A highly talented, passion driven and versatile designer with a proven record of delivering creative and innovative program design solutions. A proven ability of developing projects from inception to final delivery.
Now looking for a suitable position with a high profile company, one which will make best use of my existing skills and experience to offer excellent services to my employer.
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effect, Adobe Premier, Adobe in design, Coral Draw, Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office, HTML, WordPress, Netobject Fusion, WOW Slider, Alligator Flash Designer, CSS3 Menu, Visual Slideshow, Dreamweaver.
· Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects with tight timelines
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff, media contacts and elected officials
· Expert written and verbal communication skills.
· Top-notch eye for design and typography
05/2017 to Current Senior Graphics Designer,
Mobile Zone Ghana Limited, TECNO (Head Office) Accra, Ghana
. Design and produce flyers, brochures, fundraising materials, screen graphics for email and web, event collateral (invitations, forms, posters), and promotional items
. Edits and convert acrobat reader files and picture files for design.
. Manage production workflow with outside vendors, as well as outside designers or consultants when necessary
. Coordinate printed material and promo item distribution across agency
. Update program brochures and create new ones when necessary
. Ensure consistent visual brand across all print materials and agency website
· Handle customer complaints.
· Respond Facebook comment.
· Respond to after sales service complaints.
· Distribute printed sales and marketing materials stocks to all the shops in the regional capitals.
· Call Shop leaders and promoters to cross check and confirm new prices of phones on flyers, roller up banners for sales promotions.
04/2019 to 09/2019 Senior Graphics Designer
Digital Mall Development Ghana Ltd. (Transion Holdings) Accra, Ghana
· Offer graphic design solutions for all print and electronic media tailored to meet all the marketing and promotion campaigns of the marketing department to drive sales in the shops across the regional branches.
· Source for quotation from suppliers and service providers, compare and contrast prices to award contract for both print and electronic media.
· Assist the retail department to draft letters of introduction to introduce our new product brands to be sold in our Mall shops to the Shopping Mall Management.
· Receive potential business partners from cooperate organization and institutions with the retail department team to introduce their product packages to our company.
· Hold meeting with the retail and marketing team to assess the impact, progress and performance of our promotions interventions on sales in the various shops.
·Visit both the shopping Mall and open market shops on routine checks to monitor the brands (SAMSUNG, ITEL, INFINIX, TECNO, LG, NASCO, SYINIX, TCL, NOKIA & ROCK) and their movement in our shops, interact with Sales promoters, shop leaders and customers about competitor promos, price analysis, discounts, sales and after sales services.
· Visit shops with questionnaires to enter data for the general work done in the Mall shops such as basic book keeping, stocks and stock balances, sales figures, after sales services, warehouse upkeep, rate and movement of stocks, general operations procedures such as condition of display tables, chairs, phone stands, money counting machine, safe box and so on.
· Assist the marketing team to pay rent and utilities in the Mall Shops, receive receipts of payment made and report to the accounts department.
· Discuss field visitations issues such as low sales, low stocks, poor brand representation challenges with the retail and marketing team to address and find marketing and retail solutions.
· Assist the IT Department to rectify basic hardware and software troubleshooting challenges on internet, computers, printers and other telecommunication facilities.
· Deliver promotion materials, banners, flyers, t-shirts and price tags to the shops to promote marketing activations.
· Prepare weekly report and send to supervisors on general work done in the week.
· Occasionally assist warehouse in offloading stocks from container, scanning stocks into RMS, and delivery of stocks to the shops.
05/2017 to 04/2019 Retail Managers (Accra East Shops, Ghana)
Mobile Zone Ghana Limited, TECNO (Head Office) Accra, Ghana
· Manage six (6) shops in Accra East namely Osu Shopping Mall, Osu (KFC) Shop, Junction Shopping Mall (E Hub), Mobile Zone Junction Mall Shop, Tema Mobile Zone New Shop, Tema Mobile Zone Old Shop.
· Receive stocks of phones (TECNO, Itel & Infinix) and electronic appliances (Syinix, TCL, LG & SAMSUNG) from warehouse and distribute stocks to the various points of sales using delivery vans.
·Visit the shops on routine checkups to monitor sales and general work done in the shops.
· Cross check tally on total sales made for the day to monitor opening stocks and closing balances.
· Randomly count physical stocks of phones to crosscheck whether it balances with phones stocks in tally software.
· Award marks on KPI (Key Performance Indicators) such as shop leader attendance, attitude to sales promoters, sanitary conditions in the shop, customer relations, knowledge of product sold, documentation and filing, daily, weekly and monthly sales target set and after sales services.
· Organize activations for the various shops to promote sales of slow moving phones when sales are low and supply of promotion materials to motivate customers to buy.
· Receive stocks requested from shop leaders, sanitary materials and forward them to purchase and supply department for immediate actions.
· Handle major and minor customer complaints issues such as after sales services, installation and delivery, internal transfers of phone to other points of sales and shortage of phones or burglary in the shop.
· Perform situational audit, stock audit and distribution audit to manage, control and deliver stocks within a geographical location to avoid shortages, delays in delivery and to avoid unexpected eventualities.
· Assist warehouse in parking and packaging, handling and transporting stock of phones to make sure there is availability of stocks at various Point of Sale.
· Sign waybills from warehouse to confirm stocks counted and parked into delivery vans for distributions.
· Ensure shops leaders and sales promoters counts stocks delivered at Point of Sale and sign waybills to confirm.
· Assist the opening of new shops acquired by the company, communicate with brand managers and supervisors to provide fixtures and fittings such as display tables, wall mounts, promo items, sales promoters, shop branding to fill the shops.
· Acquire working permit from government institutions such as AMA (Accra Municipal Assembly) or TMA (Tema Municipal Assembly)
· Update and inform various points of sale of price adjustments, faulty phones in shops to be fixed, stocks balances and inspect waybills.
11/2016 to 05/2017 Back Office Operations Manager,
EGATE Development Ghana Limited / Banana Electronics Hub (Head
Office) - Accra, Ghana
· Update Stock in Tamale, Bolga, Wa and Damonga Warehouse in B2R System.
· Update prizes changes of Itel, Infinix, Tecno phone models in B2R system.
· Confirm online orders from buyers, team members and direct sales van delivery.
· Cross check orders with receipt and invoices in Whatsapp platform.
· Call customers and delivery vans to approve agent online orders and report sales figures daily.
· Export excels sheet of daily sales report to mangers using B2R system.
· Hold meeting with team members and management to plan sales van outreach activities.
· Enter database of new agent sign up and generate their username and password
· Make photo retouches of creative for print and electronic media.
· Hold meetings with managers on product, promotions, pricing and distribution channels.
· Take minutes of meetings held and report according
· Make power point presentations of report for management decision.
11/2012 to 11/2016 Graphics and Website Designer
Mobile Zone Ltd. (TECNO Mobile Ghana, Head office.) Accra, Ghana
· Design phones press ads for publication in Daily Graphic and Ghana sports newspapers.
· Design creative of magazines advertisement for Agoo magazine, Oxford magazine, Premier Award’s magazine and Mobile world magazines
· Take pictures at press conferences, phone launches and upload them on website and Facebook page.
· Design print and online web banners for myjoyonline, Ghana web, peacefmonline and citifmonline
· Configure staff email accounts with outlook express for incoming and outgoing emails.
· Troubleshoot major and minor email and web problems on staff computers.
· Handle customer complaints and respond to them on Facebook.
· Link company website to Facebook page to direct and pull traffic.
· Burn radio jingles, television commercials, videos of press launch, award events onto compact disc for radio and television commercials.
· Design creative for compact disc covers and cases.
· Source for quotations from companies and compare prices for award of printing contracts.
· Make power point presentation of graphic designs to staff and management.
· Advise company on graphics and website decisions with Jumia.com online shopping platform and make recommendations.
· Design and print banners, backdrops, teardrop, posters, roll ups, shop heads, light boxes, x stands, marquee for promotions, activations, sales and marketing of phones.
· Update company website with pictures of awards winning events, phone launches, games and press launches.
· Edits and convert acrobat reader files and picture files for design.
· Edit slides of television commercials with company details.
· Design letterheads for Startimes, TCL, Maxtv, Max Estates, Mt Concrete and Centrum Properties.
· Assist in the preparation of end of year reports for company Headquarters in China.
· Process companies particulars for design of website online payment platform
· Assist in design of TECNO group websites such as Maxtv, Max Estates and Mt Concrete.
05/2008 to 09/2011 Graphic & Website Designer
Freelance Tema, Ghana
· Design and print banners, backdrops, teardrops, posters, roll ups, shop heads, light boxes, x stands, marquee for promotions.
. Edits acrobat reader files and picture files for design.
· Source for quotation from suppliers and service providers, compare and contrast prices to award contract for both online, print and electronic media.
· Purchase raw materials for printing press.
· Make color separations from computer to film and from film to plate for mass production
· Ran impressions on printer machines for mass production.
· Package and pack finished jobs for delivery
· Design websites for companies.
· Take digital images of client facilities, products and other items in pictures and enhance them for designing.
· Create email accounts from server for host domains.
· Create links on contact us pages to assign outlook express to incoming and outgoing emails.
· Incorporate codes into websites to pull traffic from social networks such as
Facebook, twitter and linked in.
· Enable Google analytics for statistics tracking to monitor progress of site.
· Upload designed websites onto host servers using FileZilla FTP.
· Update website on monthly or quarterly basis for clients.
· Handle customer complaints.
02/2007 to 02/2008 Marketing Executive
Panasty Construction Company Limited and Cosmos Suntech Tema, Ghana
· Market, promote and sale of solar water heaters and panels to hotels, restaurant.
· Book appointment with hotels and restaurant managers to introduce our company to them.
· Prepare letters of introduction and price list.
· Prepare field reports and calculate solar water heaters sold for record
· Enter records and file documents.
· Took stock and inventory of sold and stored solar water heaters.
· Held meeting with general manager to discuss field challenges.
11/2006 to 01/2007 Marketing Executive
Global Cartridge Limited Tema, Ghana
· Source for empty inkjet printer cartridges for refilling and remanufacturing of laser jet printer cartridges.
· Prepare invoices and fax them to clients.
· Receive payment of delivered cartridges from client companies.
· Adopt marketing strategies to enhance better service delivery to
· Discuss field challenges encountered with general manager.
· Research price disparities with competitor companies.
· Create database of client companies using MS-Excel.
· File reports, invoices, and receipts into folders.
09/2006 to 11/2006 Assistant Production Manager
California Link (E.P.Z.) Ghana Limited, Tema, Ghana
· Supervise the cutting department on fabric laying, cutting and stiffening.
· Issue production directives to team layers and cutters to achieve production set targets.
· Ensure quality control checks on cut portions and proper arrangement of inputs for sewing section.
· Record data of completed cut garment such as pippins, moons, plackets, colors, cuffs, front and back into record books.
· Mark registers of attendance and ensure workers’ salaries are paid.
06/2005 to 08/2006 Assistant Productions / Export Manager
Premium Exim Fritete African Artworks Accra, Ghana
· Assist buyers to select samples artifacts from export companies
· Organize exhibition platform and pavilions for different export companies to display their products
· Take descriptions and particulars of items picked by buyers.
· Assist preparation of FOB (Freight On Board) prices for volume orders.
· File export documents such as Purchase Orders, Correspondences with Partners Online, Carton Markings, Accessories, Commercial Invoice, Parking list, Fumigation Certificate, Letters of Credit, Commercial Invoice, Bill of Laden, Testing reports, Container Load Plan into SOP (Standard Operation Procedure) file
· Supervise circular saw machine operators, carvers, finishers and packagers. · Ensure quality control checks on wood such as moisture readings of seasoned wood, finishing and proportions.
· Assist in preparing of export documents such as Container Load Plan, Barcodes, Parking list and Commercial Invoice for shipping.
· Arrange volumes of selected products for loading into container.
· Take stock and inventory of assorted handicraft in storage.
· Package, pack and stuff artworks with silica jell into cartons.
· Labeled and number carton with barcodes.
· Prepare parking list to cover volumes of cartons into container.
· Transport container to freight forwarder for shipping.
· Ship small packaged items such as assorted jewelry items by air through DHL.
· Assist in preparation of payment vouchers for workers
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
06/2005 Bachelor of Arts Degree,
Integrated Rural Art & Industry, Kwame Nkrumah University Science & Technology Kumasi, Ashanti Region, Ghana
Courses: Graphics Design, Product Design and Packaging, Research Methodology, Industrial Management, Project Report 1& 2
06/1999 Computer Certificate,
Institute Of Information Technology Tema, Ghana
Courses: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Coral Draw, Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Suites, HTML
BA Art and Industry Art and Industry Class 2005/2005 Member Certificate
Art Society Certificate Rural Arts Dept. 2004/2005 Member Certificate, University SIRA Certificate Rural Art dept. 2004/2005 Member Certificate, University (NUPSG) Presbyterian Church 2004/2005 Member Certificate, University Evangelism Certificate Presbyterian Church 2004/2005 Member Certificate, University
Overall Best Student Prize Visual Art Class 1996/1998 Tema Senior High School Best Students Prize (Graphics Design) Visual Art Class 1996/1998 Tema Senior High School
UNFPA Poster Competition Certificate Visual Art Class 1996/1998 Tema Senior High School
2ND Cycle Cultural Festival Certificate Visual Art Class 1996/1998 Tema Senior High School
Scripture Union Certificate 1996/1998 Tema Senior High School
Junior Achievers Certificate Junior Achievement Club 1996/1998 Tema Senior High School
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
Member, Alumni Association, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology
WEBSITES, PORTFOLIOS, PROFILES
Portfolio Link: https://www.flickr.com/people/189030410@N04/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/david kwabeng 03a0a1a7/
On the Job Training on B2R (Tamale) : 3 weeks Training on B2R (Business to Retail) Operation Software for online Ordering by Wholesalers, Retailers and Agents in Tamale.
Languages Spoken: English and Twi
Communication: Excellent in oral and written communication.
I can make power presentations to clients outlining marketing design with the aid of Microsoft office PowerPoint.
Interests: Listening to gospel music, playing tennis, reading Newspapers, magazines, drawing and painting
Information Technology: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point and Word.
An undocumented video documentary on “The Traditional Leather Industry in Ghana, Asawase a Case Study”, presented to the Department of Integrated Rural Art, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi, Ghana for the award of a first degree in BA Integrated Rural Art and Industry.
Art Society Certificate
Foreign Worker Certificate
National Service Certificate
Information Technology Certificate
UNFPA Poster Competition Certificate
2ND Cycle Cultural Festival Certificate