To be a productive leader in any organization and to grow any business by utilizing my home infusion and customer service experience. Also, to obtain a challenging high-growth position to enhance in the billing and purchasing area of any business utilizing my over 20-year expertise. EXPERIENCE
Diplomat Specialty Infusion /Optum- Ronkonkoma, NY -Remote Aug 2019 to Present Supervisor, PBM Collections
Focus Rx Pharmacy Services / Diplomat Specialty Infusion - Ronkonkoma, NY from April 2017 - Aug 2019
Director, Billing and Collections
● Responsible for all aspects of electronic billing of PBM and Medical claims for specialty drugs and Infusion therapy drugs.
● Oversee the Cash and Collections of over 8.1 Million dollar A/R Revenue with a growing staff. Initiated Best Practice Plans for collection of all commercial insurance carriers, Government plans and Prescription Plans.
● Manage the Monthly Profitability reports showing cost of goods to analyze potential issues in the line of business.
● Monthly closing of the Cash posting and updating financial reports to the Corporate office.
● Excellent customer service with patient financials and payment plan reviews.
● Continued efforts in implementing new policy and procedures as new systems are introduced and the need to enforce in the daily activities.
● Responsible for onsite cash posting and collectors, with the ability to manage 2 off site billers.
● Customer service training within staff for better customer outcomes CVS Health - Plainview, New York from March 2014 - March 2017 Supervisor, Branch Medical Records
Apria/Coram Healthcare - Plainview, New York from April 1999- March 2014 Manager, Branch Medical Records
● Implemented record management system for branch archives which is currently used and is a successful tool in aiding the company in healthcare audits, lawsuits and any Quality Process that assists the HIPAA regulations and the Joint Commission accreditation.
● Streamlined process for record documentation collection which enhanced a quick turnaround for a successful billing process especially with the Medicare guidelines in NY State.
● Trainer on forms Procurement in the Tri State area branches
● Insurance Verification and Preauthorization knowledge for coverage of Home IV services and IV Medications.
● Managed reporting of pending documentations and worked closely with Sales and Billing to be the liaison between billing centers and branches.
● Successfully managed a staff of 8 individuals and addressed all Human Resources concerns in time accuracy, training and policy reviews also assisted the branch departments, Nursing Plan of treatment tracking and process, filing in Medical Charts, scanning and audits and any billing forms needed to collect on services provided.
● Ran a Customer Service pilot program and took it to several Branches in the Northeast region.
Coram Healthcare - Plainview, New York from October 1996 - April 1999 Admissions Manager
● Managed the Infusion Admissions process for all new startups from the verification process to the authorization and then the refill process as patients transition into their home settings.
● Successful interactions with specific payers as the Single point of contact. Also worked with referral sources in aiding them through the referral process and getting patients on board with home infusion services.
● Helped train and mentor team members to successfully transition into the Admission Management /supervisor jobs.
● Helped develop the single point of Intake process to the territorial, Hospital specific single point contacts for personal customer service.
● Responsible for the Ship confirmation process which in turn created the invoices for billing.
● Managed a staff of 15 employees that included clinicians. Health Management Inc - Holbrook, New York from July 1994 - October 1996 Reimbursement Manager
● Implemented billing system to increase productivity and streamline the accounts receivable process by developing processes and procedures.
● Maintained daily operations under the direction of the COO and took part of the quarterly audits that helped increase revenue by structuring an organized team.
● Helped develop the company's launch of bilingual communication with the local community to learn of the business.
● Participated in strategic meetings to launch a new Infertility Program of injectable drugs in 1994 and demonstrated the ability to maintain the program which doubled in profits and collections.
● Supervised a staff or 25 employees with two direct reports as team supervisors. Caremark Healthcare -Plainview, New York from August 1988 - July 1994 Reimbursement Manager
● Worked myself from a Reimbursement biller to supervisor to eventually the Reimbursement Manager of the Plainview Branch.
● Responsible for the management of an accounts receivable of over 10 million dollars.
● Accomplished a successful acquisition in which I was instrumental in a smooth transition, training staff and hiring.
● Analyzed monthly budgets for the department and created monthly cash goals by creating spreadsheets of all key financial indicators.
● Reduced Dates Sales Outstanding by over 45 days in the 1992 and 1993 years and maintained it until the billing centralized to NJ. EDUCATION
Southeastern University Hammond, Louisiana
Pursued a 2-year degree, GPA 3.0
● Foreign Language committee leader
● Proficient in Microsoft and Excel
● Rockpond reporting systems
● Customer service presentation skills
● Bilingual in Spanish - speaking, reading and writing INTERESTS
● Interested in culture differences and making a cohesive community.
● Family life and the well-being of them.
● New York Blood Center Donor
References are available upon request.