CV – ROOHE ZAFAR
Email: email@example.com Cell: +965-********
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering (2 years) GPA: 3.80 / 4.00 Bradley University, IL, USA
B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering (4 years) 79.74% aggregate Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Passport No.: S9733779 Valid up to 15.09.2028
Languages Known: English, Hindi, Urdu, and Arabic (basic) Driving License: U.A.E (Oct-2024); Kuwait (Aug-2023) SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Over 16 years of experience including Design and Project Engineering for Offshore & Onshore Oil and Gas drilling equipment, production equipment, Pressure Vessels (ASME Section VIII Div. 1 & 2), OBM, WBM, cuttings handling and packaged equipment, as well as cuttings re-injection equipment.
Successfully passed the ASME Audit for U & U2 Stamp Pressure Vessels for BMB in March, 2018. Experience in all phases of Engineering and Project Management from Basic/Conceptual/Front-End Engineering
(FEED) to Detailed Design, Installation and Commissioning in multi-national workforce environments. Taken up Lead positions in Projects and Engineering Design in Algeria, Oman, UAE, Kuwait and India with reporting relationship to CMD/GM/Project Manager/Engineering Manager. As Mechanical Design and Development Engineer, designed the Process including Equipment Selection and Sizing
(Static and rotating equipment), 3D modeling using SolidWorks, Equipment Layouts, Calculations including FEA using SolidWorks Simulation, and STAAD Pro. Engineering Design and Analysis as per API, ASME, ANSI and EN ISO Standards, as well as using DNV 2.7-1 & 3 and CSC codes. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Al-Kout Industrial Projects Co. Oct 2018 – Present Sr. Mechanical Engineer
• Responsibilities: Pumps hydraulic calculations, process design, operation and Control Philosophy, pipe sizing, P&ID’s, equipment general arrangements, equipment and pump skid design, site layout drawings, tanks design, valves and MOVs selection, site layouts and GA’s for foundations and other civil designs, vendor technical reviews, plant upgradations proposals, Plant and equipment 3D modeling, drawings and documentations, client meetings & correspondence.
• Technologies/Equipment: ClO2 generation and inline dosing system design, water treatment and dis-infection systems, pressure vessels, FRP chemical storage tanks, chemical unloading pumps, chemical metering pumps, FeCl3 production plant, pressure vessels, chemical process and blending tanks. Al-Mulla Industries Co. W.L.L. Aug 2017 – Oct 2018 Design & Estimation Manager
• Responsibilities: Leading the team of Design Engineers, 3D Modelers, Drafters and SAP Controller. Design Calculations-PV Elite, Compress, Excel sheets & FEA, 3-D Solidworks Models Review, Client Specifications Review-Technical & Cost Estimation, Vendor Meetings and Follow-ups, Client Meetings & Document submissions.
• Technologies/Equipment: Pig Launchers/Receivers, Drain vessels, liquid mud plant, double skinned AGFT & UGFT tanks, boiler chimney & ducting, process equipment, vacuum tankers, Silos, vertical storage tanks, etc. United Drilling Tools, Noida, India Feb 2015 – Aug 2017 Deputy Manager – Design
• Responsibilities: Leading the team of Design Engineers, QA Engineer, 3D Modelers, and Drafters. Design Calculations, 3-D Models Review (Creo & Solidworks), FEA Analysis, Client Specifications Review-Technical
& Cost Estimation, API Licensing, QA Plan, Vendor Meetings and Follow-ups, PPC and Procurement Coordination.
• Technologies/Equipment: Detailed Engineering of downhole and wireline tools including Artificial lift (GLV, SPM, casing pipes and connectors, stabilizers-API Monogrammed), Hydraulic & Electric wireline winches
(onshore & offshore drilling & production wireline, scrapping and logging services), Frame and Skid Mounted Equipment (Zone-2 & Rig Safe DNV and CSC Certified). Schlumberger (M-I SWACO), Dubai, UAE Dec 2008 – Jan 2015 Mechanical Development Engineer
• Team Leading: Leading the team of Mechanical Designers, Drafters and Document Controller. Review of Layouts, Drawings, Technical Specifications and Datasheets, P&IDs, BOM Indexes, Design Calculations, 3-D Models Review, Client Specifications Review, Document Control, Vendor Meetings and Follow-ups, Fabrication and Procurement Coordination.
• Technologies/Equipment: Detailed Engineering and Design of Skid & Frame Mounted Equipment (DNV 2.7- 1, 2.7-3) including Thermal Phase Separator (TPS), Thermo-mechanical Cuttings Cleaner (TCC), Cuttings Re- Injection (CRI), modular accommodations (Zone-2 and Safe Area equipment & facilities).
• Procurement Specifications: Sizing, selection & specifications for various heat exchangers (fin-fan, plate & shell & tube type), Screw Conveyors, Pumps, Manual and Actuated Gate, Globe and Ball Valves, Expansion Joints, Piping and Vessel Instruments, Filters/Strainers, Electric Motor and Gear Drives. UAE University, Abu Dhabi, UAE Sept 2004 – Nov 2008 Instructor-CAE
• Trainer for specialized subjects including FEA (ABAQUS & ANSYS), CFD (FLUENT) and CAD (Solidworks).
• Funded Researches: Predicting Failure Strength and Long-term performance of concrete structures strengthened by Fiber-reinforced composite materials, using FEA simulation on ABAQUS 6.3.
• Text-book Development: Problems c/w Solutions Development for “Elementary Hydraulics” by Cruise, Sherif, Singh; Thomson Publishing Services (ISBN 053*******) Sphinx Worldbiz Limited, Delhi, India Feb 2004 – Aug 2004 Design Engineer
• Equipment Design: Process Vessels as per ASME Sec. VIII, Div-1, Farm tractor (Case New-Holland), Medical equipment (artificial limb & diagnosis machine), Piaggio scooter parts.
• FE Structural Analysis: 37HP tractor sub-chassis design, Cylindrical Pressure Vessels, Hydraulic Pump Blades, using ANSYS. Designing and detailing of prosthetic arm, Special Purpose Vehicle & Automotive Plastic Components, using Pro/E. Training of Engineers on ANSYS & ABAQUS. SELECT ENGG. PROJECTS:
Location(s) Date(s) Client Project Scope
Dec 18 –
MEW Design, supply, install ClO2 generation plant
Oct 18 – Oct
Al-Kout Industries Project Management- FeCl3 production plant Burgan, Kuwait
Aug 19 – Jan
QMAX Project Management-Mud plant installation
Shuiaba, Kuwait Jan-Mar 18 Halliburton Design & mnfrg. of Mini Mud Plant. Kuwait May-Aug 18 Al-Rashed Convection heater refurbishment Assam, India Aug-Oct 16 ONGC, India Truck mounted hydraulic slick-line mast winch West Siberia,
Mar-Aug 15 AKROS, Russia
Cuttings Re-injection and HP Triplex Pumping
Abu Dhabi, UAE Jul-Dec 14 ADMA-OPCO
Design, manufacturing & installation of CRI,
dewatering unit & mud system on SARB Islands
Incahassi, Bolivia Jan-Jul 13 Total, Bolivia
Fabrication and Installation of TCC Process
Rig Area, Algeria
Feb 2011- Jan
Complete Design, Fabrication, Rig-up, &
Installation of TPS Drilling waste treatment system. EQUIPMENTS:
Static Equipment Rotating Equipment Packaged Equipment Drilling Equipment
- Pressure Vessels
- Fuel tanks (AGFT,
UGFT, Double wall)
- Heat Exchangers
- Convection heaters
- Slant plate clarifiers
- Screw conveyors
- Decanter Centrifuges
- MAB Centrifuges
- Centrifugal pumps
- Piston & Screw Pumps
- Gas Compressors
- Air compressors
- Triplex HP Mud Pumps
- Hydraulic pumps/motors
- ClO2 Generator
- Well testing equipment
- Air-Nitrogen Package
- Chemical Injection Pack
- Steam Heat Exchangers
- Convection Heaters
- Mobile Furnace
- Tank cleaning system
- GLV, SPM, Reamers &
stabilizers, Wireline &
- Solids Control Equipment
- Cuttings Handling &
Transport (CCB, ISO Pumps)
- Waste Injection (CRI)
- Cuttings Treatment
CONFERENCE AND PUBLICATIONS
1. Patent applied (Feb 2015) for the invention of “A compact and mobile retort apparatus for toxins and pollutants removal and recovery in a continuous process”.
2. A. Hammami, A. Shamsi, S. Hareb, R. Zafar, “Environmental Degradation of FRP Strengthened Concrete Structures” – Presented in International Conference on Composite Materials, June 2005. 3. R. Zafar, W. Nassar, A. Elbella, “Interaction between Pavement Instrumentation and Hot-Mix-Asphalt in Flexible Pavements” – Published in Emirates Journal of Research & Engg. and can be viewed at http://eclsun.uaeu.ac.ae/ejer/issues/v10/iss1_10.htm. AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
• HSE Recognition award: Awarded Zero LPT Installation Award by MI-QHSE, Algeria.
• Schlumberger Performance award for 5 years of project executions
• Graduate Research Assistantship Sponsored by Caterpillar, Peoria, IL MS – Mechanical Engineering.
• Awarded Academic Excellence Scholarship from Bradley University, IL USA TRAININGS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Offshore Trainings Date Location
Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET-including HUET & EBS) 07/02/2013 Aberdeen, UK M-I SWACO IFE Certification Date Location
IFE- Waste Management; IFE- Drilling Technologies
Oct-2013 Houston, TX
IFE-Basic Equipment; IFE- Basic Concepts; IFE- Fluid Volumes Oct, Nov-2009 Dubai, UAE Other Technical Trainings Date Location
IEC Ex/ATEX-Design & methods of Protection for Electrical & nonelectrical 31/01/2014 Houston, TX Solid Bowl Centrifuge training 28/3/2013 Aberdeen, UK Schlumberger Career Trainings Date Location
SLB Finance Basics; Time Management Basics; Problem Solving Oct-2012 Dubai, UAE Working Effectively with Customers 11/2/2012 Dubai, UAE