YUZHE (ERIC) ZHANG
Phone: 608-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: *** ***** ****, ****** ****, NJ 07302
A team-oriented, mission-driven professional with an academic background in statistics and mathematics coupled with a strong analytical mindset integral to leverage data analytic technique and visualization skills to overcome challenges and providing strategic solutions derived from sound research and insights that exceed client expectations. Proven ability to effectively communicate with team and prepared to play any role. Thorough and meticulous Data Analyst passionate about helping businesses succeed. CORE COMPETENCIES
QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS COMMUNICATION SKILLS MACHINE LEARNING TEXT MINING MODEL BUILDING DATA VISUALIZATION STATISTICAL ANALYSIS DATA MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL/PROGRAMMING SKILLS: R, PYTHON,, SQL,TABLEAU, JAVA, MATLAB, NOSQL DATABASES, Education
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY —M.S. in Applied Analytics —New York, NY Expected Dec 2021 Relevant Coursework: Machine Learning, Data Visualization & Design, Solving Real World Problem, Python for Data Analysis, Modern Database architecture, Strategic Leadership, Storytelling with Data, Introduction to Finance, Applied Analytics Frameworks and Methods, Research Design, Analytics and Leading change, Applied Analytics in Organizational Context UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN, MADISON —B.S. in Statistics—Madison, WI May 2020 Relevant Coursework: Statistical analysis, experimental design, Nonparametric Statistics, Multivariate Calculus, Mathematical Modeling, Linear Algebra, Combinatorics, Theory of Probability, Applied Statistics, Mathematical analysis, Discrete Mathematics, Macro Theory, Micro Theory, Stochastic process, Programming in Java, Programming in R language, Programming in Python Relevant Experience/Projects
Research Project: Cancer Immunotherapy Nov 2019- May 2020
● Identification of cancer antigens recognized by antibody from mice with melanoma cured by their adaptive T cell responses.
● Coordinated meetings with lab members to make strategies and build the database according to peptide sequences.
● Worked with R packages like ggplot2 and dplyr in R to understand data and developing visualizations.
● Improved the accuracy and reliability of the sample selecting/ filtering process and cut the time consumption by 50%
● Refined the research paper abstract submitted to SITC 2020 Annual conference. Python Project: NBA team win percentage prediction with player Social media usage Dec 2019
● Process raw data from Kaggle.com and using python pandas to synthesis social media usage by each team.
● Building statistical model and associate the team win percentage with social media use, results in a multilinear model with R2 as high as 0.732
● Designed interactive data visualization using Matplotlib and Seaborn to prove the results of the analytical models and provide further suggestions which help sports team maintain player’s social media use in order to secure good performance.
● Delivered presentation to Accenture and explained the insights behind the results. Professional Experience
CROWDFUNZ LLC. Data Analyst, Due Diligence and Risk Management Long Island City, NY Sep 2020 to present
• Integrate multiple data sources and process data and Conduct real estate analysis based on collective database of demographic, comparative marketing and other categories using Excel, SQL and Python pandas package.
• Complete data integrity reviews of origination information provided by various sources using loan images, external websites, and other provided resources. Then perform detailed analysis of variances to project, forecast and estimate fanatical risks.
• Compose detailed reports containing comprehensive information and analysis related to the business and operational environment which are published to the investment team SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH Undergraduate Data Analytic Researcher Madison, WI Oct 2019 to May 2020
• Performed data processing and modeling using R language and Python on lab experiment results in order to effectively extract prominent sample from over 700,000 to 1.3 million data points of protein expressions.
• Discussed data analysis procedure and data visualization solutions with biologist and medical scientists in Sondel Lab and designing data illustration sets for research papers and presentations.
• Created plots and charts for data visualization and explanation on lab presentations at weekly research meetings. UW-M CENTER OF FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE Office Assistant Madison, WI April 2019 to April 2020
• Administered physical & digital filing systems of data gathering; revamp and digitize record tracking systems in order to collect data from target crowd.
• Improve data accessibility and transparency for every team member.
• Assisted with administrative tasks, including filing, answering phones and emails as well as face-to-face consulting.
• Supported over 2,000 customers through their orientation program, providing both online and on-site support.
• Managed and relayed internal communications between teams while taking ownership of external correspondence.
• Actively helped team identify general problems and seek feasible, efficient solution as the orientation program goes. PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS Assurance Intern Beijing, China July 2018 to Sept 2018
• Assessed budgets and balance sheets, planned and executed audits according to accepted operating procedures.
• Checked and reconciled data such as bank deposits and payments using Excel, inspected accounts receivable and payable ledgers, and wrote preliminary analysis reports, authored papers and organized supporting documentation. Played a solid role in the auditing team for China Railway Group Limited’s interim audit report.
• Maintained accounting systems and database with accuracy by entering data precisely and proofreading.
• Supplied detailed tax documentation needed to submit accurate corporate returns. NOAH FORTUNE Individual Wealth Management Intern Hohhot, China Dec 2018 to Jan 2019
• Analyzed investment materials from user data using SQL and Python; learned financial techniques to fulfill customer needs and predict favorable investments.
• Created data visualization to increase accuracy of projections.
• Inputted information from customer calls and onsite service visits into the company's system.
• Counseled clients on financial matters and provide recommendations for investment opportunities, products, and services based using multiple data analysis techniques and visualization based on client needs and asset availability.
• Leveraged customer service and consultative sales techniques to exceed sales benchmarks; provided coaching and shared best practices with peers.