MUDICHUR, CHENNAI - 600048
Mobile No: 996-***-****
To take challenging roles in my domain (Paint Field), that ensures consistent enhancement to self and the organization through integrity, excellence, commitment and team building. Professional Summary:
Established and professional credibility with 12+ years experience in Surface treatment, Cathodic Electro deposition, Liquid Paint and Powder coating, with chemical process, quality systems, production yields & testing method.
Highly versatile professional with supervisory skills in driving team for high quality performance & goal achievement and enhancing process improvements for greater efficiency & productivity.
Steep Expertise in Paint & coatings field with exposures in Paint Shop – Production & Quality
Paint Shop – Technical support for OEM Customers
Paint Shop – Manufacturing Engineering,
Had worked with world’s Top MNC in Paint field
Royal Enfield (Presently working)
Asian PPG Industries Ltd
Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd
Chemetall-Rai Pvt Ltd
Had provided Technical support for CED, Primer, Topcoat, Powder Coating & Plastic painting systems for key customers like
TVS Motor Co., Mysore
Hyundai Motors India Ltd, Chennai
Hands of experience in New Paint Project Process design and Execution.
Having rich experience in Paint Technology up gradation.
Trial & Validation of Painting process in initial & continuous ramp up stage.
Hands on experience in Blasting/Paint testing tools.
Process monitoring, optimization & continuous process improvement.
Process flow diagaram, PFMEA and QCPC process documentation.
Robot parameter optimization to achieve the product quality.
Product validation through the testing
Validation of Jigs & Fixtures for PTED, Powder coating, Transporter fixtures.
Coordinate with all suppliers to implement the process to avoid the process rejection.
Powder coating Equipment validation, DFT, Voltage, Powder flow optimization.
Trouble shooting the process related issues and take the counter action.
Responsible for meeting all the quality parameters of coating (Adhesion & Hardness)
Process validation and line approval given in various process stages (Blasting, CED, Powdercoating and Liquid painting.
Control and monitoring the process through observation and audit findings. Key Areas:
• Surface treatment
• Powder Coating
• Liquid Painting
ROYAL ENFIELD (A unit of Eicher Motors Ltd): July 2011 – To till date Designation: Deputy Manager in Paint Quality Control Key Responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading the Team in Paint shop for production & Quality confirmation.
• Responsible for achieving the paint production & pass ratio target as per business plan.
• Daily Conduct Morning Meeting with Team members & analysis daily issues.
• Trouble Shooting of Various Technical Problems occurs during the line process.
• Confirmation & testing of process from CED to Topcoat and CED to Powder Coat.
• Checking & maintaining the finished product quality parameters like Dry film thickness, Adhesion, Gloss, Wave-scan, color values & RA value checking.
• Responsible for Defect analysis and communication for field failures and preparing Action plan for improvement and Standardization of the same.
• New Color Development & Launch management.
• Setting up of Quality control Lab to Functioning and Test Equipment sourcing & Installation Calibration & Maintenance of the same.
• Field complaint follow up, counter measure effectiveness verification.
• Conduct Process & Product Audit in-house.
• Continuous improvements like jigs, fixtures & shop floor activities.
• Kaizen target achievement.
• Maintain bath parameter for Degreasing, Surface Condition, and Chromatizing.
• Checking the Process parameters like PH, conductivity, Total Alkalinity, Free Alkalinity, Total Acid, Free Acid,Phosphating Coating weight, Sludge content,Analysing Sem picture, on volatile content, Ash content.,
• Maintain the Spray Paint Parameter like Viscosity, Paint mixing ratio.
• Maintaining the operation and maintenance of paint booth check sheets.
• Troubleshooting based on the defects like Air bubbles, color variation, dot, lint, blister, popping, orange peel, and pinhole.
• Experience in optimize & finalise the process parameters like,Temp,Voltage, EMT, Bake time
• CAPEX and Manpower calculation.
• Maintaining 5S activities in inspection line by fixed photo method. Achievements:
Major complicated field quality issue of colour fading problem in powder coat chassis parts solved by implementing pure polyester of powder instead of Epoxy polyester powder.
Changeover of Zinc plating process to Zinc Nickel plating process for tank mouth collar to overcome of plating peel off which led to corrosion resistance in mouth from field.
Major complicated quality issue of white patch problem from field solved by process improvement in Top coat line.
Major complicated inline quality issue of oozeout problem in fuel tank after PTCED solved by change of jig design.
Major complicated inline quality issue of water ingress in fuel tank during PTCED solved by change of metal mask to Aluminum mask.
ASIAN PPG INDUSTRIES LTD: Aug 2010 to June 2011
Designation: Technical Service Officer – Industrial Paint & Coatings Key Responsibilities:
Paint Trouble Shooting at customer site.
Standardization of New shades and Customer’s new products launches on line.
Trouble shooting paint application and paint issues.
Co-ordinate between customer and R & D for Testing & New shade developments.
Handle technical & commercial aspects of TSA painting of Hyundai.
To guide customers for best paint application techniques. KANSAI NEROLAC PAINT: Aug 2008 to July 2010
Designation: Junior Technical Service Officer – PTCED and Industrial Paint & Coatings Key Responsibilities:
Paint Trouble Shooting at customer site.
Controlling paint supply for quality & quantity.
Consumption tracking for PT, ED and Primer & Top coat paint.
Handle technical & commercial aspects of plastic painting ancillaries of TVS Motors.
To guide customers for best paint application techniques. CHEMETALL-RAI INDIA LTD: Sep 2007 to July 2008
Designation: Line Chemist – Pretreatment cleaning process(Zinc Phosphate Coating) Key Responsibilities:
Played an effective role in providing solution for problems found in Zinc Phosphate coating Line Production planning & control.
Educational & Professional Development:
• M.Sc. in Chemistry (General) from A.M. Jain College, University of Madras in 2007. Courses:
• BGAS Grade-II (Coating Inspector)
• Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
• Name : A.Sathish
• DOB & Age : 34 years
• Marital Status : Married
• Nationality : INDIAN
• Address for Communication : No.1/32.Gandhi Street, Mudichur,
Chennai - 48.
• Current CTC / Expected : 13 lakhs per annum / Negotiable
• Languages Known : Tamil & English
• Permanent Address: No.2.Ganagai Amman Koil St,
Roshanai, Tindivanam 60401.
I hereby certify that the information furnished above are true to my knowledge. Sincerely,