SELVALAKSHMI SELVARAJ ANAND
Phone : +91-989*******
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Of Birth : 27-05-1999 Nationality : Indian
An aspiring Genetic Engineer who wants to pursue research and contribute valuable and unique work to the field of Human Genetics.
• Bachelor of Technology, Genetic Engineering, CGPA (7.66) School of Bioengineering, (2016-present)
SRM Institute Of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur.
• Chimaya Vidyalaya Higher Secondary School, 96.4 % Rajapalayam, TN State Board - Grade 12 (2015 - 2016)
• Chinmaya Vidyalaya Higher Secondary School, 99%
Rajapalayam, TN State Board – Grade 10 (2013 – 2014)
• Treatment with interferon alpha induces Caspase-12 in Bladder Cancer (2020)
*Dr Sharada Mokkapati, Selvalakshmi (MD Anderson Cancer Center) Treating mice bladder cancer cells with interferon induces the production of caspase- 12 which can be used as potential immunotherapy against cancer through methods like Immunohistochemistry, western blotting.
• Screening of Immunogenetic variants causing Gastric Cancer (2018 – 2019)
*Dr. Megala Jayaraman,
Selva Lakshmi (Funded by DBT-BIOCARE)
Screening of genetic variants of TLR 2 like rs3804099, -196 to -174 deletion and its association with Helicobacter pylori induced gastric cancer in South Indian population. The screening is mainly based on the techniques of Allele-Specific PCR and Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (RFLP).
• Screening of gene expression profiles of Gastric cancer cell line (2019 – present)
*Dr. Megala Jayaraman,
The aim of the study is to evaluate the gene expression of TLR 2 and Interleukins in the Helicobacter pylori infected AGS cell line by using the microarray technique. The H. pylori strains including both cagA positive and cagA negative are used in the study. Objective
• Genetic variants influencing the Helicobacter pylori induced gastric cancer
*Dr. Megala Jayaraman,
A review paper discussing the genetic variants of the pattern recognition receptors and its association with Gastric cancer in different ethnicities submitted to the Microbial Pathogenesis Journal, Elseiver Publications.
• Genotyping by Real-Time PCR
Currently assisting a Ph.D scholar with his project titled “Screening of Immunogenetic variants of interleukins and its association with Gastric cancer” by the process of Real- Time PCR using Taq-man probe.
Internships and Training
• Research Trainee at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA from Jan 6, 2020 to Jun 26, 2020 under Dr. Collin P Dinney in the Department of Urology.
• Microbiology in Biolim Centre for Science and Technology, Chennai (Dec 2017) A very short internship on microbiology for obtaining the foundation of various techniques like different types of streaking, media prepaparation, biochemical tests for microorganisms. Obtained a grade reference of A.
• Dr.G.Kumaramanickavel, Genetic Counseling in Center For Medical Genetics, Chennai (Jun 2018)
Training on the basic techniques of Genetic counseling, pedigree chart description and lectures from various Genetic counselors regarding the rare genetic disorders. We had the oppurtunity to interact with the patients and to carefully analyze their reports for appropriate counseling sessions.
• Massive online open course on “ An introduction to Psychology” on coursera platform by Yale University.
Conferences and Workshops
• NextGen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies (NGBT) Conference, Sep 30 – Oct 3, 2019, Mumbai.
Poster presentation on the research project “Screening of Immunogenetic variants of TLR2 causing Gastric Cancer” in the NGBT conference, 2019.
• Indian Plant Science Congress, 23 – 25 Jan, 2019 SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu 603203. Received a certificate of appreciation for conducting a workshop on “Screening of Genetic variants by TETRA – ARMS PCR”
• NextGen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies (NGBT) Conference, Sep 30 – Oct 3, 2018, Jaipur.
Participated as a delegate in the NGBT conference, 2018.
• Recent Trends in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (RTGB), Sep 25 – 26, 2017
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Tamil Nadu 603203. Participated as a delegate in RTGB, 2017.
• Immunoinformatics workshop, BIO DISCOVERY GROUP LIFE SCIENCES, Sep 28 – 29, 2016.
Aarush’16 – The National Level Techno Manangement Fest of SRM Institute od Science and Technology.
• PCR – RT-PCR
• Molecular techniques – Gel electrophoresis, Western Blotting, IHC
• Animal Cell Culture – Maintaing cancer cell lines, Treatment with Drugs
• DNA Isolation – Plants, Human blood samples
• Primer Designing and Bioinformatics
• A certificate of appreciation for volunteering in the Rare Disease Day 2k19, held in SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur on Feb 28, 2019
• A certificate of appreciation as a member of the Council Affairs team in the eigth edition of SRM Model United Nations 2019, Feb 22-24, 2019
• A certificate of participation in the Outreach team of SRM Model United Nations 2018, Feb 9 – 11, 2018
• A certificate of appreciation for volunteering in the Rare Disease Day 2k17, held in SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur on Mar 17, 2017
• A certificate of excellence for the exceptional work as a member of external promotion during Milan’17- a national level cultural and sports festival organised by SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur from Mar 8 – 12, 2017.
• A certificate of participation for taking part in the Trivium Congregation 2016 held at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Sep 10, 2016. Awards and Honors
• Proficiency award in the year 2014 - Grade 10 with a score of 497/500
• Proficiency award in the year 2016 – Grade 12 with a score of 1157/120 Declaration
I hereby declare that the information mentioned above is correct to the best of my knowledge. Place: Signature
268A, Sankarankovil Road, Selva Lakshmi Anand