollywood Casinos, ListenSmart.com, NorthStar Nutritionals, OmniVista Health, and Designing Events.
Freelance E-Letter Editor
* Edits the "Daily Dispatch," a health news e-letter sent 4x weekly to more than 100,000 first-party subscribers. (www.drmicozzi.com/daily-dispatch)
* Builds a distinct "voice" for the Insider expert.
* Distills research from highly technical medical and scientific journals into meaningful, actionable steps that readers can implement into their daily lives.
* Edits e-letters for style, grammar, clarity, engagement, and scientific accuracy.
* Composes all the franchise's social media posts for Twitter (@DrMarcMicozzi) and Facebook (facebook.com/DrMarcMicozzi), aimed at converting readers into first-party paid newsletter subscribers.
*Confers with Insider about his original content to ensure accurate incorporation of alterations and satisfactory resolution of problems/issues.
* Plans, writes, and executes e-letter publishing schedule.
* Edits various online protocols and reports to support the franchise.
* Manages project deadlines to ensure timely delivery of all copy.
Public Relations Manager
The Baltimore Museum of Art
* Lead media contact for Maryland's largest art museum.
* Developed strategic public relations campaigns for exhibitions, programs, and events for a growing local, regional, national, and international audience at Maryland's largest art museum.
* Pitched and landed news stories about the museum to local and top-tier national media, including USA Today, the New York Times, the Today Show, and CBS Sunday Morning.
* Wrote and edited all the department's press materials, including press releases, speeches, website content, and other promotional materials.
* Built relationships with prominent local and national reporters to keep the BMA top-of-mind for relevant upcoming stories.
* Planned and implemented museum press conferences, press preview breakfasts and other special events.
* Supervised television productions onsite.
* Supervised departmental assistants and interns.
Bachelor of Arts
Johns Hopkins University
Master of Fine Arts