Proactive high school student (3.9 GPA) with 1.5+ years of work experience and a proven knowledge of brand
management, client relations, and conflict resolution. Aiming to leverage my abilities to successfully fill the Dentist Assistant role at your company. Frequently praised as adaptable by my peers, I can be relied upon to help your company achieve its goals.
2508 Moffit Way Bakersfield, CA, 93309
CENTRAL VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
High School Diploma (Expected graduation Jun 2022) Relevant Coursework
Awards & Honors
Spanish- Understands, Reads, and Writes.
Little Stars Daycare, Ceres, CA
Sep 2020 - Present
• Maintain a safe play environment.
• Dress children and change diapers.
• Observe and monitor children's play activities.
Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
• Sanitize toys and play equipment.
Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
• Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts. Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents' or guardians' attention.
Assist in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
• Create developmentally appropriate lesson plans. Read to children and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
Perform housekeeping duties, such as laundry, cleaning, dish washing, and changing of linens.
Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
Organize and participate in recreational activities and outings, such as games and field trips.
• Help children with homework and school work.
Perform general personnel functions, such as supervision, training, and scheduling.
Pennystyle. Co Boutique, Ceres, CA
Feb 2020 - Oct 2020
• Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs. Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
• Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise. Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Maintain records related to sales.
• Prepare merchandise for purchase or rental.
Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
• Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
• Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
• Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
• Clean shelves, counters, and tables.
• Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
Sell or arrange for delivery, insurance, financing, or service contracts for merchandise.
Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
• Bag or package purchases, and wrap gifts.
La Hacienda Inc. Restaurant, Ceres, CA
Apr 2019 - Feb 2020
• Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Collect payments from customers.
Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
• Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
• Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
• Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining. Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
• Inform customers of daily specials.
Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
• Escort customers to their tables.
• Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers. Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
References available upon request